Apple's iPhone X goes up for preorder online [update: launch units sold out]

Comments

• Reply 41 of 113
    elehcdnelehcdn Posts: 388member
    sockrolid said:
    rgh71 said:
    T-Mobile (which seems to be unlocked with T-Mobile SIM this year) right from the get go gave 2 to 3 week delivery which is BS.  Even a few minutes after I placed my order using my two stored favorites, I could see AT&T and Verizon phones available for pickup in NYC on 3-Nov.  I highly doubt T-Mobile sold out in less than 60 seconds.  Total BS and 2nd class citizen treatment.  I'm really peeved.
    I heard that Apple streamlined the process for iPhone owners who are already signed up on the Upgrade Program.
    They were able to pre-authorize themselves for upgrading, and they probably were the first to complete their iPhone X pre-orders.  
    That will be me next year.  :-)  Just like Jnoel.
    Nope. I got in about 10 mins after and got a 2-3 week delivery date - no local delivery option at all. Ordered a 256 Space Grey, perhaps that was the most popular model. Pre-approval seemed like a good idea but I wonder if I could have chosen another model delivering earlier if I hadn’t pre-locked into my model.
  • Reply 42 of 113
    felix01felix01 Posts: 294member
    I’ve preordered through my carrier’s local store and they assured me their preorders will go in with the first wave, earmarked for individual customers. 

We’ll see.

i’m going to be pissed if Verizon drops the ball because I woke up early and put in a dummy order at 3:29 am EDT and continued right up to purchase before canceling. Delivery time was 2 - 3 weeks which didn’t seem bad 30 minutes after launch. I think the shortage has been overblown.
  • Reply 43 of 113
    Sprint's website is terrible. Tried through Best Buy, but it says I'm not eligible to upgrade. Sprint was showing I was clear up to 2AM EST. If I don't get any headway by 4:00AM, I'm going to bed, and skipping out until next year. I'll have to live with my 8 Plus. 
  • Reply 44 of 113
    bluefire1 said:
    I got a registration number with Apple needing to contact my carrier. They reserved an iPhone for me, but I'll be getting an email from them telling me how to complete my order and return the link, which I have to do within 24 hours of receiving their email. Then I should be set for delivery on 11/3.
    Yeah I got the same, even though I selected full payment. Thats a first for me. Did not happen last year.
  • Reply 45 of 113
    The Apple Upgrade Program and pre approval made the transaction quick and simple.  What a breeze. 
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 46 of 113
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    sockrolid said:
    rgh71 said:
    T-Mobile (which seems to be unlocked with T-Mobile SIM this year) right from the get go gave 2 to 3 week delivery which is BS.  Even a few minutes after I placed my order using my two stored favorites, I could see AT&T and Verizon phones available for pickup in NYC on 3-Nov.  I highly doubt T-Mobile sold out in less than 60 seconds.  Total BS and 2nd class citizen treatment.  I'm really peeved.
    I heard that Apple streamlined the process for iPhone owners who are already signed up on the Upgrade Program.
    They were able to pre-authorize themselves for upgrading, and they probably were the first to complete their iPhone X pre-orders.  
    That will be me next year.  :-)  Just like Jnoel.
    All that did was set up the order: I still had to get in the store and click a couple of buttons once the witching hour arrived, which was closer to 3:20 than 3:01. The pre-approval doesn’t come with an early place in line. But it was simple. 
  • Reply 47 of 113
    Fu k I forgot to change the zip code with ATT and it effed up my order. Apple gave me a reservation number. Will I lose my spot in the queue?
  • Reply 48 of 113
    I reside here in Southern California and both the Apple Store app and Apple website didn’t come live here until 12:09 AM PT. I had an initial date of Nov 3, but hit the back button to verify something, and the few seconds that passed, I got bumped to a Nov 17-24 date when attempting to pay for space gray 64gb.
  • Reply 49 of 113
    I started launching, quitting via multitask and relaunching Apple store app on iPad. At 3:02 ET, I grabbed my iphone and finally got updated page at 3:03. Zipped through, but I wish they’d do the agree buttons as a pop up, instead of having to scroll down while freaking out that it was taking too long. But I got my order placed for launch day. 256GB Silver. There’s still launch day models for Sprint, though!
    bloggerblog
  • Reply 50 of 113
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,301member
    sockrolid said:
    Oddly, Safari on iMac got through a few minutes before the Apple Store app.  Roughly 12:10am PST.

