Rumor: Apple working with LG on foldable OLED iPhone in 2020, leaving rival Samsung in dar...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    I want a foldable iPad, so I can read magazines and books the way they should be read, two pages side by side. Make it so, Apple.
    You know you can read books in landscape mode.
  • Reply 22 of 32

gatorguy said:
    Why would Apple feel compelled to follow Samsung with their own foldable phone? Have consumer studies found we really WANT foldable phones? 
    This article seems suspicious. Apple doesn’t make decisions this way.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    I want a foldable iPad, so I can read magazines and books the way they should be read, two pages side by side. Make it so, Apple.
    You know you can already do that by turning your iPad sideways, right?
    You know two full-size magazine pages squeezed onto one 10" screen are unreadably small, right? Of course you don't.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    You know you can already do that by turning your iPad sideways, right?
    You know you can read books in landscape mode.
    You know two full-size magazine pages squeezed onto one 10" screen is unreadably small, right? Of course you don't.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 25 of 32
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,064member
    afalkner said:
    The Computers in Westworld use this technology and it looks awesome. I’d love one of these devices. 

That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw this thread. It is, of course, a prop. I suspect the actual displayed information is done by GCI.

But hey, if we are wishing for stuff from Westworld, there is some other tech in there I'd really rather have access to. If you know what I mean.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    afalkner said:
    The Computers in Westworld use this technology and it looks awesome. I’d love one of these devices. 

Is eyesight better in the future because those fonts look unrealistically small.
    JWSC
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Soli said:
    afalkner said:

Is eyesight better in the future because those fonts look unrealistically small.
    I know these are fake in the show but its also the first thing I thought of when I read this post. And yes eyesight is WAY better in the future...they replace your eyeballs with robotic eyeballs so you can see extra small fonts....although Bernard still wears glasses in the show....Maybe they are super magnifying glasses!
  • Reply 28 of 32
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    afalkner said:
    Soli said:
    afalkner said:

I know these are fake in the show but its also the first thing I thought of when I read this post. And yes eyesight is WAY better in the future...they replace your eyeballs with robotic eyeballs so you can see extra small fonts....although Bernard still wears glasses in the show....Maybe they are super magnifying glasses!
    The one character where's glasses in the "San Junipero" of Black Mirror so we can also assume they do it for style.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,064member
    afalkner said:
    Soli said:
    afalkner said:

Spoiler alert

Ummm...Bernard's glasses aren't a bug. They're a feature. 
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Should be ready for the 40th anniversary of the Knowledge Navigator!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jiBLQyUi38
  • Reply 31 of 32
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    gatorguy said:
    Why would Apple feel compelled to follow Samsung with their own foldable phone? Have consumer studies found we really WANT foldable phones? 
    Apple don't work with consumer studies. They envision stuff they think is the best. But now with Steve Jobs not around, I have a feeling we will see a lot of visions all over the place. A foldable iPhone Plus could turn into an iPad when unfolded. I think there's a use in that if it folds with the screen on the outside, so that you don't have to open it to operate it. Also a foldable iPad could sort of become a laptop. Another would be a sort of Apple Wrist band thing.

Actually, I think the biggest problem is to create a hinge and a mechanical solution that keeps the product rigid when folded and unfolded. That Samsung concept video seemed like it was gonna break easily, from what I remember.
  • Reply 32 of 32
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    palegolas said:
    gatorguy said:
    Apple don't work with consumer studies. 
    Yes Apple in much the same way as some other companies utilizes consumer studies in future planning, using undisclosed 3rd party firms at times as well as doing their own Apple-branded surveys about current and potential products and features. They would be silly not to.

If you're a long-time Apple user I'm surprised if you haven't taken part in one yet. I don't know why anyone would think they do not, but perhaps you're relying on a comment Mr Jobs made once that was quite obviously misconstrued.  Despite what some folks thought he had said we already knew Apple does do consumer surveys because during the Samsung/Apple trial they asked for evidence of them and the contents thereof to be sealed. This link is simply more up-to-date proof from Apple themselves that they do consumer surveys. 
    https://www.apple.com/feedback/survey.html
    edited October 2017