Apple unveils second developer betas of iOS 11.2, watchOS 4.2, macOS 10.13.2, tvOS 11.2

Posted:
in iPhone
A week after the latch batch of releases, Apple has deployed second developer beta releases of all of its operating systems, including watchOS 4.2. iOS 11.2, macOS 10.13.2, and tvOS 11.2.

The forthcoming iOS 11.2 appears to be a minor release, rectifying a Calculator bug, but incorporates a Now Playing widget for Apple TV media in Control Center. For developers it introduces SiriKit commands for the HomePod.

On Friday, Apple released an iPhone X-specific iOS 11.2 beta for testing. It appears that the latest beta includes iPhone X compatibility. The latest iOS 11.2 beta build is 15C5097d, with the previous non-iPhone X specific version holding number 15C5092b.

The new watchOS 4.2 has a build number of , with the previous one at build 15S5085b. Known issues include iTunes Store sign-in failure when pairing under certain conditions, and app icons may appear as placeholder images.

The second beta of tvOS 11.2 has build number 15K5090c, with the previous version having number 15K5085b. Apple notes that App Switcher usage may result in poor responsiveness when swiping between apps. tvOS 11.2 adds APIs for automatic frame rate and dynamic range switching for apps that don't use AVKit for video playback.

Changes in High Sierra have not yet been spotted. The previous beta had build number 17C60c, with the present having build number 17C67b.

Apple cautions against installing beta releases of its operating systems on mission-critical hardware, and recommends dedicated gear for testing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Boy... I hope they fix the spotty integration of Files with iOS GarageBand. Makes even starting projects a real chore..
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 2 of 5
    SendMcjakSendMcjak Posts: 66unconfirmed, member
    AirPlay 2?

I've been asking this ever since ~iOS 11.0 beta 2.
    cali
  • Reply 3 of 5
    SendMcjak said:
    AirPlay 2?

It’s there, no compatible devices yet.  But it’s there. 
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,858administrator
    SendMcjak said:
    AirPlay 2?

It is not there in any meaningful sense yet. The Apple TV fourth and fifth generation units running this beta should be AP2 compatible, and they are not.

It looks like some minor UI changes are the extent of it for now.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 5 of 5
    SendMcjak said:
    AirPlay 2?

It is not there in any meaningful sense yet. The Apple TV fourth and fifth generation units running this beta should be AP2 compatible, and they are not.

It looks like some minor UI changes are the extent of it for now.
    They’re not. But you can swap between devices now. I  was really excited to check it out with my Apple TV and.. no.. I can select the device. But that’s it. 

HOWEVER I have noticed that now playing, either music or podcasts will just disappear and I’m pretty sure it’s related to the incomplete AirPlay 2 features.