Apple iOS 11.0.3 update available, fixes iPhone 7 haptic feedback, iPhone 6s screen servic...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 33

jeff_cook said:
    slurpy said:
    jeff_cook said:
    slurpy said:
    tzeshan said:
    Apple product quality is worse.  This is the third update for bug fixes after 11 is released three weeks ago. On the surface one will argue Apple is working hard fixing bugs. The truth is Apple use little number of employees dedicated to product testing. The bugs are mostly discovered by users. This is a random hit and miss technic. 
    "The truth it"? Sorry, how the fuck do you know that's the "truth", and how do you have ANY idea how many employees Apple has bug testing? Logic would indicate it is a higher number now than anytime in its history. Every version of iOS has associated bugs. I'm just glad that Apple is now providing fixes and updates at a much quicker pace than before. Thats a good thing, not bad.
    You seem to have become unhinged over this.  It not worth it.  Find some way to calm down. You will live longer. 
    Sounds like I am, I'm just sick and tired of reading these "The truth is..[insert some variation of how Apple sucks]" posts, where the poster proceeds to pull something out of his ass and claim as fact. 
    I agree with you, it is upsetting to see people do that. However, maybe that's the point.

I think we all want to see a perfect product out of the gate. It's frustrating when it's not.  I personally think the poster is trying improve Apple QC in their own way.  Bringing attention to their own frustration to the masses through speculation of what they may not be doing right.
    If you believe anything said on these forums affects Apple policy you are seriously overvaluing your time. 
    jony0
  • Reply 22 of 33
    tzeshan said:
    Apple product quality is worse.  This is the third update for bug fixes after 11 is released three weeks ago. On the surface one will argue Apple is working hard fixing bugs. The truth is Apple use little number of employees dedicated to product testing. The bugs are mostly discovered by users. This is a random hit and miss technic. 
    [...]
    You are an idiot.  Every week Apple asked people to install a new version. Hundreds of million of people spent a few minutes to do it. In total this is a huge waste of time. Many of the bug fixes do not effect every one.  But they have to waste a few minutes at least to do it. 
    Aren't you the idiot who was whining about how we don't know how long it'll take them to fix the static bug? Well here's your answer and you're still not happy. Nobody is forcing anyone to run every minor update, but at least they're offering it for people who are affected by what you previously described as a deal breaker of a bug. Go away.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 23 of 33

jeff_cook said:
    tipoo said:
    Still no fix for the tanked battery life and UI framerate, sad panda. 

Still also have the issue where it won't play the audio I played last when connected to a car or reconnecting headphones, between apple music and podcasts it's like a random number generator. Once I even pressed the earpod remote to pause a podcast, and music started playing instead. 

Like this thread: 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/74opom/ios11_i_never_know_what_audio_will_play_next/
    I have the audio thing too - its a tad confusing,
    As far as battery life , my newish 5SE is terrible on battery, so is my wife's 5S. I have two colleagues at work - one with 5SE ( we both like the smaller iPhones) and one with a 7, and they have had no apparent issues with battery life. 
    It seems from my very small sample size that is only some ( small percentage? iPhones that are suffering - I hope Apple fixes it soon. Im holding out for an X, ( I know its big but Apple are no likely to offer an X-mini anytime ever..
    Both my iPad mini 4 and iPhone SE drain from 100 to 25 percent if left unplugged overnight.  

Are you using HomeKit? I’m trying to figure out why some are affected more than others. Back in iOS 10 I notice battery life took a bit of a hit when I started to use it.

But this change going to ios11 is ridiculous to drain this much without being used at all over night.  
    Have you checked the battery usage in Settings to see what the main offenders for the last 24 hours are when you get up? I'd check those and see if turning off Background App Refresh for those particular apps helps. Facebook, for example, has been a huge offender in the past.
  • Reply 24 of 33
    iOS 10.3.3 still works beautifully for those wondering. not touching the steaming pile of shit that is iOS 11 until they fix the battery life issues
  • Reply 25 of 33

jeff_cook said:
    slurpy said:
    jeff_cook said:
    slurpy said:
    tzeshan said:
    "The truth it"? Sorry, how the fuck do you know that's the "truth", and how do you have ANY idea how many employees Apple has bug testing? Logic would indicate it is a higher number now than anytime in its history. Every version of iOS has associated bugs. I'm just glad that Apple is now providing fixes and updates at a much quicker pace than before. Thats a good thing, not bad.
    You seem to have become unhinged over this.  It not worth it.  Find some way to calm down. You will live longer. 
    Sounds like I am, I'm just sick and tired of reading these "The truth is..[insert some variation of how Apple sucks]" posts, where the poster proceeds to pull something out of his ass and claim as fact. 
    I agree with you, it is upsetting to see people do that. However, maybe that's the point.

