Apple issues third developer betas of iOS 11.1, watchOS 4.1 and tvOS 11.1 [u]

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2017
Seemingly skipping macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 for now, Apple has issued new betas of iOS 11.1, watchOS 4,1 and tvOS 11.1 a week after the last revision.

The new software and accompanying build numbers are as follows:
  • watchOS 4.1 beta 15R5843a
  • iOS 11.1 beta 15B5086a
  • tvOS 11.1 beta 15J5580a
Apple's iOS 11.1 beta 3 also includes the return of the 3D Touch multitasking app switcher, added with beta 2. The third beta of watchOS 4.1 does not appear to add anything else, after an earlier version of the beta introduced support for streaming radio stations, including Beats1, over LTE.

A number of features were absent from the public release of iOS 11, including AirPlay 2 and Apple Pay Cash.

Apple's iOS 11.1 is likely to arrive around the time that the iPhone X, ships to customers on Nov. 3.

iOS 11 was quickly patched with two minor releases, fixing glaring bugs. It is not clear at this point if the bug fixes introduced in iOS 11.0.3 have been rolled into the latest iOS 11.1 beta -- but the issues fixed in iOS 11.0.1 and iOS 11.0.2 have.

Update: Apple has since released identical versions to public beta testers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    Hope it fixes draining battery life, now that we've missed the iOS 10.3.3 downgrade chance. There is also some camera initialization delay on iPhone 6, and still some text overlap in notifications pull-down. I think they stop signing the prior iOS version too soon. They should wait at least until 11.1.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    AI_lias said:
    Hope it fixes draining battery life, now that we've missed the iOS 10.3.3 downgrade chance. There is also some camera initialization delay on iPhone 6, and still some text overlap in notifications pull-down. I think they stop signing the prior iOS version too soon. They should wait at least until 11.1.
    I do not have any “draining battery life” issue on my iPhone 6. Battery life has been the same since day one. And I’m not the lucky one either. I’m the vast majority of users. 
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 3 of 8
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    My battery in my iPhone 6 is getting poor life. I can almost watch the percentage dropping down. I just looked, and my phone is now at 61%, in about 6 hours since on the charger. I've hardly touched it!!! It's drained faster then iOS11.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    AI_liasAI_lias Posts: 434member
    lkrupp said:
    AI_lias said:
    I do not have any “draining battery life” issue on my iPhone 6. Battery life has been the same since day one. And I’m not the lucky one either. I’m the vast majority of users. 
    Good for you!
  • Reply 5 of 8
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Anyone else experiencing blurry text on iOS Safari when switching between tabs? Only started occurring since 11.0 upgrade. 
  • Reply 6 of 8
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    I am expecting the next macOS developer beta to drop today.  I wonder if we will see the previous one or at least part of it released to users for the WEP2 patch?  It's comforting to know I'm covered with the betas but several of our Macs are not running the beta so here's hoping. 
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Battery Drain - The struggle is real!  However... I did a full backup and DFU restore of my iPhone 6 Plus and it fixed it.  Please; if you haven't done a full restore, give it a shot.  I was about ready to spike my phone on the pavement before the restore.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    bslaght said:
    Battery Drain - The struggle is real!  However... I did a full backup and DFU restore of my iPhone 6 Plus and it fixed it.  Please; if you haven't done a full restore, give it a shot.  I was about ready to spike my phone on the pavement before the restore.
    Good to know, I'll have to try that.