Fifth iOS 11.1, fourth tvOS 11.1 and macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 developer betas arrive [u]

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2017
Apple has again short-cycled the developer testing release cycle with a new fifth beta of iOS 11.1 accompanying fourth betas of macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 and tvOS 11.1.

The new software and accompanying build numbers are as follows:
  • macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 beta 17B45a
  • tvOS 11.1 beta 15J5582a
  • iOS 11.1 beta 15B93
The latest iOS 11.1 beta is an increment of only one digit from the previous release. It is unclear at this time what has been changed or added.

A number of features were absent from the public release of iOS 11, including AirPlay 2 and Apple Pay Cash.

Apple's iOS 11.1 is likely to arrive around the time that the iPhone X, ships to customers on Nov. 3.

Apple last updated macOS High Sierra on Oct. 6 with a supplemental release designed to patch critical Disk Utility and Keychain vulnerabilities. The update also fixed a mail deletion issue in Mail and a graphical bug seen when using Adobe InDesign.

Apple's next-generation Mac operating system debuted in September with marquee features like the new Apple File System (APFS), support for Metal 2 graphics, H.265 integration, an improved Safari experience and more.

Update: Apple has also released public versions of the beta software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    Who gives crap which beta arrived other than developers. Users want to see end result, final release they can download and use it.
    kestralcornchip
  • Reply 2 of 13
    Thank you for keeping us Beta users informed.
    macseekersansequality72521netmage
  • Reply 3 of 13
    wood1208 said:
    Who gives crap which beta arrived other than developers. Users want to see end result, final release they can download and use it.
    Developer betas typically become public betas within hours, and in rare exceptions no more than a day, so anyone who signed up as a public beta tester would certainly care.

Additionally, the update frequency is often indicative of how close to finished that the final release is, and you, yourself stated you want to see final releases you can use. This gives you a way to derive a soft profile of how soon that final release will be available.
    edited October 2017 cornchipnetmage
  • Reply 4 of 13
    FWIW - and I can't speak for anyone else, but on my 6S the B4 download was 1.48GB, the B5 is only 32.9MB.
    netmage
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Is it me or are they pushing out betas too quickly? How are they fixing the bugs from the previous beta so fast?
  • Reply 6 of 13
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    wood1208 said:
    Hmm yeah because it's not like there are devs here or anything. rolleyes
    fastasleeplongpathcornchipnetmage
  • Reply 7 of 13
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member

jr7921 said:
    Is it me or are they pushing out betas too quickly? How are they fixing the bugs from the previous beta so fast?
    It's just you. Betas are releases which fix a certain number of issues, and not necessarily any/all issues from a directly-previous release. It's not uncommon to schedule items across several future release points. For example there are devs working on 11.1 features independently of devs working on smaller point release items. 
    netmage
  • Reply 8 of 13
    thewbthewb Posts: 79member
    It's quick because work on the next beta is already underway even as this one is going out. They don't stop working until they get feedback from the latest beta, and the latest beta does not fix all of the bugs that are waiting to be fixed.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    I really hope it addresses the battery drain issues with the 11.0.3 update.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    wood1208 said:
    Raise your hand if you have a developer account. /raises hand
    edited October 2017 longpath
  • Reply 11 of 13
    sanssans Posts: 58member
    wood1208 said:
    News you can't use doesn't make it any less news.

longpathmdwychoffnetmage
  • Reply 12 of 13
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    wood1208 said:
    On the other hand I don't give a crap what you think.  ;)
    longpathnetmage
  • Reply 13 of 13
    wood1208 said:
    Me. 
    2stepbaynetmage