Apple stores will have iPhone X launch units for walk-in customers -- but arrive early

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2017
Apple on Tuesday revealed that it will have limited inventory of the iPhone X available for walk-in customers the day of its Nov. 3 release. However, the company added that prospective buyers are "encouraged to arrive early," as availability will be limited.

The iPhone X launches in more than 55 countries and territories on Nov. 3, where it will be available in Apple retail stores starting at 8 a.m. local time. Preorders start this Friday, Oct. 27, at 12:01 a.m. Pacific, 3:01 a.m. Eastern.

In a newsroom post published on Tuesday, Apple revealed that some iPhone X units will be available for walk-in customers on launch day. But given repeated reports that inventory will be limited, it's not likely that the revamped headset will be available in great quantities.

The company also detailed pricing for the handset, which starts at $999 but can be had for monthly payments for $49.91 through the iPhone Upgrade Program, which includes AppleCare+. Apple is also offering customers the ability to trade in an eligible smartphone for up to $375 in credit.

Preorders for the iPhone X begin Friday in the following countries ahead of the Nov. 3 launch: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Japan, Jersey, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UAE, the U.K., the U.S. and U.S. Virgin Islands.

Apple will also offer leather and silicone cases for the iPhone X in a range of colors starting at $39. A new iPhone X Leather Folio is available for $99.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    So iPhone X is a plot to recreate long lines?
    cornchipgatorguy
  • Reply 2 of 9
    tzeshan said:
    Not long. Short lines. 
    cornchip
  • Reply 3 of 9
    tzeshan said:
    If Apple wants long lines they will simply disable online ordering. 
  • Reply 4 of 9
    jdb8167jdb8167 Posts: 626member
    People are probably lining up right now. No thanks.
    DavidAlGregorycornchip
  • Reply 5 of 9
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,931member
    Anyone want to take bets on how long the lines are/how soon the first person shows up with a sleeping bag?
  • Reply 6 of 9
    sergiozsergioz Posts: 338member
    As always they are fearmongering, I am sure Apple will have enough for the first wave for costumers that are willing to spend 1K on the phone. I am sure those of you that can't get one on the first try, will manage. I doubt you'll be waiting for months before you can have one!
    edited October 2017 electrosoft
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Camp outside tonight and buy all the Xs you can get credit for!  I thinking about maximizing my credit cards, line of credit and my second mortgage loan to buy 70 iPhone Xs with 256GB.  Easily make $50K!
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 8 of 9
    sergioz said:
    As always they are fearmongering, I am sure Apple will have enough for the first wave for costumers that are willing to spend 1K on the phone. I am sure those of you that can't get one on the first try, will manage. I doubt you'll be waiting for months before you can have one!
    According to the iPhone analyst, the X will finally have enough supply in March of 2021!  That is over 3 years where demand will outstrip supply!  
  • Reply 9 of 9
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Wanna bet how fast it's going to be in eBay and how much more expensive it is?