Jony Ive visits London's Regent Street Apple store for iPhone X launch

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple Chief Design Officer Jony Ive stopped by London's Regent Street store during the iPhone X sales to see the phone on display.

Ive was spotted by an AppleInsider reader, on the ground floor of the Regent Street store, amidst a crowd of shoppers. He doesn't appear to be there in an official capacity, with very few social media reports of him being there, nor any mention of him speaking to the staff beyond a few individuals.

Relay.fm founder Myke Hurley also spotted Ive at the store.

Got an extra surprise when picking up an iPhone today. pic.twitter.com/PP7dKLAoyS

-- Myke Hurley (@imyke)
Ive is responsible for all design at Apple, including the look and feel of Apple hardware, user interface, packaging, major architectural projects such as Apple Park and Apple's retail stores, as well as new ideas and future initiatives. He has been the head of Apple's design team since 1996.

Friday marked the first day of sale for Apple's highly anticipated iPhone X. See AppleInsider's full iPhone X review to learn everything you need to know about the next-generation handset.
watto_cobra

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    That would be amazing.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 7
    That’s a pleasant and happy surprise for those lucky shoppers. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Strange to see him in an Apple store, looking disheveled and seemingly not as part of an orchestrated PR campaign. I can see him trying to be as inconspicuous as possible any other time of the year, in order to get some time in-store to see how people are reacting to various devices, store sets, etc. But at the launch of what will likely be their biggest iPhone release to date I would expect every senior Apple exec to be part of a bigger consumer engagement PR program with proper photo-ops, etc. This doesn't appear to be that.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    I thought he'd be thinner....
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kestralkestral Posts: 308member
    His products get thinner but he gets fatter.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    hexagonsun74hexagonsun74 Posts: 1unconfirmed, member
    kestral said:
    His products get thinner but he gets fatter.
    Nice. Fat shame the old guy. Good luck getting old.
    edited November 2017 watto_cobrajohn.b
  • Reply 7 of 7
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    sunwukong said:
    I thought he'd be thinner....
    He could also be more muscular...just because someone is wider, doesn't necessarily mean they're fatter.