Apple sells out of launch day iPhone X supply in matter of minutes

Comments

• Reply 21 of 129
    Silver 256g Nov 3rd delivery. Verizon app was flawless during ordering process. In and out in 25 seconds. 
    Solifreshmakerwatto_cobraairmanchairman
  • Reply 22 of 129
    Apple really screwed up this morning. It sold out in minutes which would be fine if everyone got a fair chance, but the Apple Store wasn't available in my country until 5 minutes after it should have been. By the time it went out of maintenance mode delivery dates had already slipped to 20-27 november. 
  • Reply 23 of 129
    OK, now that we've got shipping dates for our phones, anyone have iPhone X cover suggestions (beyond the ones listed on Apple's website)?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 129
    aaargh! said:
    Apple really screwed up this morning. It sold out in minutes which would be fine if everyone got a fair chance, but the Apple Store wasn't available in my country until 5 minutes after it should have been. By the time it went out of maintenance mode delivery dates had already slipped to 20-27 november. 
    Where do you live? 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 129
    I ordered mine (Silver/256GB) from a carrier (I'm switching my phone service to them, but my iPad is already with them). The website was falling apart so it was for Launch Day when I started, but by the time I was able to get the order completed it was something like 3-5 weeks. I'm not overly concerned though. I've had the new phone on launch day several times, and my current phone is only a bit over a year old so it'll happily keep me going. I don't mind waiting a bit longer, I'm sure it's worth the wait.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 129
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    elvys said:
    Mine got pushed 3-4 weeks too. I feel so disappointed that I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and don't buy it at all.
    Seriously? How childish can people be? You've waited months and months (some people 2yrs) to be able to get a phone....what difference does it make if you get in 2-3 weeks or 5-6 weeks?

"I want the golden goose, and I want the golden goose nowwwwww!"
    king editor the grateStrangeDayscalimike egglestonmagman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 129
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member

Jordanf1 said:
    Scalping has begun on eBay AU lol 
    And stupid people would pay double just to get it a few days before others...
    caliwatto_cobraJordanf1
  • Reply 28 of 129
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,286member
    elvys said:
    Mine got pushed 3-4 weeks too. I feel so disappointed that I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and don't buy it at all.
    Please do. Free one up for somebody else.
    brucemcking editor the grateStrangeDaysmagman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 129
    This is a huge exaggeration. Nov 3 delivery was available well after 40 minutes of launch for many. Besides my personal checking, you can review comments in 9to5Mac to confirm that it took at minimum an hour for those times to be pushed. This is a BS piece which I’ve been seen more and more on this site.
  • Reply 30 of 129
    This is a huge exaggeration. Nov 3 delivery was available well after 40 minutes of launch for many. Besides my personal checking, you can review comments in 9to5Mac to confirm that it took at minimum an hour for those times to be pushed. This is a BS piece which I’ve been seen more and more on this site.
    Go read the 'Apple Store Down' story prior to ordering time, and people's real time comments at ordering time. Then, go away. 
    edited October 2017 StrangeDayscaliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 129
    Am a bit concerned, ordered right on the spot but no emails come in.  Only solace is that when I try to order again this AM it says I can't order another, so thinking all is good.  Said 2-3 weeks, ordered moments after it opened so suspect that is the soonest.  Did anyone get a receipt that said Nov 3?
  • Reply 32 of 129
    I got one of the Nov 3 deliveries on a white 256GB but I was locked and loaded for the moment.  I had created a favorites order (thanks AI for that tip) in both colors (256GB) on the Apple Store app on my phone and I had the ATT site loaded into Safari on my mac.  At exactly the top of the hour, the ATT website went live, I logged in, which took all of 5 seconds and there was already a 6 minute wait, but it said that my place in line was being held.  Then I started trying to get into the Apple Store app on my iPhone.  It was about 3 minutes after the hour when it finally went live and I immediately went into my favorites and hit the continue button on my previously initiated order.  The order processing, including the handshake with ATT, went thru like greased lightning.   I had the order completed and confirmed well before my place in the queue at ATT came around.  To be honest, my expectations were that I would be lucky to get my X by the end of the year, so snagging a day one delivery was VERY nice.  
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 33 of 129
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    This is why I'm waiting until early next year.   I figure it will be February before I can walk into a store and buy one.  
  • Reply 34 of 129
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Also, I called it:  Apple was slammed for weak demand on the 8.  We al knew it was coming for the X.  Now that it has (and possibly even stronger than we thought), the headline at Bloomberg (et al) will be "Apple Having Supply Crisis."   

cali
  • Reply 35 of 129
    I'm in Stuttgart - Germany. Was refreshing the Store page and the Apple Store App on my iPhone since 8:55 am every 15 seconds. (official launch time for us 9:01 am).
    1. Shop only came online around 9:08 am (PC), on phone was still not available until a minute later;
    2. Took me less than 30 seconds to place my order (Space Grey, 256 GB) and just by selecting the model it was already showing it with 2-3 Weeks, delivery date between 21 and 28 November.
    So I fully agree with some users here saying that the release was "unfair". Some say they still had 3 Nov. availability 40 min after the store started, while I did not have them just 15 seconds after the store was made available for me.
    Clearly not all markets/regions are treated the same.

• Reply 36 of 129
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    JFC_PA said:
    Doomed. 

But mine’s coming!  B)

Should be a nice b-day present + or -
    Well, either doomed or the reports about production problems were true.
  • Reply 37 of 129
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    macxpress said:
    elvys said:
    Seriously? How childish can people be? You've waited months and months (some people 2yrs) to be able to get a phone....what difference does it make if you get in 2-3 weeks or 5-6 weeks?

"I want the golden goose, and I want the golden goose nowwwwww!”
    Always be skeptical about a first post. Could be someone just stirring the pot.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 129
    Curious what the stock does today. Microsoft, Google, Amazon and Intel all reported yesterday and all of those stocks are up big pre-market. Does Apple ride that wave with X being sold out. Or does Wall Street assume there was little supply and not be surprised X is sold out?
  • Reply 39 of 129
    aaargh! said:

Exactly what happened to me in Germany. Store up around 7-8 min after the official launch time.
  • Reply 40 of 129
    seanmcclaffertyseanmcclafferty Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    chadbag said:
    Having recently switched from AT&T to T-mobile, I ordered from the T-mobile website as I wanted their interest free installment payments and also their trade in promotion.    The first 10-15 minutes were awful.  All sorts of hangs and 'OOPS we're sorry' messages. Then it started to mostly go through but the iPhone X would never show as an 'upgrade' option.  Just the 8 and 7 series.  I kept trying and about 80 minutes after start the iPhone X showed up in the list.  I placed an order for a silver 256gb for  the wife and they claimed it would ship 11/02--11/03.   We'll see.   I don't believe it.  

Incidentally I checked the Apple Store around 20 minutes past start and the T-mobile silver 256gb iPhone X was listed at 2-3 weeks estimate, which surprised me as I expected  1-2 months by then.   
    I had the same issues with glitches on the site. Eventually was able to order with a promised ship date of 11/2-3. But then this morning, I received a text from T-mo saying supply was severely limited and no shipping estimate is currently available. It suggests checking the site for order status and delivery estimate update. When I do so, it says 11/2-3. Curious to know if you got that same text this am.