Apple makes available fourth developer betas of iOS 11.1, watchOS 4.1

Posted:
in iPhone
For the second time in a week, Apple has issued updates to the developer beta programs of iOS 11.1 and watchOS 4.1.

The new software and accompanying build numbers are as follows:
  • watchOS 4.1 beta 15R846
  • iOS 11.1 beta 15B92
Apple's iOS 11.1 beta 4 also includes the return of the 3D Touch multitasking app switcher, added with beta 2. The fourth beta of watchOS 4.1 does not appear to add anything else, after an earlier version of the beta introduced support for streaming radio stations, including Beats1, over LTE.

A number of features were absent from the public release of iOS 11, including AirPlay 2 and Apple Pay Cash.

Apple's iOS 11.1 is likely to arrive around the time that the iPhone X, ships to customers on Nov. 3.

iOS 11 itself was quickly patched with two minor releases, fixing glaring bugs. It is not clear at this point if the bug fixes introduced in iOS 11.0.3 have been rolled into the latest iOS 11.1 beta -- but the issues fixed in iOS 11.0.1 and iOS 11.0.2 have.

The previous developer's betas of iOS 11.1 and watchOS 4.1 were released on Monday.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mubailimubaili Posts: 453member
    yea, beta 3 is bug as hell

• Reply 2 of 5
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Beta 3 is eating through my Series 3 Watch battery like crazy.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Beta 3 has been horrible. My device reboots every few hours and reboots 3 times in a row. A few hours later - same thing. Thankful for beta 4. Was about to revert to standard iOS 11.03. Help beta 4 fixes this issue. 
  • Reply 4 of 5
    iOS 11 was also missing iCloud Messages. It wasn’t fully baked in the beta period but showed great potential and I will cheer its return. 
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Has anyone else noticed that with this latest beta update the blocked callers feature doesn’t work? I’ve been inundated lately with political calls.