Apple's iPhone X goes up for preorder online [update: launch units sold out]

Comments

• Reply 21 of 113
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Silver 256GB ordered for 3 November here in Sydney. In store pick-up at lunchtime. Will try and give some early impressions for the benefit of those in later timezones.
    iqatedoargonaut
  • Reply 22 of 113
    adonissmuadonissmu Posts: 1,776member
    I was able to secure a Silver 256GB AT&T iPhone X for in store pick up at 8am 11/3.
  • Reply 23 of 113
    Ordered 256GB Silver right at 2:09 am CDT.
    Pretty streamlined process, glad I stepped through the web page yesterday to practice and save as favorite.
    Got order process in email already.
    argonaut
  • Reply 24 of 113
    jnoeljnoel Posts: 19member
    I’m part of the iPhone upgrade program and did the pre-approval a few days ago. 

I think it was maybe two taps and a finger scan after opening the app and phone was ordered. Silver 256GB, delivering 11/3. 
    sockrolidStrangeDaysequality72521patchythepirateargonaut
  • Reply 25 of 113
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    Oddly, Safari on iMac got through a few minutes before the Apple Store app.  Roughly 12:10am PST.

I ended up getting a "reservation" instead of an actual pre-order.  (Signed up for the Update Program too.)
    The full pre-order transaction didn't complete because Apple couldn't contact F-ING AT&T's servers.
    As Jdgaz said, I'll be getting an email from Apple when they do get through.
    I'll have 24 hours after the email is sent to complete the pre-order.
    Hopefully my "spot in line" will be preserved.  I "reserved" my iPhone at about 12:10.
    edited October 2017 bluefire1pscooter63
  • Reply 26 of 113
    rgh71rgh71 Posts: 125member
    T-Mobile (which seems to be unlocked with T-Mobile SIM this year) right from the get go gave 2 to 3 week delivery which is BS.  Even a few minutes after I placed my order using my two stored favorites, I could see AT&T and Verizon phones available for pickup in NYC on 3-Nov.  I highly doubt T-Mobile sold out in less than 60 seconds.  Total BS and 2nd class citizen treatment.  I'm really peeved.
  • Reply 27 of 113
    rgh71rgh71 Posts: 125member
    Using Spectrum WiFi in NYC, both my Mac's browser and my iPhone Apple Store app became available at exactly the same time (about 10 minutes past 3:01am).  Did anyone else find they got in faster from NYC?
    adonissmu
  • Reply 28 of 113
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member
    rgh71 said:
    T-Mobile (which seems to be unlocked with T-Mobile SIM this year) right from the get go gave 2 to 3 week delivery which is BS.  Even a few minutes after I placed my order using my two stored favorites, I could see AT&T and Verizon phones available for pickup in NYC on 3-Nov.  I highly doubt T-Mobile sold out in less than 60 seconds.  Total BS and 2nd class citizen treatment.  I'm really peeved.
    I heard that Apple streamlined the process for iPhone owners who are already signed up on the Upgrade Program.
    They were able to pre-authorize themselves for upgrading, and they probably were the first to complete their iPhone X pre-orders.  
    That will be me next year.  :-)  Just like Jnoel.
    edited October 2017 patchythepirate
  • Reply 29 of 113
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,879member
    Opened about 2:05 CST, snagged one by 2:06. Gray, 64gb, Nov 3. IUP, AT&T. 

Used the the app on phone and it took about 5 seconds. Manually killed the app every 30 seconds or so until I got in. 
    edited October 2017 pscooter63
  • Reply 30 of 113
    bshankbshank Posts: 255member
    I was on the app right away, and it was already out to Nov. 10. Did they just not have T-Mobile units ready for Nov. 3?
  • Reply 31 of 113
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Verizon is still showing 11/3 delivery for 64GB Silver as of 12:34am. 
  • Reply 32 of 113
    In the iPhone App I was down for a Nov 3rd delivery but the process got stuck in a loop between Place Order and Save Payment Details screens. All my details were in there and I had actually used them in a 'practice run' and purchased a product the day before. Re-entered a few details but no joy. Had to use a desktop - what up with that?!  Got one coming for Nov 13-20. Could be worse.
    superkloton
  • Reply 33 of 113
    noelosnoelos Posts: 127member
    What a pain. Was so confident the App would be the quickest way to order, I forgot to refresh the website (and yes, I was force closing and reopening the app to force a refresh). Website was available first but by the time I ordered it was blown out to 2-3 weeks. Will give me some time to absorb the reviews and decide whether to keep/cancel.

First time I’ve missed day-1 delivery in years. 
    superkloton
  • Reply 34 of 113
    nasseraenasserae Posts: 3,167member
    I got IUP pre-approval days ago so I had to preorder using the Apple Store app. The Apple Store through app did not open until 12:10 and by then the shipping slipped to 2 to 3 weeks.
  • Reply 35 of 113
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    This sucks. App wasn't coming online, had everything ready there, so had to use the website and lost precious seconds setting up my order. Got Nov 21-28 as delivery date.
  • Reply 36 of 113
    I ordered 256GB Space Gray. ! ….It was a 3:18 AM, Blurry-eyed mess. Had to keep trying and trying starting at 3:01AM. I think I saw Nov 10-17 delivery dates. …not sure. Just clicked as fast as I could. 3:38 AM now. …No email confirmation yet. Going to bed
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 37 of 113
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    dunks said:
    Silver 256GB ordered for 3 November here in Sydney. In store pick-up at lunchtime. Will try and give some early impressions for the benefit of those in later timezones.
    Do you know how the current in-Store setup goes? Back a few years the new one got a bare bones setup from the iCloud backup and everything else had to wait until I got home. 

This is is my first year with the upgrade program so I could have opted for in-Store with an earlier receive date but went with getting at home so I’d have a fully setup phone before turning in my 7 Plus. Wondering if that was unnecessary? Not that a couple of extra weeks is aweful as I don’t hate my 7 Plus...,

Oh: Space Gray X, 256GB
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 38 of 113
    ciacia Posts: 252member
    People seem to forget that the tMobile phones are technically the unlocked phones, so I bought 3 of them for my AT&T account.  They sold out because they are not locked to any carrier.
  • Reply 39 of 113
    Very annoying. The website came up right at 12:01, but the app kept displaying the "We're getting ready for something amazing" (or similar) message until 12:11. I was force-quitting and reloading the app every five seconds. (I am upgrading using the Apple Upgrade Program, and you have to do that using the app, it won't let you complete the purchase on the website.) Finally at 12:11 the app launched into the store, and it was then super easy — maybe two taps — to place my order. Delivery is quoted as November 17-24. Not the first day delivery I was hoping for, but I'll take it.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 40 of 113
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    cia said:
    People seem to forget that the tMobile phones are technically the unlocked phones, so I bought 3 of them for my AT&T account.  They sold out because they are not locked to any carrier.
    Verizon phones are unlocked as well. 
    mwhite