• Reply 41 of 129
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    JFC_PA said:
    Doomed. 

But mine’s coming!  B)

Should be a nice b-day present + or -
    B-day ± 183 days. :smile: 

elvys said:
    Mine got pushed 3-4 weeks too. I feel so disappointed that I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and don't buy it at all.
    :eyeroll: Unless your doctor gave you a month to live your comment is ridiculous.

Who would have guessed?
    Everyone since all the rumors pointed to severely constrained supply and the launch is in like 55 countries.
    Wow! I didn't realize that their initial launch was in so many countries. 
    edited October 2017 king editor the grateanantksundaramcalimagman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 42 of 129
    LukeCage said:
    aaargh! said:
    Apple really screwed up this morning. It sold out in minutes which would be fine if everyone got a fair chance, but the Apple Store wasn't available in my country until 5 minutes after it should have been. By the time it went out of maintenance mode delivery dates had already slipped to 20-27 november. 
    Where do you live? 
    The Netherlands. The store didn't open up until 9:06
  • Reply 43 of 129
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,876member
    elvys said:
    Mine got pushed 3-4 weeks too. I feel so disappointed that I'm seriously considering cancelling my order and don't buy it at all.
    Such a nonsense claim. 
    calimagman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 44 of 129
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Apple should have waited to build up more supply...

...and they should have been ready 2 months ago...
  • Reply 45 of 129
    macxpress said:
    elvys said:
    Seriously? How childish can people be? You've waited months and months (some people 2yrs) to be able to get a phone....what difference does it make if you get in 2-3 weeks or 5-6 weeks?
    What difference does it make ? Well, it makes the phone a lot more expensive for one. The 6 week delay from the normal launch already did that already did that of course..

A little maths:

There are 52 weeks between iPhone launches, if the iPhone launched on the same day as the 8, you would pay $1000 for 52 weeks of iPhone X usage before you have to replace it with the iPhone Xs, that's  $19.23/week. With the launch for the X pushed back 6 weeks if you get it on nov 3 then it is $1000/46 = $21.74/week. Another 6 weeks delay raises the price further to $25/week. You essentially pay $999 for a phone that will only last you 40 weeks, as opposed to the normal 52. 
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 46 of 129
    aaargh! said:
    Apple really screwed up this morning. It sold out in minutes which would be fine if everyone got a fair chance, but the Apple Store wasn't available in my country until 5 minutes after it should have been. By the time it went out of maintenance mode delivery dates had already slipped to 20-27 november. 
    And I know someone in the US, not far from Cupertino, that didn't have the store showing a Buy option until around 12:10am (UCT/GMT-7:00) so what's this "fair chance" you're taking about? Are you suggesting that Apple is trying to stick it to the Dutch?
    edited October 2017 StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 47 of 129
    It’s a real shame Apple only made a couple hundred of these phones.  /s
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 48 of 129
    felix01 said:
    OK, now that we've got shipping dates for our phones, anyone have iPhone X cover suggestions (beyond the ones listed on Apple's website)?
    Play Freebird, man!
  • Reply 49 of 129
    It will be interesting to see if Apple makes any references to launch sale figures when they have their quarterly earnings call next Thursday.  Analysts are going to want some context going forward.  Right now speculation is all over the place and a sell out at launch is meaningless without knowing if it amounted to 2 million phones or 20 million phones.  We also don't know how many phones Apple held in reserve so they can claim to have "walk-in launch availability" in stores on the 3rd.

I suspect the tepid sales of the iPhone 8 carriers have been reporting will be reflected in another comparative quarter decline in units sold.  They are also reporting a higher percentage of 6s and 7 units sold so average selling price will likely be down too.  Apple will need to say something to give confidence those are just one-time aberrations that will be completely rectified by expected strong sales of the iPhone X in the subsequent quarter with a resulting return to growth overall in FY 2018.
  • Reply 50 of 129
    netmagenetmage Posts: 314member
    I was ready with the App and it came up at 3:02am and my favorites went through easily, but I have a 7 on two year AT&T Next, so I couldn't order and didn't get the option to use Next against another line. I wanted to put this on two year Next but couldn't and it wouldn't let me order on Apple two year either without paying my AT&T balance off first (!).

I opened the AT&T app opened and it said in queue, 16 minute wait which took more like 45 minutes, upgraded another line (I'll just switch SIMs instead) and was able to order but it wouldn't finish. After about ten minutes went back to the cart and clicked checkout and it went through and I have an email with Nov 3 delivery. I ordered 64GB, maybe that isn't as popular for the X as 256GB? Given the price I would have thought the opposite.

