iPhone X shipment estimates improve, orders expected later in November now arrive in a wee...

Posted:
in iPhone
Multiple sources, including several AppleInsider readers, are reporting that iPhone X deliveries once scheduled to arrive at the end of November have either already shipped, or are in the final phases of the preparatory process and will arrive much sooner than predicted.

Reader Warren ordered a 64GB iPhone X in white, using the iPhone Upgrade Program. In an email, Warren reports that the original arrival estimate was Nov. 17 through Nov. 24.

The reader reported that he received a notification from Apple that his iPhone X has shipped, and will arrive on Nov. 6 -- as opposed to more than two weeks after release day.

AppleInsider reader Richard reports a similar account. Richard's receipt window for an unspecified model of iPhone X was also listed as Nov. 17 through Nov. 24.

However, instead of an update from Apple in an email, the reader reports that the credit card for the order has been charged for the full amount -- which is generally an indication of shipment that day or the next.

David ordered a 256GB Space Gray iPhone X. Receipt was also expected between Nov. 17 to Nov. 24, and an update at 4 a.m. from Apple declared the unit as shipped, with an arrival in two to three business days.

Many reports from orderers on Twitter also note that the order is arriving much sooner than expected.

The reports span configurations, orders from Apple directly, and orders from carriers. The seemingly near-universal earlier deliveries suggest that Apple is in receipt of a large number of phones, possibly earlier than predicted when pre-orders went live on Oct. 27.

Apple's first OLED iPhone X retails for $999 and up. Lines at Apple Retail stores have already formed for what is expected to be a limited supply of the unit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 40
    Just got a nice bump to my delivery date too. Was originally earliest delivery of Dec 5th and now up to Nov 16th. Can’t wait!
  • Reply 2 of 40
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Just goes to show:
    - Apple has no clue what they are doing (it will be 6 weeks...no 4 weeks...no 2 weeks)
    - Demand is actually softer than first reported

Seriously, I give this company 4 years, tops, and you will read about them in the same sentence as Palm, Compaq, Nokia and RIM...
  • Reply 3 of 40
    brucemc said:
    Just goes to show:
    - Apple has no clue what they are doing (it will be 6 weeks...no 4 weeks...no 2 weeks)

Seriously, I give this company 4 years, tops, and you will read about them in the same sentence as Palm, Compaq, Nokia and RIM...
    LOLOL
    JFC_PAmacxpressStrangeDaysmacseekerzroger73watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 40
    JFC_PAJFC_PA Posts: 932member
    On order mine was Nov 17-24, this morning it’s delivery Nov 6. 

Just like Apple. Under promise, over deliver. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 40
    No movement in mine yet, bummer.
  • Reply 6 of 40
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    JFC_PA said:
    On order mine was Nov 17-24, this morning it’s delivery Nov 6. 

Just like Apple. Under promise, over deliver. 
    So would you rather have Apple over promise and under deliver? 
  • Reply 7 of 40
    Mine hasn’t changed. It’s been at Nov 17-24 since I ordered. 
  • Reply 8 of 40
    eideardeideard Posts: 428member
    Woo hoo. Lots of folks with new phones can arrange a phone call timed for sitting around the Thanksgiving table.
  • Reply 9 of 40
    brucemc said:

And Everyone will be So Happy!    …It will Be HUGE !!!. …So Very Very Happy !!. ….BELIEVE ME !!!
    king editor the grateblurpbleepbloop
  • Reply 10 of 40

No luck for me.   My date hasn't changed.

Order In Progress 
     Delivers 17 Nov, 2017 - 24 Nov, 2017 by Standard Shipping

Last updated today at 11:41 AM

• Reply 11 of 40
    Not mine. Which was placed at 1:13 Rocky Mountain time. 😭😭

I was originally trying to do pickup in Boulder but while I was trying to select a pickup location it stalled and said.. “nope 17-24! Peace”

or I imagine it said that. 
  • Reply 12 of 40
    noelosnoelos Posts: 126member
    How frequently do I need to hit refresh on my order to get them to improve the delivery estimate? Is there some sort of dance I can do or spell I can invoke?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 40
    brucemc said:
    Just goes to show:

I guess you forgot to add /s at the end. And people are taking it really seriously, which is weird.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 40
    I’m fairly certain this only relates to customers who are on the iPhone upgrade program which is essentially an interest bearing loan from Apple which makes them even more money. 

“Deadbeat” customers who pay up front for the device are now second class customers. As you guessed it my delivery date for the end of November is unchanged despite having bought and paid for my iPhone X 13 minutes after the official release - which itself was related to the fact that Apples useless Apple Store app wouldn’t refresh. I eventually used Google Chrome to access the Apple Online store on my iMac - incredibly ironic since the two companies are not exactly friendly with each other.

The iPhone X will be a great device but Apple has committed an EPIC FAIL with this launch.
  • Reply 15 of 40
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,801member
    I’m fairly certain this only relates to customers who are on the iPhone upgrade program which is essentially an interest bearing loan from Apple which makes them even more money. 

“Deadbeat” customers who pay up front for the device are now second class customers. As you guessed it my delivery date for the end of November is unchanged despite having bought and paid for my iPhone X 13 minutes after the official release - which itself was related to the fact that Apples useless Apple Store app wouldn’t refresh. I eventually used Google Chrome to access the Apple Online store on my iMac - incredibly ironic since the two companies are not exactly friendly with each other.

The iPhone X will be a great device but Apple has committed an EPIC FAIL with this launch.
    BooHoo! You'll get your damn phone in time. You've waited over a year to get it, so what is another couple of weeks? This is not an EPIC FAIL of a launch. This happens every launch of a major product. They can only make so many. I'm sorry Apple didn't cater just to you. 
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 16 of 40
    brucemc said:
    Just goes to show:

Oh Gosh... not one of these. Again...
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 17 of 40

As far as I understand it the loan on the upgrade programme is interest free / 0% interest 
    mike180s_Apple_Guy602warren
  • Reply 18 of 40
    ‘Reader Warren ordered a 64GB iPhone X in white’

white?
  • Reply 19 of 40
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,844member

Wrong, and nonsense. 

There is only one line of orders, IUP aren’t in a shorter line. Prove otherwise. 

IUP doesn’t charge interest as far as I know. That’s why all of these various installment plans are popular. 

There is nothing failed about selling out of a massively popular product in 10 minutes. That’s called “success”. Don’t quit your day job, bub. 
    mike1macxpresswatto_cobra
  • Reply 20 of 40
    brucemc said:
    Just goes to show:

No clue? Actually they do, which is why those estimates IMPROVE and not get worse.
    They play it safe and put a conservative date KNOWING well that it is a conservative estimation.
    Then, when actual devices get shipped, they update the dates, because now it is almost guaranteed it will not be delayed for millions of people.
    If you pissed at that, I can't even imagine how royally pissed you would be if they updated the delivery estimates from 1 week to 4 weeks.
    watto_cobra