Google quality assurance continues to struggle with some Pixel 2 XL shipping without Andro...

Comments

• Reply 21 of 44
    tulkastulkas Posts: 3,757member
    macseeker said:
    Gee! How fun. A body without a brain. NEAT!
    Should market it as the most secure android ever.

also the only android that won’t mine your data.
    macseekerlostkiwicaliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 44
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    macseeker said:
    So what you're saying is that ███████ will vote it into public office? :smiley: 
    edited November 2017 caligilly33Rayz2016
  • Reply 23 of 44
    Didn't they also have a a problem with missing accessories in the box?

magman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 44
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    gatorguy said:
    fallenjt said:
    Kuyangkoh said:
    Time to move to IphoneX, bye bye Goggle until you seriously sell a good smartphones...😬sad, from 6P desaster to this.
    Always the problem for company which doesn't own both hardware and software.
    By next year perhaps they'll be closer to the hardware/software ownership. This year they were still far too reliant on LG and HTC. 
    Motorola acquisition reminded you anything? They couldn't integrate it into their business. Google ain't good at hardware PERIOD. Hardware takes years to develop and fine tune. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 44
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Soli said:
    Didn't they also have a a problem with missing accessories in the box?

That appears to have been a one-up. The rest are multiple incidences.
  • Reply 26 of 44
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    It's a feature! Open!

Watch the tech media bury the story. If this was Apple, it'll be OS-gate and another sign of Apple's pending doom. 
    lostkiwimagman1979StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 44
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    This is one I’ve never seen before.  ROTFL.  
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 44
    macseeker said:
    But but but it was always about the hardware specs.
    pscooter63watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 44
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,362member
    Everything Google does outside of selling advertisements and slurping up and reselling personal user data is just a garage band hobby and sideshow. Yeah, they don't want to be 100% beholden to Apple for mobile advertising, but their heart and soul has never been about building world class products to enrich the lives of their customers. They want your data and they want to shove advertisement in your face. I'm surprised they haven't started a product division to put ads on "smart" urinal cakes. 
    magman1979watto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 44
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    Hey, Android trolls, what's that about Apple's QA??????

pscooter63caliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 44
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    dewme said:
    Everything Google does outside of selling advertisements and slurping up and reselling personal user data is just a garage band hobby and sideshow. Yeah, they don't want to be 100% beholden to Apple for mobile advertising, but their heart and soul has never been about building world class products to enrich the lives of their customers. They want your data and they want to shove advertisement in your face. I'm surprised they haven't started a product division to put ads on "smart" urinal cakes. 
    SHHHHHHH!!!! Don't give them that idea!!!

Not only will they implement it, they'll use the same QA team from Pixel, and then that urinal won't even flush! :)
    edited November 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 32 of 44
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    “Can’t find a valid operating system.”

Are we sure Android isn’t installed?
    SolicaliGG1netmagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 33 of 44
    macseeker said:

My 4-year old son will love this phone. He's really into zombies!
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 34 of 44
    macseeker said:
    Those are also called “politicians”! 😁
    netmagewatto_cobra
  • Reply 35 of 44
    Shipping without a single software bug.  That's innovation right there!
    radarthekatStrangeDaysSoliwatto_cobra
  • Reply 36 of 44
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    If your quality system can not catch the basic option of the phone, what else are they missing, I forgot Google does not have quality system , we are their quality system they need us consumers to tell them what they got wrong. Besides the privacy issue of doing business with anything google, this is the other reason I do not use google products, they expect me to do their work.

With that said, I doubt HTC got this wrong, I suspect the phones OS was corrupted after the tested the phone and this is what showed up, again it points back to Google lack of testing and quality control.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 37 of 44
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    maestro64 said:
    If your quality system can not catch the basic option of the phone, what else are they missing, I forgot Google does not have quality system , we are their quality system they need us consumers to tell them what they got wrong. Besides the privacy issue of doing business with anything google, this is the other reason I do not use google products, they expect me to do their work.

With that said, I doubt HTC got this wrong, I suspect the phones OS was corrupted after the tested the phone and this is what showed up, again it points back to Google lack of testing and quality control.
    Or maybe (I'm grasping gossamer strings here) Google/HTC test the phone with a different "test only" image of Android (diagnostics, etc.) and then wipe the phone before replacing it with the "consumer" image of Android. That is the only way I see this happening (besides your corruption idea).
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 38 of 44
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,877member
    interesting...so apple color calibrates every iphone put in a box. but google apparently doesn’t even turn them on...?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 39 of 44
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Nice to see Google catching up to and greatly surpassing Apple's own QA downward plunge...
  • Reply 40 of 44
    dysamoria said:
    Nice to see Google catching up to and greatly surpassing Apple's own QA downward plunge…
    Can you back up that statement? What would be helpful are some statistics that show that Apple's QA now results in a larger percentage of devices being faulty compared to years past.
    watto_cobra