Apple's iPhone X goes up for preorder online [update: launch units sold out]

Comments

• Reply 81 of 113
    First, the 256GB costs $1149 USD

Second, most of you guys errors with the site not loading in a timely manner are most likely DNS server errors. I updated my DNS servers to point to the Open google servers which are very fast and refresh very quickly. 

Oh, and I got a silver 256G, Nov. 3rd delivery. 

edited October 2017
  • Reply 82 of 113
    sirozhasirozha Posts: 801member
    This entire thread is a giant first-world problem. It’s so pathetic to read these posts that I can’t help but think that we are really heading for hell in a hand basket. Especially reading the post of a dude lamenting that he would have to live with his iPhone 8 (!) for a few extra weeks because his iPhone X delivery was delayed by two weeks. 

It’s so sad that we arrived at an era when the life boils down to getting up in the middle of the night to snatch a new gadget that costs over a grand. Can’t get any more shallow. Pathetic!
    muthuk_vanalingamStrangeDaysmacplusplusmacky the mackylarryjw
  • Reply 83 of 113
    The website and app didn’t go online until 3:14 ET and delivery was already at Nov 17-24 the moment it went live. Wow! Looking forward to sending my old phone to pasture.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 84 of 113
    rgh71rgh71 Posts: 125member
    sirozha said:
    This entire thread is a giant first-world problem. It’s so pathetic to read these posts that I can’t help but think that we are really heading for hell in a hand basket. Especially reading the post of a dude lamenting that he would have to live with his iPhone 8 (!) for a few extra weeks because his iPhone X delivery was delayed by two weeks. 

It’s so sad that we arrived at an era when the life boils down to getting up in the middle of the night to snatch a new gadget that costs over a grand. Can’t get any more shallow. Pathetic!
    Chill dude it’s once a year.  What do you do all 365 that’s more useful than what us Apple fans do?  Beaides, we’re saving more time over the rest of the populace using the fastest phones on earth every year.
    JFC_PAbigbillygoatgruffkingofsomewherehot
  • Reply 85 of 113
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    sirozha said:

Right on!

You would honestly think that on a site called FixTheWorldInsider.com that people would have better things to do than going on about Apple prod—wait, the site’s called what??
    netmagekingofsomewherehot
  • Reply 86 of 113
    sirozha said:

That's exactly the type of comment I would expect from somebody who is bitter about not getting an iPhone X on 3 Nov. 
    netmagekingofsomewherehotJFC_PA
  • Reply 87 of 113
    Fu k I forgot to change the zip code with ATT and it effed up my order. Apple gave me a reservation number. Will I lose my spot in the queue?
    Wow I’m sorry for your last. 
  • Reply 88 of 113
    I get the moron award...thinking it was tonight....;-(....mine (256 Black) won't show up until second week of December....:-(
  • Reply 89 of 113
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    rgh71 said:
    JFC_PA said:
    siretman said:
    Finally got my email and the account says I have the order but still waiting for my wife’s email. 
    Still waiting on that. Ah well. I’ll check back later today. Yawn. 
    I have to say I got my confirmation email with order number less than a minute after placing my order.  Can anyone confirm if T-Mobile phones were offered for in-store pickup at all?  I suspect the 2-3 week shipping was all they offered since it seemed like I was on early and ordered my "favorites" within < 60 seconds.
    It says my upgrade program order is being processed so I won’t panic yet. And it’s not like I **hate** my 7 Plus. Heck my new Vaja case won’t ship until December....
  • Reply 90 of 113
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    rgh71 said:
    JFC_PA said:
    siretman said:
    Finally got my email and the account says I have the order but still waiting for my wife’s email. 
    Still waiting on that. Ah well. I’ll check back later today. Yawn. 
    I have to say I got my confirmation email with order number less than a minute after placing my order.  Can anyone confirm if T-Mobile phones were offered for in-store pickup at all?  I suspect the 2-3 week shipping was all they offered since it seemed like I was on early and ordered my "favorites" within < 60 seconds.
    Ah, I just got the loan approval notice. I expect the Bank processing (despite my doing the pre-approval) is what’s delayed the confirmations email. 

