iPhone X shipment estimates improve, orders expected later in November now arrive in a wee...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    Att user here. 64GB Space Gray ordered and confirmed for Nov 3 delivery at 12:07am PST on launch. Two nights ago I checked on my order status and low and behold, my order was pushed back to 11/17-11/24 with no notification from Att or Apple. Called customer service, and they say they have so many customers calling with issues that I cannot talk to a supervisor but would get a call back from one in 24 hours. 

Fast forward 24 hours and no call back. Called again. This time I’m told I should have been told 24-48 hours. Told I will get a call back within the next 24. On launch day. Without the phone. Even though the other I ordered after the first one is arriving tomorrow no problem. 

Still no no bump in delivery date as of this writing. 

What. A. Joke. Steve would be turning in his grave. 
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 22 of 40
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    I’m fairly certain this only relates to customers who are on the iPhone upgrade program which is essentially an interest bearing loan from Apple which makes them even more money. 
    It does not.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 40
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,283member
    kkqd1337 said:
    I’m fairly certain this only relates to customers who are on the iPhone upgrade program which is essentially an interest bearing loan from Apple which makes them even more money. 

“Deadbeat” customers who pay up front for the device are now second class customers. As you guessed it my delivery date for the end of November is unchanged despite having bought and paid for my iPhone X 13 minutes after the official release - which itself was related to the fact that Apples useless Apple Store app wouldn’t refresh. I eventually used Google Chrome to access the Apple Online store on my iMac - incredibly ironic since the two companies are not exactly friendly with each other.

The iPhone X will be a great device but Apple has committed an EPIC FAIL with this launch.
    As far as I understand it the loan on the upgrade programme is interest free / 0% interest 
    You understand correctly. The troll does not.
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 40
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,876member
    coachbonk said:
    Att user here. 64GB Space Gray ordered and confirmed for Nov 3 delivery at 12:07am PST on launch. Two nights ago I checked on my order status and low and behold, my order was pushed back to 11/17-11/24 with no notification from Att or Apple. Called customer service, and they say they have so many customers calling with issues that I cannot talk to a supervisor but would get a call back from one in 24 hours. 

Fast forward 24 hours and no call back. Called again. This time I’m told I should have been told 24-48 hours. Told I will get a call back within the next 24. On launch day. Without the phone. Even though the other I ordered after the first one is arriving tomorrow no problem. 

Ordered from Apple or ATT?

As for Jobs...The product was so damn popular it sold out in under 10 minutes. That’s a success. It’s what any CEO would be excited about. So one of yours didn’t make it, bummer but it happens. I doubt Jobs would give a shit. 
    edited November 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 40
    256GB Space Gray now arriving Nov 6 instead of the original 17-24 timeframe. Very happy considering I’ve been with the upgrade program for 2 years and finished my pre order 8 minutes after it opened and dropped to the 2-3 week mark. 
  • Reply 26 of 40
    coachbonk said:

Yeah.. because the head of a company is personally responsible and personally accountable for EVERY order. Okay. Sure. It’s Jeff Bezos’s fault when Amazon inversed my address that one time too. 

Oof. 
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 27 of 40
    With upgrade program, still the 17th-24th. Hoping it will improve. If not I'll wait. This is not the end of the world by far. 
  • Reply 28 of 40
    OBVIOUSLY everyone is now cancelling their orders since they learned Face ID ONLY works on Craig Federighi's face.....slick demo but only works on that one face (well most of the time!).....epic fail!  :) 
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 29 of 40
    256GB Space Gray now arriving Nov 6 instead of the original 17-24 timeframe. Very happy considering I’ve been with the upgrade program for 2 years and finished my pre order 8 minutes after it opened and dropped to the 2-3 week mark. 
    Finnished my preorder 12 minutes past when I finally go tint. Yep went from 16-24 to arrives the 6th yes 
    appleismymiddlename
  • Reply 30 of 40
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    brucemc said:
    Just goes to show:
    - Apple has no clue what they are doing (it will be 6 weeks...no 4 weeks...no 2 weeks)
    - Demand is actually softer than first reported

Seriously, I give this company 4 years, tops, and you will read about them in the same sentence as Palm, Compaq, Nokia and RIM...

I guess you forgot to add /s at the end. And people are taking it really seriously, which is weird.
    Yes, putting the "/s" there would have reduced the blood pressure of many, but sometimes people need to work on their sarcasm detector.  Anyone who knows my posts or checks my history can see I am just stirring the pot...:)
    muthuk_vanalingamwatto_cobra
  • Reply 31 of 40
    roakeroake Posts: 811member
    coachbonk said:

Your first mistake is AT&T

Your second mistake is the blatant lie your entire post represents.

Have a nice day!
  • Reply 32 of 40
    Today mine improved by a week. Dec 1-6. Ordered the morning of the 27th around 7:00am EDT. 
  • Reply 33 of 40
    Hasn’t changed 😕🙁😣😭
  • Reply 34 of 40
    kkqd1337 said:

“Deadbeat” customers who pay up front for the device are now second class customers. As you guessed it my delivery date for the end of November is unchanged despite having bought and paid for my iPhone X 13 minutes after the official release - which itself was related to the fact that Apples useless Apple Store app wouldn’t refresh. I eventually used Google Chrome to access the Apple Online store on my iMac - incredibly ironic since the two companies are not exactly friendly with each other.

The iPhone X will be a great device but Apple has committed an EPIC FAIL with this launch.
    As far as I understand it the loan on the upgrade programme is interest free / 0% interest 
    Correct it is interest free, it does however include the $199 two year apple care warranty something I would have gotten either way, so whatever profit margin they make on phone (I am buying for cost) and the apple care are the profit they are making. No other interest tagged on this.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    I was late in ordering because I was unsure if I wanted to get the X or hold onto my 6 another year and see what 2018 brought me. My original ship date was just before Christmas, the 12-19th. Its been moved to the start of December 1-8. I'm, being patient.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    roake said:
    coachbonk said:

Your first mistake is AT&T

Your second mistake is the blatant lie your entire post represents.

Have a nice day!
    Sorry bud. I don’t need to lie on the internet. 

• Reply 37 of 40
    Really odd.  I ordered within six minutes of release...64 GB Black, full payment...and I still have the 11/17 - 11/24 delivery.  Really would love it next week!
    80s_Apple_Guy
  • Reply 38 of 40
    DanManTX said:

No luck for me.   My date hasn't changed.

Order In Progress 
     Delivers 17 Nov, 2017 - 24 Nov, 2017 by Standard Shipping

Last updated today at 11:41 AM

Mine either.  Which model did you buy, and did you buy with a payment plan or full payment up front?   64 GB Black with full payment here.  
  • Reply 39 of 40
    For my order, I tried placing an order for a space grey 256GB iPhone X right when orders started. The checkout process kept failing on the AT&T side. Eventually the store app said that I would get an email as soon as Apple could communicate with AT&T’s systems and that an iPhone would be reserved for me. 

I got the email the next day and completed the order in the early afternoon which got me a 11/17 - 11/24 delivery date. The date hasn’t shifted since then. 
  • Reply 40 of 40
    coachbonk said:

"Steve" has moved on. It's time you did too.