enable memberlist?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
On other UBBs you can find a list of all registered users under "...ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=memberlist". Any special reason why it isn't enabled here?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    I was wondering that as well. MacNN doesn't have this either.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    part 2 (edit: I'm not crying for more smilies. I just think the standard smilies look bad and could be easiliy replaced. )

->

->

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Infinite Void ]</p>
  • Reply 3 of 9
    -&gt;

-&gt;

-&gt;

:cool: -&gt;
  • Reply 4 of 9
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    I like the smilies the way they are .. but we need a aka one.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Infinite Void:

<strong>On other UBBs you can find a list of all registered users under "...ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=memberlist". Any special reason why it isn't enabled here?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Privacy?

I get really annoyed by UBB's that don't let you hide your e-mail or have other ways for prying eyes to track you down. I think this goes well with the single "Member" category etc.

Escher
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Um...actually you can hide your email address. You did it for your profile for example.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by Infinite Void:

<strong>Um...actually you can hide your email address. You did it for your profile for example.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I know. It's hidden intentionally. I was just going off on a rant about the loss of privacy online. E.g. I just signed up for Hotmail so that I could use MSN Messenger to chat with family. Thank goodness all the spam will be going to my Hotmail account, which I won't use anyway.

Back on topic, I really don't care whether we can see a list of login names. I was just guessing as to the Admin's reasons for not enabling the "feature." I still think it's of doubtful value.

Escher
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Doubtful value. Plus, I don't see where to turn it on in the control panel.

Sorry.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    The memberlist isn't a feature, it's a UBB hack created by third parties.