Photos, video show off pre-release unboxing of Apple's iPhone X

Posted:
in iPhone
Images and video posted to Twitter on Saturday are said to show units of Apple's iPhone X preparing to ship -- as well as the unboxing of a silver model.

Content from well-known leak source Benjamin Geskin depicts what appears to be dozens of iPhones in their final packaging. This includes close-ups of labeling.

In the unboxing, we see standard Apple inserts and accessories, and both sides of the phone.

It's not clear where the media was shot, or where the iPhones are headed -- one image does show non-English text, however.

Pre-orders of the iPhone X began on Friday, and rapidly evaporated, forcing all but the earliest buyers to wait past the product's Nov. 3 launch date. Most U.S. online orders are now taking 5 to 6 weeks, though Apple is upgrading some estimates.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    One of the images is definitely dummy unit from China, theres no text on the real thing if I recall correctly. No reason for them to do that on the X when the 8 also removed it.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 2 of 14
    I have a feeling it will be a "duhhh-moment" for me once the answer is revealed, but what is the significance of "Tuesday, September 12 at 9:41" as is seen on the box?
  • Reply 3 of 14
    One of the images is definitely dummy unit from China, theres no text on the real thing if I recall correctly. No reason for them to do that on the X when the 8 also removed it.
    Oh yeah!! You made me remember reading somewhere that the FCC logo, serial number, CE logo and model number are supposedly nixed from the new iPhones.  According to the pictures in this posting, all of those bits are nixed indeed.  But I don't recall the nixing of "Designed by Apple in California" and "Assembled in China".  But somehow I thought that would be gone too.  That being said though, the fact that tha FCC logo and serial and CE and model number are gone, does make me feel like these are authentic.

• Reply 4 of 14
    tshapitshapi Posts: 370member
    rrrize said:
    I have a feeling it will be a "duhhh-moment" for me once the answer is revealed, but what is the significance of "Tuesday, September 12 at 9:41" as is seen on the box?
    September 12 was the day of apples pres event. 
  • Reply 5 of 14
    tshapi said:
    rrrize said:

Right. But the event started at 10am Pacific Time.  What is the significance of 9:41?
  • Reply 6 of 14
    rrrize said:
    tshapi said:
    rrrize said:

Right. But the event started at 10am Pacific Time.  What is the significance of 9:41?
    It's (almost) the time the first iPhone was announced. http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-why-the-time-is-always-set-to-941-in-apple-ads-2014-11
    anantksundaramdoozydozenktappe80s_Apple_Guy
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Thanks for sharing that! Great find!
    doozydozen
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Maybe Apple removed the text from models sold in the US, but the iPhone 8 Plus I have from work here in Prague still says "iPhone Designed by Apple in California Assembled in China" along with the CE and no-trash icons. 
    Renderdog
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Hmmm. The photos I’ve seen on Apple’s site don’t show the silver IPhone X with a black Apple logo as seen on the photo in the article. 
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 10 of 14
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Hmmm. The photos I’ve seen on Apple’s site don’t show the silver IPhone X with a black Apple logo as seen on the photo in the article. 
    It could be the angle, but you're correct, it should have a chrome logo, not a black logo.
    appleismymiddlename
  • Reply 11 of 14
    My 8 Plus (US model) has nothing but the Apple logo and "iPhone" on the back. That's is.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Who cares? Just fill my preorder early Apple...please.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Who cares? Just fill my preorder early Apple...please.
    I'm sorry...I took your order. :wink: 
    kingofsomewherehot
  • Reply 14 of 14
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,102member
    "iPhone X" Apple names its iPhone after Mac OS X and names its Mac OS X macOS after the iPhone