I ended up getting a "reservation" instead of an actual pre-order.  (Signed up for the Update Program too.)
    The full pre-order transaction didn't complete because Apple couldn't contact F-ING AT&T's servers.
    As Jdgaz said, I'll be getting an email from Apple when they do get through.
    I'll have 24 hours after the email is sent to complete the pre-order.
    Hopefully my "spot in line" will be preserved.  I "reserved" my iPhone at about 12:10.
    Same with me (Verizon). Our "reservation" preserves an iPhone X for us--just be sure to check for their email. 
  • Reply 51 of 113
    Fu k I forgot to change the zip code with ATT and it effed up my order. Apple gave me a reservation number. Will I lose my spot in the queue?
    no
  • Reply 52 of 113
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    Xfinity website doesn’t do shits when I submitted my order...keep waiting for it to send order...like 45 mon...what a fcking joke!
  • Reply 53 of 113
    bluefire1 said:
    sockrolid said:
    Oddly, Safari on iMac got through a few minutes before the Apple Store app.  Roughly 12:10am PST.

I ended up getting a "reservation" instead of an actual pre-order.  (Signed up for the Update Program too.)
    The full pre-order transaction didn't complete because Apple couldn't contact F-ING AT&T's servers.
    As Jdgaz said, I'll be getting an email from Apple when they do get through.
    I'll have 24 hours after the email is sent to complete the pre-order.
    Hopefully my "spot in line" will be preserved.  I "reserved" my iPhone at about 12:10.
    Same with me (Verizon). Our "reservation" preserves an iPhone X for us--just be sure to check for their email. 
    ATT is fuking worst
  • Reply 54 of 113
    After the talk about limited supply and production issues, I was thinking I just wanted the new phone by the end of the year (I still have an iPhone 6 and I've been coveting the water resistant design since the iPhone 7). So I'm quite pleased to have snagged one for Nov. 3 delivery! I'm curious to see what will happen with delivery times in the coming days when "regular people" and not just us hard core fans start placing orders.   ;)
    edited October 2017 equality72521
  • Reply 55 of 113
    payecopayeco Posts: 580member
    rgh71 said:
    Using Spectrum WiFi in NYC, both my Mac's browser and my iPhone Apple Store app became available at exactly the same time (about 10 minutes past 3:01am).  Did anyone else find they got in faster from NYC?
    NYC here also. I’m on FiOS. I finally opened up for me at about 3:07am. I’m on the upgrade program and already had my pre-selection so I just had to order. I’m with T-Mobile and the delivery was already 2-3 weeks which sucks. My wife decided last minute tonight that she wanted to upgrade from her 7, she’s also on the upgrade program, but by that point the store was already down so she couldn’t pre-select. Citizens Bank servers must be getting hammered because it said it couldn’t process her application at that time. Was still quoting 2-3 weeks when I submitted the order for her so we’ll see if she still gets that delivery window once the applications also go through.

I ordered my Product RED silicone case like I do every year and they quoted me a delivery date of the 31st. I’m going to be pissed if I have to have that case sitting there mocking me for 3 weeks before the actual phone gets here.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 56 of 113
    aegeanaegean Posts: 164member
    App Store was back online at 3:05 EDT not 3:01. It looks like some VIP folks were given priority. But anyways, thankfully I was able to grab one 256gb space grey, unlocked, arriving on 3rd November. Placed another order right after and that one is arriving in 2-3 weeks. Hell C$1,727 for a phone.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 57 of 113
    Was a little frustrating... was in straight away in the App, got through everything fast until hitting 'place order'... which failed several times. It just wasn't doing anything. So had to go onto the desktop to place a new order which is now delayed a few weeks. Ah well.
  • Reply 58 of 113
    It was BS in the US. The iOS app didn't open until 2:16 cdt, while apple.com didn't open until 2:11 cdt. I went through apple.com because the iOS app wasn't working. First thing it said was shipping 2-3 weeks. My shipping says November 17th to November 27th. I was steadily refreshing from 1:56 cdt until it opened at 2:11am cdt. I have a store just 10 min from my house. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because the store didn't open until 10 minutes after it was supposed to. Apple never gets it right. 
    UPDATE:
     I went to MyAtt app at 3:34am cdt and placed the same upgrade order and shipping was shown as November 2nd to November 10th. If confirmed on shipping, I will be canceling my Apple order. I hope it works out that way. LOL
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 59 of 113
    LenardH said:
    no

I really hope so  :#
  • Reply 60 of 113
    I used the my att app and it went live about 10 minutes before 2pm ct. I went pretty fast space gray 64gb 
    nov 3rd delivery date on ck my order status but no e-mail yet. 
    edited October 2017