So many moving parts. 
  • Reply 91 of 113
    seanmcclaffertyseanmcclafferty Posts: 2unconfirmed, member
    I ordered from T-mobile right at 3 am. After some hiccups, got my device with an estimated delivery of November 2-3. Now, six hours later, just got a text message from T-mo that says "Supply is very limited and no shipping estimate is available for your order..." and suggests checking the site for order status and delivery updates. But when I do so, the estimate is still listed as November 2-3.

Anyone else have this experience? Curious if they just pushed that text message to everyone, regardless of the promised delivery date at purchase...or if this really means the dates they promised aren't real.
  • Reply 92 of 113
    I used the Apple Store App, preloaded with orders for both colors.  I had the ATT website up and running in Safari on my mac as my fallback.  ATT went live at exactly top of hour and within the few seconds it took 1Password to load my credentials and the login to occur there was already a 6 minute wait in queue.  I immediately started trying to get into the Apple Store app which finally went live about 3 minutes after the hour.  My favorites were there, I clicked on the white and the order sailed thru, including the handshake with ATT.  Got a Nov 3 delivery and a confirmation!  I really did not think I had any chance at a day 1 delivery so I am a very happy camper.   Don't know exactly when Apple locked a reservation into their system, but I did use Apple Pay which sped things along nicely.  I had completed my order via the Apple Store before my place in the ATT queue came up.  I was amazed at how well the entire process worked this year!
    kingofsomewherehot
  • Reply 93 of 113
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,881member
    Xcution said:
    Eff apple. I had everything in favorite and it got deleted. When i clicked it had avail in store on check out delivery. FML. Cancelled order.
    so you’d rather not have one at all than wait a few weeks? riiiight. 
    JFC_PApscooter63
  • Reply 94 of 113
    sirozha said:

Sad? I call it progress. I prefer having first world problems to the alternative.
    robin huberkingofsomewherehotJFC_PApscooter63
  • Reply 95 of 113
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    sirozha said:

Umm, you do know that this is an Apple enthusiast site that's totally dedicated to riding the waves that are generated with everything related to Apple, good, bad, and indifferent. There is very little in here that tries to be held up as a statement about "life." Life in all its gore, glory, pleasure, and pain goes on all around us everyday - and there are a multitude of sites that dispense limitless "life" stories with great regularity, and with various filters applied I might add. This isn't one of them. This site is just a little cubby hole in cyberspace where Apple fans, and a few lost foes, can escape from the realities of everyday life for a few minutes a day to share, discuss, and indulge our feelings about some shiny and cool gadgets that usually inspire and sometimes frustrate us. Yes, life happens and we live it, but there's still room in life for diversions, celebrations, and the occasional unbridled Apple consumerism.
    SpamSandwichnetmagekingofsomewherehotmuthuk_vanalingamStrangeDaysmacky the macky
  • Reply 96 of 113
    sirozha said:

Why do you even post here, clucking hen?
    appleinsiderfanboltsfan17netmagekingofsomewherehot
  • Reply 97 of 113
    SendMcjakSendMcjak Posts: 66unconfirmed, member
    My buddy hit issues with the pre-approval part at 3:05a ... was super pissed ... ordered through AT&T's website at 7:40a and got a Silver 64GB delivering 3 November.

Granted, I'll believe the 3 Nov when he's holding his iPhone X, but what a glitch in the matrix (in his favor)!
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 98 of 113
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    sirozha said:

Why do you even post here, clucking hen?
    He makes a salient point. Lots of people crying about how they won't get an iPhone on 03 Nov, many of which are claiming that they don't want an iPhone X at all now that they won't be able to get it on the first day. 
    muthuk_vanalingam
  • Reply 99 of 113
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    No one wants Silver! 😃

I was ready with the App and it came up at 3:02am and my favorites went through easily, but I have a 7 on two year AT&T Next, so I couldn't order and didn't get the option to use Next against another line. I wanted to put this on two year Next but couldn't and it wouldn't let me order on Apple two year either without paying my AT&T balance off first (!).

I opened the AT&T app opened and it said in queue, 16 minute wait which took more like 45 minutes, upgraded another line (I'll just switch SIMs instead) and was able to order but it wouldn't finish. After about ten minutes went back to the cart and clicked checkout and it went through and I have an email with Nov 3 delivery. I ordered 64GB, maybe that isn't as popular for the X as 256GB? Given the price I would have thought the opposite.

Since I hand down phones around a lot between family members, wish the option to order against another line they had a few years ago was still there.
  • Reply 100 of 113
    sirozha said:

Buzz kill.