"Hop to:" at top as well as bottom

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Hi guys,

I use the "Hop to:" pop-up menu quite a lot but I find it annoying that I have to scroll to the bottom of the page for it.

Example if I post in a thread in Future Hardware and then want to hop to Current Hardware I have to scroll down to the bottom of the thread for the menu or go back to the main forum page and choose Current Hardware.

Could the "Hop to:" menu be placed near the top of the page as well as the bottom??

Thanks,

J :cool:

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Yeah, that's a good suggestion. Also, besides having that can we get links to each topic like at MacNN? I used that a lot over there and I like it better than the "Hop To:" thing.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by jamiemarshall:

<strong>Hi guys,

I use the "Hop to:" pop-up menu quite a lot but I find it annoying that I have to scroll to the bottom of the page for it....

Could the "Hop to:" menu be placed near the top of the page as well as the bottom??

Thanks,

J :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

I second that motion. In fact, I came over here to post a thread on this and found that it'd already been mentioned. Thanks jaimemarshall!

• Reply 3 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>Yeah, that's a good suggestion. Also, besides having that can we get links to each topic like at MacNN? I used that a lot over there and I like it better than the "Hop To:" thing.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What do you mean? Links on the main page to the currently active topics
  • Reply 4 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Infinite Void:

<strong>

What do you mean? Links on the main page to the currently active topics</strong><hr></blockquote>He meant links to all the forums. Basically the Hop To button but all the links are spread out at the bottom.

BTW, having the Hop To button at the top as well isn't that hard, but I don't think they are willing to do anymore hacks
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Thanks for clearing up.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Synotic:

<strong>BTW, having the Hop To button at the top as well isn't that hard, but I don't think they are willing to do anymore hacks </strong><hr></blockquote>

If it isn't so hard then why won't they do it?
  • Reply 7 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>

If it isn't so hard then why won't they do it?</strong><hr></blockquote>They feel that it will be annoying to redo so many hacks when they upgrade. I could probably send over a hacked file to one of the admins but I dunno if they'd use it.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    We've been told not to hack it ourselves.

• Reply 9 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>We've been told not to hack it ourselves.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

This is out of context. You don't know Perl, that's why you've been told not to hack the UBB.

Given how fast one can get to the bottom of a page (Command-Down Arrow works pretty well), I don't think this is necessary enough to warrant hacking the BB. Hacking is a pain since you have to reapply all these hacks after upgrading the BB...this one isn't worth it.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>We've been told not to hack it ourselves.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

*cough* anchor hack *cough*
  • Reply 11 of 11
    [quote]Originally posted by Infinite Void:

<strong>*cough* anchor hack *cough*</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yah, I'm going to add that at some point this week. Probably Friday/Saturday. (This week is busy.)