Apple iOS 11.1 now available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch with 70 new emoji, other improve...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Fully agree with many of you: The battery drain as a result of the previous software update should have been a priority with 11.1
    Maybe it was. 
    I'll find out after I download the update. Hopefully I'll be smiling. If not, you know which new emoji I'll be using. ;) 
    willcropoint
  • Reply 22 of 38
    smalmsmalm Posts: 677member
    While my iPod and iPad updated without hesitation my iPhone keeps telling me to be up-to-date with 11.0.3 
  • Reply 23 of 38
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    11.1 still hasn't fixed the crackling sound I get when I play solitaire and listen to music at the same time on my iPhone 7. (didn't have the issue with ios10) 

And now when I start to play music and then open solitaire, the music stops...
  • Reply 24 of 38
    AppleInsider staff: can you confirm if KRACK is fixed for all devices or only certain ones?
  • Reply 25 of 38
    my battery issue was a solved when I did a restore via DFU mode. I didn't need to restore my data, it just updated the OS. The data was maintained somehow.
    edited October 2017
  • Reply 26 of 38
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    benji888 said:
    AppleInsider staff: can you confirm if KRACK is fixed for all devices or only certain ones?
    If it can run iOS 11.1, then the KRACK fix is applied with the update.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 38
    I've also noted a significant drop in battery capacity on my 6S. Does anyone know if Apple has even acknowledged that there is a battery drain problem with iOS 11?
  • Reply 28 of 38
    larryalarrya Posts: 606member
    My 6 seems almost usable again. Camera still takes too long to caome online, but I’m no longer outrunning the keyboard and apps seem to open a bit faster. 

• Reply 29 of 38
    benji888 said:
    hmmm...not what some are saying, (I've seen the iOS 11.1 note elsewhere also)... (OWC's blog...xlr8yourmac dot com)

• Reply 30 of 38
    saareksaarek Posts: 1,523member
    No mention of improved battery life on the 6S's, this is the first time I have been stung by an iOS update, really need them to fix the issue.
  • Reply 31 of 38
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    benji888 said:
    benji888 said:
    hmmm...not what some are saying, (I've seen the iOS 11.1 note elsewhere also)... (OWC's blog...xlr8yourmac dot com)

I'm aware of the tech note -- but all I can pass along is what I've been told by my own contacts within the company.

And, as a point of fact -- XLR8yourmac is only heavily sponsored by OWC.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 32 of 38
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Two iOS 11 issues for me that I’m hoping are fixed:

1. When switching between tabs in Safari, text is momentarily blurred (not widely reported).
    2. iPad Air 2 will often not start charging if live Lightning cable plugged in (widely reported).

Edit: Issue 1 not fixed. 
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 33 of 38
    Final build #?
    bump
  • Reply 34 of 38
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    kiowavt said:
    So far the phone seems improved. Was absolute Apple crap before (says this former fan--asleep at the wheel they were with the first release, turned my 6s into a mess).  At least now opening the camera to take photos, get this, it opens!  Somewhat quickly.  Looking forward to and hoping for more responsiveness across the usage.  iOS 11 was the first Apple release to totally disappoint me and throw off the usefulness of my phone. And I am not alone.  My friend posted about it on FB and got a stunning number of responses with the same issues.  

Have the 6s and got no issue at all, and none of my friends on 6s and 7 either, does my anectode beat your anecdote 

there are a billion iOS users so getting a “stunning” response, a minor issue affecting a small minority would get that response

there have been way worse releases when it comes to older devices with more general issues for everyone, in particular iOS 4, 7  and 8
    4 made the 3G unusable and most 3GS slow as sludge thankfully this got fixed completely for the 3GS but the 3g never recovered
    argonautwatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 38
    App switching with left side screen force press is back, baby!
    argonaut
  • Reply 36 of 38
    App switching with left side screen force press is back, baby!
    This was my biggest issue with 11.0.3.  Really pleased it's back and working- Also the camera opens quickly now with sideswipe from lock-screen. Was getting all sorts of glitches with this feature.  Had some Bluetooth issues in my car with album artwork which seem to be fixed now since 11.1.  I've had no problems with battery drain on my 6S.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    icoco3icoco3 Posts: 1,474member
    hentaiboy said:
    Two iOS 11 issues for me that I’m hoping are fixed:

1. When switching between tabs in Safari, text is momentarily blurred (not widely reported).
    2. iPad Air 2 will often not start charging if live Lightning cable plugged in (widely reported).

Edit: Issue 1 not fixed. 
    Only issue I have on my 8+ is in the Music App.  On the Library tab when I select the "Top 25 Most Played" it crashes the Music and and it quits.  Been the same for 11, 1.0.1,...11.1  Anyone else seen that?
  • Reply 38 of 38
    My iOS update included the new emojis, but my update of my Mac OS, Messages app, did not. It's kind of incongruous that I can't use the same emojis on my MacBook Pro as my iPhone.