First look: Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3 with cellular, GPS

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited October 2017
On the heels of the launch of the Apple Watch Series 3, Apple has begun shipping the Nike Plus version of its wearable, LTE-connected device. AppleInsider offers a closer look at the new sport-focused watch.

For reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    larryalarrya Posts: 606member
    Removed Nike+ from my Series 2 just this morning after it crashed and would not restart at the end of my run. Also seems more sluggish going between screens. Buh bye.  Back to Apple Workout app - so much more reliable. 
  • Reply 2 of 7
    larrya said:
    Removed Nike+ from my Series 2 just this morning after it crashed and would not restart at the end of my run. Also seems more sluggish going between screens. Buh bye.  Back to Apple Workout app - so much more reliable. 
    yup. nike+ crashes middle of a run as well. hate it when it does that. haven’t used it since.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    larrya said:
    yup. nike+ crashes middle of a run as well. hate it when it does that. haven’t used it since.
    Yup have to agree, the Nike app is crap. I like the watch faces and since they are the same price I just get one and remove the app. Also love the bands.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    fbicking said:
    larrya said:
    Yup have to agree, the Nike app is crap. I like the watch faces and since they are the same price I just get one and remove the app. Also love the bands.

Maybe it's iOS4 that could be the issue? I also have the Nike Series 2 black/volt but still using iOS 3.2.2. and have no issues. That's one of the reasons I haven't updated. Why mess up a good thing? Also, I don't like that Apple took out the iPhone music library.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/19/watchos-4-no-longer-lets-you-browse-iphone-music-library-on-your-apple-watch

• Reply 5 of 7
    fbicking said:
    larrya said:

Maybe it's iOS4 that could be the issue? I also have the Nike Series 2 black/volt but still using iOS 3.2.2. and have no issues. That's one of the reasons I haven't updated. Why mess up a good thing? Also, I don't like that Apple took out the iPhone music library.

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/19/watchos-4-no-longer-lets-you-browse-iphone-music-library-on-your-apple-watch

I'm in the same boat. I've had no problems with the Nike app on my Series 2 Black/ Volt watch. It's on watchOS 3 as well.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    fbicking said:
    larrya said:
    Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. "Your time is twenty............five.........minutes..........and.............forty.................two...............seconds"