I think we all want to see a perfect product out of the gate. It's frustrating when it's not.  I personally think the poster is trying improve Apple QC in their own way.  Bringing attention to their own frustration to the masses through speculation of what they may not be doing right.

you are right, it likely is speculation. 

Go look at the rest of the posts by the user in question, and you'll quickly understand the desire to curse. 
  • Reply 26 of 33
    I used the developer beta for several months before the full iOS 11 release, and the version that was released as 11.0 was buggier than the betas.  That leads me to believe that many of these issues were caused by changes in the release candidate after the hardware announcements were made that were not in previous builds.

That being said, the one device that was having issues were resolved by a full restore and setup as a new phone.  It's not ideal, but I've found it works 99.99% of the time.  A couple of others had their battery life issues resolved with just a backup and restore.

I know its a major inconvenience but giving the phone a clean wipe will often help with the battery and performance issues.  Usually its a process that is crashing and relaunching in the background that causes both symptoms.  I don't know if those that post here have tried that, but I'm always quite surprised at how often I make the recommendation to someone complaining about their phone and they didn't think to try any type of re-install or restore.
  • Reply 27 of 33
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    On this like a fat kid on a cupcake!
    So politically incorrect. 

And yet … so damn funny!

:-D

• Reply 28 of 33

jeff_cook said:
    LukeCage said:
    tzeshan said:
    So your saying a 41 year old company doesn’t know how to properly conduct product testing? The bugs that happen, which are, completely normal are due to the number of users compiled by massive number of user scenarios that can’t be accounted for. Apple has to ship software on a reasonable timeline so they can only test for common and likely scenarios. Even then bugs still can occur. It is impossible for any company to test for all possible things that could happen for over a Billion users. 
    This could also be said about Microsoft? I don’t think it’s the age of the company that matters.  
    Microsoft’s products are rock solid stable. The problems folk have with them are related to insane management decisions, not bugs. 

I had had to register Windows10 a few weeks back, and the automatic process failed. I rang support and they pointed to a hidden “feature” that would allow me to register via their chat service. All I had to do was supply the chat bod with the Windows ID number. 

As instructed, I go to the Windows task menu bar, enter four random characters and a dialog pops up with the Windows ID code. 

Voila!

Almost

The Windows ID code is about sixty characters long, and all Windows input functions are disabled while it is on screen. That means it cannot be copied, pasted and you can’t access another app while it’s being displayed. 

You need to take a picture of the screen with your camera, dismiss the dialog, then type the number in manually. 

See? Not a bug, just stupidity.  

• Reply 29 of 33
    tzeshan said:
    Nope. The level of quality is the same. Apple usually rolls up more fixes into a single release. Now they’re doing more frequent, smaller fixes because they want the OS polished as much as possible before the iPhoneX lands. 
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 30 of 33
    tipootipoo Posts: 1,142member
    tipoo said:
    Still no fix for the tanked battery life and UI framerate, sad panda. 

Still also have the issue where it won't play the audio I played last when connected to a car or reconnecting headphones, between apple music and podcasts it's like a random number generator. Once I even pressed the earpod remote to pause a podcast, and music started playing instead. 

Like this thread: 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/74opom/ios11_i_never_know_what_audio_will_play_next/
    I have the audio thing too - its a tad confusing,
    As far as battery life , my newish 5SE is terrible on battery, so is my wife's 5S. I have two colleagues at work - one with 5SE ( we both like the smaller iPhones) and one with a 7, and they have had no apparent issues with battery life. 
    It seems from my very small sample size that is only some ( small percentage? iPhones that are suffering - I hope Apple fixes it soon. Im holding out for an X, ( I know its big but Apple are no likely to offer an X-mini anytime ever..

Wandera did a large scale survey of battery life and iOS11 does indeed drain things faster, we're not anomalies, we're the norm 

• Reply 31 of 33
    Happy to report that 11.0.3 seems to have fixed my battery life issue on my iPad mini 4. 
    However, my iPhone SE is still a basket case.  Low power mode does not help.  I turn on low power mode,  I don’t use the phone actively but check on it every few hours and the battery keep dropping quicky. Seems like phone isn’t sleeping 
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 32 of 33
    jeff_cook said:
    Happy to report that 11.0.3 seems to have fixed my battery life issue on my iPad mini 4. 
    However, my iPhone SE is still a basket case.  Low power mode does not help.  I turn on low power mode,  I don’t use the phone actively but check on it every few hours and the battery keep dropping quicky. Seems like phone isn’t sleeping 
    Backup and restore time, or, worst case, restore and setup as new time... unfortunately...
  • Reply 33 of 33
    That worked!!! Happy as a clam now. Battery fixed!!!