Apple updates iPhone X preorders with improved delivery estimates

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    focherfocher Posts: 687member
    Both mine got shifted up from Nov 10th to Nov 3rd. T-Mobile. All good! 
    watto_cobrabshank
  • Reply 22 of 38
    The UK Apple Store is quoting 5-6 weeks now. 

This year is very different to previous launches and it’s possible that the choice of iPhone 8 and iPhone X could reduce initial sales. Just having that choice may put some customers off. Do I want to settle for second best and get an iPhone 8 which isn’t the best iPhone and looks more like an iPhone 7 than an iPhone X, or do I want to pay an eye watering amount for an iPhone X which has some amazing technology but *may* suffer from usability issues due to Face ID and the lack of a home button. I'm not saying it will - it’s just a big unknown until we get serious reviews and feedback from early adopters. 

There’s a well known marketing phenomenon - offer shoppers a choice of 10 free cheese samples and they’ll buy fewer than if you offer them just 2 or 3.  In the past buying a phone or a tablet was simple with just one choice - now the decision is more complex. 

This combined with uncertainty over new features might not reduce overall sales but it could certainly delay them. 

I’m still unsure about the iPhone X. I don’t watch movies on my iPhone 6s. It’s mostly used for mail, messages, web browsing, podcasts, photos and a range of apps. The screen and camera on my 6s are great and Touch ID is near perfect. Apple have set a high bar. Will Face ID really be better, easier, faster? Is the extra screen area worth losing the Home button? I don’t know yet and didn’t rush to place an order. 

I'm fanatical about colour accuracy and deep blacks on my TV and on my projector, but my phone? It’s not such a big deal. Blacks are already black enough for my use cases. 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a huge Apple fan and my new Apple Watch series 3 is a huge leap up from my original Apple Watch. I was first in line for the original iPad, iPhone 4s and many other devices since. For me, Siri was a huge advance and well worth the upgrade from 4 to 4s. The 5s upgrade brought a Touch ID which worked well, and version 2 made it even better. I didn’t lose anything in those upgrades though. Losing something as simple and almost comforting as the Home button with Touch ID is a big step. 

So, I’m looking forward to all the reviews and feedback from the crazy ones who are first in line...
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 23 of 38
    or maybe it's just not selling as well as Apple thought...?
  • Reply 24 of 38
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,336member
    payeco said:
    doggone said:
    Got pre-cleared for the loan with the upgrade program.  Worked out with models we wanted.  All I had to do was wake up at 12AM to order.  Of course forgot to set the alarm!
    Luckily, woke up at 1AM and realized my mistake.  Order placed relatively easily (after a few tries).  Delivery date now Dec 5-11.  
    Hopefully Apple will bump up the dates but I can wait.
    My question is what’s going to happen next year when the new phone isn’t delayed. People that would have preordered in September this year now have to wait another 3 months before they can upgrade because or pay off the remaining three (of 12) monthsApple didn’t have the phone ready in time?
    Wait three months so you have made 12 payments, or pay for the remaining months in September when you want a new phone. I think it's all about 12 payments. Apple will actually allow you to make extra payments and upgrade in 6 months if you want to. 
    bshank
  • Reply 25 of 38
    I ordered a 64gb iPhone x for a Verizon model that originally showed November 10-17. Now showing November 3!
    Soliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 26 of 38
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    jcs2305 said:
    payeco said:
    doggone said:
    Got pre-cleared for the loan with the upgrade program.  Worked out with models we wanted.  All I had to do was wake up at 12AM to order.  Of course forgot to set the alarm!
    Luckily, woke up at 1AM and realized my mistake.  Order placed relatively easily (after a few tries).  Delivery date now Dec 5-11.  
    Hopefully Apple will bump up the dates but I can wait.
    My question is what’s going to happen next year when the new phone isn’t delayed. People that would have preordered in September this year now have to wait another 3 months before they can upgrade because or pay off the remaining three (of 12) monthsApple didn’t have the phone ready in time?
    Wait three months so you have made 12 payments, or pay for the remaining months in September when you want a new phone. I think it's all about 12 payments. Apple will actually allow you to make extra payments and upgrade in 6 months if you want to. 
    Unless they changed the rules, you have to wait 6 months between updating your iPhone and have to have made 12 payments.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 38
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    jd_in_sb said:
    Sounds like analysts blew it. Apple has a plentiful supply. 
    Trolls will put a different spin on it of course. Not selling well so delivery dates sooner. Wait for it.
    magman1979StrangeDaysanantksundaramchiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 38
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    diesel said:
    Right on cue.
    magman1979StrangeDaysanantksundaramchiawatto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 38
    I think it was just Apple making a mistake at launch. No one had received November 3 for T-Mobile through Apple (at least according to the forums). The first batch was really the November 10-17. That simply got updated once a human got in. :)
    watto_cobrabshank
  • Reply 30 of 38
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member
    diesel said:
    Just stop. 
    magman1979chiawatto_cobrabshank
  • Reply 31 of 38
    diesel said:
    Crawl back now... thank you.
    magman1979chiawatto_cobrabshank
  • Reply 32 of 38
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,292member
    diesel said:
    Piss off troll back to the hole you crawled out from!
    watto_cobrabshank
  • Reply 33 of 38
    I finally got my order in about 3:15 EST for a T-mobile silver 256. Got a ship date of the 17-24th and it hasn’t changed. I won’t complain too much though. My Apple Watch Series 3 LTE shipment was pushed up almost 3 weeks. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 38
    "Last week, noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said Apple will likely have 2 to 3 million units on hand for the phone's Nov. 3 debut. By contrast, first weekend sales of iPhone 6 came in at more than 10 million units." Ming Chi Kuo is an idiot.
  • Reply 35 of 38
    Most likely combination of a lot of people double ordered and cancelled one and increased manufacturing. Hoping my Nov 17-24 eventually gets moved up. 
    bshank
  • Reply 36 of 38
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    "Last week, noted analyst Ming-Chi Kuo said Apple will likely have 2 to 3 million units on hand for the phone's Nov. 3 debut. By contrast, first weekend sales of iPhone 6 came in at more than 10 million units." Ming Chi Kuo is an idiot.
    Yes, 2-3 million for a 55 country launch through all distribution channels sounds like some fucker/moron Kuo would claim.

It makes no sense in any way shape or form from a marketing, distribution, manufacturing, whatever point of view but somehow somehow someone will claim he's well

connected and well, he bats .100 in 1000 at bats and thus has marginally more single when other analysts only bat .220 in 400 at bats,
    That he strands hundreds of his shit predictions on base of course is not noticed by anyone.

That's exactly how it is from sling crap at wall and see what sticks Kuo..

80s_Apple_Guy
  • Reply 37 of 38
    bshankbshank Posts: 255member
    Adambomb said:
    Im one of those lucky people, I was up at 1:01AM MST and completed the order by 1:05AM and I was told delivery of 11/10-11/17, but a few hours ago it changed to 11/3 and it was for T-Mobile 256GB version. 
    Exactly what happened to me
  • Reply 38 of 38
    Seems Apple is favoring folks only from USA.. No sign of updates/changes happening to AU region.