'For Sale' Board

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Since many people here are either buying new Macs and looking to sell them, or are people like me who can't afford some of the new Macs, wouldn't it be nice to have a Board for selling computers and peripherals? I think we might feel more comfortable buying from members of this site.............

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    General Discussion seems to handle the small amount of sales traffic that we have had as of yet. If the need arises, we'll implement something.

We're just not getting enough buy/sell traffic to justify a whole forum for it.

Thanks for the input, though!
  • Reply 2 of 8
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    If you want that why don't you just use MacNN's buy/sell forum?
  • Reply 3 of 8
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>If you want that why don't you just use MacNN's buy/sell forum?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Obviously, Ai's buy/sell forum will be for those wishing to acquire/get rid of Future (i.e. prototype) hardware.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by EmAn:

<strong>If you want that why don't you just use MacNN's buy/sell forum?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup. MacNN fulfills our mundane buy/sell needs just fine. AI is only for the special and sophisticated topics. Adding a low-traffic buy/sell forum to AI would be tantamount to sacrilege.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 8

(that's a hammer hitting a nail on the head)

Bravo, Escher.

[ 02-03-2002: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>
  • Reply 6 of 8
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]Yup. MacNN fulfills our mundane buy/sell needs just fine. AI is only for the special and sophisticated topics. Adding a low-traffic buy/sell forum to AI would be tantamount to sacrilege.<hr></blockquote>

I'd much rather sell on AI than the inferior MacNN boards. Since it's now okay to sell in General Discussion (at old AI, they couldn' do Buy/Sell because of fraud risk), could you just add it in the Topic Description? i.e. "General Discussion: For general tech discussion and buying/selling". That would be really nice...I thought about posting my voodoo2 card here but figured it wasn't with AI regs to sell stuff on AI, so I just put it up on eBay.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    steve666steve666 Posts: 2,600member
    I like MacAddicts idea, but MacNN it is for me. I assume it will be better than Ebay.................
  • Reply 8 of 8
    guys, you're entirely entirely permitted to post buy/sell in general discussion. AI/MacNN takes no responsibility though.