iPhone & iPad users get direct access to iTunes & App Store purchase histories

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
People with an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can now check their purchases from the iTunes Store and App Store without having to open iTunes on a Mac or Windows PC, according to a new Apple support document.

The feature can be found by going into the iOS Settings app, tapping on the user name up top, and then iTunes & App Store. From there people have to select their Apple ID, tap "View Apple ID," then scroll down until they find Purchase History.

All purchases are grouped by the date they were charged to a payment method. Some may be included under a Pending section, and by default only the last 90 days are shown. That range can be altered by tapping "Last 90 Days" at the top of the screen.

Selecting a purchase reveals full details including the device used to make the transaction, and an option to resend an email receipt.

People with Family Sharing turned on can normally only see their own history, but have access to others as long as they can sign in with the appropriate Apple ID.
gregoriusm

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    Doesn’t work for me: I am asked to enter my password over and over again (loop).
  • Reply 2 of 13
    ...subscriptions are shown though. :)
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 3 of 13
    mwhitemwhite Posts: 287member
    Worked for me...
    gregoriusmGeorgeBMac
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Doesn’t work for me: I am asked to enter my password over and over again (loop).
    Yeah, I get the same looping behaviour. Very frustrating. I’ve wanted something as convenient as this for a long time and now it glitches!
    [Deleted User]
  • Reply 5 of 13
    Never mind. A force restart sorted it (although the sign in pop up did come back once. I just cancelled it). It’s ncie to go back to my earliest purchases....July 12th 2008 in my case...a nice trip down memory lane.
    racerhomie
  • Reply 6 of 13
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,152member
    I did not know you could do this. Thanks Appleinsider!
    A pity you can’t manage apps from here, seeing as you can’t really from the AppStore app or iTunes anymore.
    GeorgeBMacSpamSandwich
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,275member
    It worked even though my Apple ID and ITunes ID are different. Saw purchases from 2005. Pretty cool. 
  • Reply 8 of 13
    It looped and looped, and then signed in. I can see purchases back to 1968! Wow, this is cool!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    I wish there was a "Download" button for each item......
  • Reply 10 of 13
    deanbardeanbar Posts: 113member
    Worked for me - took me back to 2005! Really cool. Each year you select, when you've finished and click "Back" it takes you back to Purchase History again and you have to reselect another year each time. Still useful though.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    mine only went back to Oct 2014 for some reason - I've had the same itunes/apple ID since my iMac G5 days and had iPhones since the 3G first came out. hmm.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    GeorgeBMacGeorgeBMac Posts: 11,421member

People with Family Sharing turned on can normally only see their own history, but have access to others as long as they can sign in with the appropriate Apple ID.
    That's kind of a problem for me:
    My grandson doesn't live with me -- so I can't see his purchases on my card from family sharing.  So, just where would you sign in with the "appropriate Apple ID"?  Does this mean signing into iTunes under his ID?
  • Reply 13 of 13
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Clumsy but works. It's about time. Still needs to be less clumsy.
    GeorgeBMac