Msg Preview

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
What's the posibility of adding a message preview button like slashdot? (oops I mean macslash)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by ThinkingDifferent:

<strong>What's the posibility of adding a message preview button like slashdot? (oops I mean macslash)</strong><hr></blockquote>It's not possible with UBB asfaik.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Is there really a point to it anyway? If there's something wrong with your post you can always edit it.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Impossible with UBB.

Sorry
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Impossible? No. Able to be done? Yes. Gonna happen here? No.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    You wanna code it, Trekkie?

yourself.
  • Reply 6 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Trekkie:

<strong>Impossible? No. Able to be done? Yes. Gonna happen here? No. </strong><hr></blockquote>Are you kidding?
  • Reply 7 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by Synotic:

<strong>Are you kidding?</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, I'm not. There is a UBB hack that allows you to preview your post before submitting it. UBB is very, very flexible.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by Trekkie:

[QB]No, I'm not. There is a UBB hack that allows you to preview your post before submitting it. UBB is very, very flexible. [/QB][/QUOTE]Care to show us/give us a link? Anyways, the more hacks they put on, the harder it is to update.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    I know how hard it becomes to keep the boards current with hacks installed. I run my own UBB. That's why I know so much about it's abilities and code hacks.

The link for the preview post hack: <a href="http://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000013"; target="_blank">http://www.ubbdev.com/db/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=20&t=000013</a>;

I've offered to help install these hacks and keep the boards current but no takers so far. Oh well!
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Nah, I don't think you actually need this. As someone else mentioned: You can always go back and edit your message.
  • Reply 11 of 15
    jlbjlb Posts: 12member
    It's coming in UBB 6.2, which is currently in private beta. Expect it to go public beta sometime later this month or early in January.

-jlb
  • Reply 12 of 15
    [quote]Originally posted by jlb:

<strong>It's coming in UBB 6.2, which is currently in private beta. Expect it to go public beta sometime later this month or early in January.

-jlb</strong><hr></blockquote>

That won't be out for at least another six months, probably (final version), but that's when it's coming.

Just a heads up, these are the other features coming with 6.2:

1. Who's Online

2. Polls

3. Post Preview

4. Email Notification Off Option

5. Private Forum Posting Enhancements

So please don't ask until 6.2's out.

thanks

[ 12-05-2001: Message edited by: gorgonzola ]</p>
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Final public version of 6.2 in six months? Nah. Two or three after the beta release, max.

Infopop is slow, but they're not that slow.

-jlb
  • Reply 14 of 15
    OK, I checked. It was about five months between the public beta of 6.1 and the actual final release (not counting 6.1.0.1 and 6.1.0.2 bug fixes). My mistake.

-jlb
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Double post.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: jlb ]</p>