Apple issues second public beta for macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Posted:
in macOS
Apple on Tuesday seeded a second public beta of macOS 10.13.2 to the public, following up on this week's matching developer release.

The new software should in fact be unchanged from the developer code, except for its availability. People registered with Apple's Beta Software Program can find it through the Updates tab at the Mac App Store.

So far 10.13.2 appears to be a standard maintenance update, fixing bugs and security vulnerabilities while also making performance enhancements.

macOS 10.13.1 dealt with glitches in Apple Pay and Microsoft Exchange sync, as well as the KRACK vulnerability in Wi-Fi, and added 70 new emoji to boot.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    has anyone else been having consistent problems updating to the newest beta releases of macos high sierra? literally, after every single release, i check the software updates and i am presented with the message that no updates are available. i have tried reinstalling the beta software profile again and again to no avail. the only workaround i have discovered so far is convoluted and extremely time consuming. i must first download the macos high sierra installer from the mac app store, then reinstall the entire operating system, then download the beta software profile, then finally i am able to update to the newest beta release. i have checked google and reddit and there seems to be no solution. if anyone could enlighten me on this issue, i would greatly apprecitate it. thank you. 
  • Reply 2 of 8
    No problems for me, just downloading the latest beta 2 at the moment.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Link was in the App Store , now appears gone , also latest update pub beta 1 iPhoto’s has been crashing badly 

MBP 13” 2017 
  • Reply 4 of 8
    update: i had to go through the entire process as described in my first post, however i was finally able to update to the latest beta release. i don't know what is going on at apple these days, but in my opinion, their software quality control has gone way down and bugs, glitches, and mistakes have gone way up. seriously what the hell are they doing?
  • Reply 5 of 8
    cloudnine said:
    update: i had to go through the entire process as described in my first post, however i was finally able to update to the latest beta release. i don't know what is going on at apple these days, but in my opinion, their software quality control has gone way down and bugs, glitches, and mistakes have gone way up. seriously what the hell are they doing?
    are you on a major ISP?  If not (or maybe if so), your CDN may not be seeded as fast as others.    The discussion that the apple store 'comes up' for things like iPhone Pre Orders in what seems a stochastic way may how 'predictive' the seeding of static code is. You rarely [never] 'hit' apple's hosted content, and your ISP/CDN may be a 'stale' node in distribution of app store updates.

One thing I'd is switching from your ISP to your phone Carrier (if you have some GB's available).  Once I start a download, it will continue, no matter what net I'm on
  • Reply 6 of 8
    hodarhodar Posts: 357member
    What about APFS?   When will it support Fusion drives that Apple sold?  How about the millions of HDDs that are out there?  Apple seemed to be keen on announcing this back at WWDC, but sure seems to be hiding from it now. 
  • Reply 7 of 8
    are you on a major ISP?  If not (or maybe if so), your CDN may not be seeded as fast as others.    The discussion that the apple store 'comes up' for things like iPhone Pre Orders in what seems a stochastic way may how 'predictive' the seeding of static code is. You rarely [never] 'hit' apple's hosted content, and your ISP/CDN may be a 'stale' node in distribution of app store updates.

One thing I'd is switching from your ISP to your phone Carrier (if you have some GB's available).  Once I start a download, it will continue, no matter what net I'm on
    to be completely honest with you, i have no idea as to whether or not i am on a major isp. i am an american but i am currently vacationing in germany for the next couple of months, and therefore i do not handle the billing and/or maintence of the wifi internet here. however, i am also running the beta software of ios, and have had zero problems updating immediately on that platform for every single beta release during my stay here. furthermore, before i left america for germany, i was having the same problems updating to the beta releases of high sierra and there i was using comcast, the epitome of a major isp. 

in regards to my overall criticism of apple lately, i am referring to this issue, the i to A ? text replacement bug, the numerous animation bugs in ios 11, the fact that ios 11 shipped before it was fully baked, i could go on and on. i feel like apple needs to slow down and take their time, even if it means having to postpone or even completely shelve updates until they have been fully vetted. honestly, i would rather wait longer than initially expected, and get a finished, polished, bug-free update. yet, i feel as though apple has lost sight of this in order to constantly rush out new software releases to coincide with new hardware releases, as well as to have bragging rights for new features. am i the only one who feels this way?
  • Reply 8 of 8
    cloudnine said:
    in regards to my overall criticism of apple lately, i am referring to this issue, the i to A ? text replacement bug, the numerous animation bugs in ios 11, the fact that ios 11 shipped before it was fully baked, i could go on and on. i feel like apple needs to slow down and take their time, even if it means having to postpone or even completely shelve updates until they have been fully vetted. honestly, i would rather wait longer than initially expected, and get a finished, polished, bug-free update. yet, i feel as though apple has lost sight of this in order to constantly rush out new software releases to coincide with new hardware releases, as well as to have bragging rights for new features. am i the only one who feels this way?
    I am totally in 100% agreement. I installed OS11 on my 6s after it was released and had to revert back to 10.3.3 in a matter of days. (battery drain issue) I'm holding off on updating to 10.13 till at least maybe 10.13.3.  As far as updating back to 11, maybe I'll wait till 11.3 or so.