Apple online store goes down in preparation of iPhone X preorders

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    dcapple said:
    did anyone get email confirmation? went through on my phone via the apple store app but never got an email and don't see anything under orders..wish i took a screenshot
    I got an email confirmation immediately after ordering from the website. However, when I go back to the app, I don't see my order listed there. I don't know if it's supposed to show orders from different sources or only orders from the app. Maybe it will show up there later.

Update: my web order is showing in the app now.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 42 of 51
    bill42bill42 Posts: 131member
    Took me until 3:22 am in NY to get through in all the steps. First store was down until 3:11. Then at&t wouldn’t confirm my carrier. Then Apple Pay thumbprint would get error. Oh the iPhone app never worked for me. Had to use iPad on the App Store web page
  • Reply 43 of 51
    Site is up, Apple Store App is still showing "check back soon" and preorders started 8 minutes ago... Sheesh.
    I entered my Serial Number and IMEI into the web site and it tells me I'm ready to preorder. It says all I have to do is launch the Apple Store App on my phone... except the app keeps showing me "check back soon."

Ten minutes after preorder started, it let me into "Continue", then displays "An error occurred trying to fulfill your request." Over and over.

Keep trying. Within 2 minutes, I was able to get past the prompts to finalize my order and boom. It's done. Delivers Nov 17.

BTW, the app is displaying errors left and right, but I'm sure it's the back-end Store servers that are throwing back errors.
    It is a tad frustrating that ten years into doing this, Apple still...

Oh what the heck. FWP.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    It looks like the Apple Upgrade people may have been pushed back in the queue. Last year, I was able to get in and order for first day pickup, but this time, there was no option and shipping was pushed back a couple of weeks. But perhaps with a severely constrained supply they decided that since we are already bought in, we can wait.

A bit disappointing, especially after implementation of the whole pre-approval process this time. And disappointing to see people after me getting orders in. Not too big a deal though - maybe I’ll go down to the store on release date. 

Ordered a 256GB Space Grey on T-Mobile, probably a pretty popular option.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    "Your iPhone upgrade is pending. 

Check your order status for details about your upgrade."

still no confirmation email or order showing up under my orders, but here's to hoping that what i see above is enough

• Reply 46 of 51
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    elehcdn said:
    It looks like the Apple Upgrade people may have been pushed back in the queue. Last year, I was able to get in and order for first day pickup, but this time, there was no option and shipping was pushed back a couple of weeks. But perhaps with a severely constrained supply they decided that since we are already bought in, we can wait.

A bit disappointing, especially after implementation of the whole pre-approval process this time. And disappointing to see people after me getting orders in. Not too big a deal though - maybe I’ll go down to the store on release date. 

Ordered a 256GB Space Grey on T-Mobile, probably a pretty popular option.
    Nope, it’s just FIFO. I got mine for Nov 3 and am on IUP. 
  • Reply 47 of 51
    Kept trying the app until about 12:02 Pacific, when I realized something was wrong. I got on my desktop and was able to log into the website close to 8 minutes after that. I tried the app again, got a ways with the order and then an error. I moved onto the desktop web browser and got further - by that time orders were promised 2-3 weeks later, it broke down during the link to AT&T - I tried that 3 times, third time was a charm. Got an error with Apple ID multiple times and ended up purchasing off my Amex. It was always going to be difficult, the iOS Apple Store app failed me this time (always worked fine before on nights like these). I figured going in that if I could get an X in November I was doing well, and I think I've done that. For all the talk of only 2-3 million units, at the time of writing, almost an hour after the store opened, delivery dates are still 4-5 weeks which seems pretty good for a constrained supply.
  • Reply 48 of 51
    delivery dates are still 4-5 weeks which seems pretty good for a constrained supply.
    Or weak demand??  There's still plenty of stock everywhere.
  • Reply 49 of 51
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    Store just came up in the UK for me. Price matches dollars, unsurprisingly. 
    Apple has always price gouged their UK customers, it's just one of those things.
  • Reply 50 of 51
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    dcapple said:
    "Your iPhone upgrade is pending. 

Check your order status for details about your upgrade."

still no confirmation email or order showing up under my orders, but here's to hoping that what i see above is enough

That’s the message I see. Figure given the traffic that’s to be expected. 
  • Reply 51 of 51
    saarek said:
    Store just came up in the UK for me. Price matches dollars, unsurprisingly. 
    Apple has always price gouged their UK customers, it's just one of those things.
    Sheesh. Cue the same old same old whine.

Your taxes are higher. Your retailing costs (e.g., store space, labor costs, logistics cost) are higher. Your regulations (e.g., take-back laws) are more onerous. Your exchange rate fluctuates, and any half-way smart company has to protect against that. Apple's pricing relative to US pricing is no different from that of any other similar manufacturer.
    ronn