Locking Threads

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
The mods seem to be locking lots of threads lately when there's no need. I agree with locking threads that are the same as others, but there are some that are funny that are getting locked.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Examples?
  • Reply 2 of 25
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The threads that Jonathan, Amorph, and I have been locking lately have all had reasons to be locked. Please explain a little.
  • Reply 3 of 25
    If anything, I feel the mods have been rather lenient.
  • Reply 4 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by Retrograde:

<strong>If anything, I feel the mods have been rather lenient.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thank you for sticking up for us mods. I think you're the first person who's said that recently.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

Thank you for sticking up for us mods. I think you're the first person who's said that recently.

[ 12-06-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Just calling it as I see it
  • Reply 6 of 25
    We're letting a lotta shit slide...

so i don't understand.
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Jonathan, a lot of people here don't realize that.
  • Reply 8 of 25
    I'd like to state that we, at the beginning, were very strict about certain things... chalk it up to rookie mistakes. We locked things when the discussion was over, .. Now, we're really trying to stay outta most things, unless something is really out of place or inappropriate.

I'll apologize for AI for our past behavior, but, we think we're doing a pretty good job in the present. If you disagree, please... give us feedback- we're very much happy to oblige and loosen up on things... if we're just not "getting it"...
  • Reply 9 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>I'll apologize for AI for our past behavior, but, we think we're doing a pretty good job in the present. If you disagree, please... give us feedback- we're very much happy to oblige and loosen up on things... if we're just not "getting it"...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good idea. I think it'll be good hearing what the members have to say about the way we're all doing things.
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Actually, I was a little harsh. Forgive me. There were a few threads that I didn't feel should be locked, which I don't remember. Disregard my criticism.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    [quote]Originally posted by The Rootwitch:

<strong>Actually, I was a little harsh. Forgive me. There were a few threads that I didn't feel should be locked, which I don't remember. Disregard my criticism. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't worry about it.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
  • Reply 12 of 25
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    When I was a mod, I deleted double-posted topics and spammer posts and that was about it...but I wasn't a very good mod.
  • Reply 13 of 25
    sinewavesinewave Posts: 1,074member
    I don't know why people complain about locked threads. No one makes you post at a forum.. you don't own the forum. The people who own the site can even give you a 'iTool" status if they want. Usually forums are not democracies.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    we're going for democracy, though...
  • Reply 15 of 25
    Jonathan's right. That's the best way to deal with things around here.
  • Reply 16 of 25
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Or at least, benevolent, uh, modocracy?

Moderation in moderation is my motto.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    So we'll get to vote if a topic gets locked or not?
  • Reply 18 of 25
    hah.

no really, that was funny.

• Reply 19 of 25
    Well then it isn't a democracy
  • Reply 20 of 25
    I'd like to say that I'm really happy that AI is back. So I'm not complaining but how about a little constructive criticism?

Why was the thread about a new laptop at MWSF locked? That seemed really interesting and I think it deserved its own thread. The original MWSF threads have gotten pretty stale and people aren't posting in them as much.

Same goes with the "Insane MWSF features". I thought that would have been an interesting discussion. I think there already was one along those lines, but that died too.

I don't see the harm in resurrecting a discussion in a new thread, especially if the ideas are fresh and the old thread is long gone.

Again, I'm not complaining. I'm super glad AI is back and I'd rather have 90% of the threads closed then have no AI at all. heh

But I thought I'd just add my 2 cents and a little criticism which can never hurt as long as its not destructive.

Thanks for listening guys