Since I hand down phones around a lot between family members, wish the option to order against another line they had a few years ago was still there.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 51 of 129
    Well Apple released a statement to CNBC saying demand for the X is “off the charts” and yet the stock is only up 1%. Meanwhile Amazon is up close to 10% and Google and Microsoft are both up 5% on good earnings calls. And people still claim Apple is valued fairly. What a joke.
    cali
  • Reply 52 of 129
    78Bandit said:
    It will be interesting to see if Apple makes any references to launch sale figures when they have their quarterly earnings call next Thursday.  Analysts are going to want some context going forward.
    I doubt the analysts will get what they want next week in the typical Tim Cook fashion.
  • Reply 53 of 129
    This is a huge exaggeration. Nov 3 delivery was available well after 40 minutes of launch for many. Besides my personal checking, you can review comments in 9to5Mac to confirm that it took at minimum an hour for those times to be pushed. This is a BS piece which I’ve been seen more and more on this site.
    The only BS here is you, troll

Go read the 'Apple Store Down' story prior to ordering time, and people's real time comments at ordering time. Then, go away. 
    I was seeing November 3 - 10 delivery dates on the AT&T website after about an hour or more of waiting in their queue (by that time I'd created an order on the Apple website for 2-3 weeks delivery. Looks like Carrier sites and the Apple website (not app) were the ways to go this time around. 
  • Reply 54 of 129
    This is a huge exaggeration. Nov 3 delivery was available well after 40 minutes of launch for many. Besides my personal checking, you can review comments in 9to5Mac to confirm that it took at minimum an hour for those times to be pushed. This is a BS piece which I’ve been seen more and more on this site.
    The only BS here is you, troll

Go read the 'Apple Store Down' story prior to ordering time, and people's real time comments at ordering time. Then, go away. 
    I was seeing November 3 - 10 delivery dates on the AT&T website after about an hour or more of waiting in their queue (by that time I'd created an order on the Apple website for 2-3 weeks delivery. Looks like Carrier sites and the Apple website (not app) were the ways to go this time around. 
    Yeah, there's no "at x-minutes and y-seconds the delivery date jumped to z-weeks." There are various baseboards, capacities, and colors, not to mention devices for different countries (I think @rogifan_new stated it's launching in 55 countries out of the gate) that have different IOS builds, different box labels, and different PSUs, plus, as you mention, all the ones they've promised to various cellular carriers to sell on their own stores. I can't verify any of the times @TheCodingArt has stated, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think there was some model in some countries with some color for a certain carrier that may have still had one for sale 40 minutes after the hour (UTC/GMT-7:00).
    cali
  • Reply 55 of 129
    Started my failed quest at 3:01 AM EST. After 15 minutes of continued refresh on the app and the webpage, the webpage came up first at 3:15 AM.  Was able to select the space gray phone in 256 configuration. Was able to enter all info and select a pickup time from my local Apple Store on November 3rd. Yea, but when I tried to complete my order, the webpage refreshed on its own and took me back to the initial order page. No confirmation number or email for my order. I tried to go through the same process again and the ship date (no Apple Store pick-up) was mid-December! Luckily, I also logged on to ATT at the same time. Was in a queue for 1 hour. Sigh, however, I was able to select the same phone and get shipping time of Nov 3rd - 10th. Received a text from ATT this AM, saying my phone is ready for shipment. At 5:32 AM today, received an email from Apple stating "There was a problem with your order. Please try again."

Come on Apple, short supply I understand. Bad server response and unable to complete an order due to a problem on your end is unacceptable. 
     :/ 
    cali
  • Reply 56 of 129
    Soli said:
    aaargh! said:
    And I know someone in the US, not far from Cupertino, that didn't have the store showing a Buy option until around 12:10am (UCT/GMT-7:00) so what's this "fair chance" you're taking about? Are you suggesting that Apple is trying to stick it to the Dutch?
    No, I'm saying that Apple screwed up by not opening up all websites globally at the same second. Why was there a 5 minute delay at all ? It should have gone live for everyone on the planet at the exact same time. 
  • Reply 57 of 129
    I tried the Apple Store app right at 3:01am EST just because of the suggestion on AI yesterday of having the order in favorites. When it wasn't working I bailed out to the Verizon store which was ready to go.  Had a 64GB space grey ordered in about 3 minutes and so far it still says Nov. 3. Crossing my fingers that they don't push it back at all.
    cali
  • Reply 58 of 129
    Apple website showing 5-6 weeks for a couple hours now. Hasn’t gone up. I’m going to guess a lot of people get theirs earlier than that. Otherwise people are seeing the long delay and ordering something else or not ordering at all?
  • Reply 59 of 129
    Has anyone gotten the promised email to claim the phone with a reservation number that “has been reserved for you?”

I got two emails this morning and got all excited, but they just turned out to be ads from Apple telling me that phones are available for pre order now. I followed one through thinking at some point that there would be a box where I could fill in my reservation number, but then I remembered the number was just on a screen which disappeared after closing the Apple Store app. Should have taken a screenshot. 
  • Reply 60 of 129
    aaargh! said:
    Soli said:
    aaargh! said:
    No, I'm saying that Apple screwed up by not opening up all websites globally at the same second. Why was there a 5 minute delay at all ? It should have gone live for everyone on the planet at the exact same time. 
    If you understood how the internet works you'd know that "opening up all websites globally at the same second" from the user's perspective is impossible.
    edited October 2017 StrangeDaysmacxpress