Apple releases iOS 11.1.1 update with 'i' autocorrect fix, 'Hey Siri' bug repair

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2017
Apple has released another "sub-point" update to iOS 11, with iOS 11.1.1 addressing the "i" bug that caused the letter to be autocorrected to "A" and a question mark.

Apple claims that the update fixes an issue with keyboard auto-correct, and also solves an issue where "Hey Siri" stopped working. Following installation, one AppleInsider device experiencing the "i" autocorrect bug had no issues -- and all instances of it in past messages were eradicated.

The latest update is available through the traditional update method in the Software Update settings option. It is a 44.6MB download on an iPhone 7 Plus.

Apple's iOS 11 features includes ARKit, a revamped Control Center with deep 3D Touch support, Do Not Disturb When Driving, a new look for the App Store, a new voice for Siri, and more. It saw three "sub-point" updates before the iOS 11.1 update.

The iOS 11.1 update implemented a fix for the KRACK wi-fi, repaired an assortment of accessibility options, added more emoji, and rectified some issues with Photos.
tallest skil

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    Great. Now all they have to do is release and update to fix the blank lock screen bug that is coupled with performance issues
  • Reply 2 of 29
    And my iPhone 7 still can’t do a simple 1+2+3 without answering 24...
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 3 of 29
    ManuFR said:
    Try the app “PCalc”. It’s great.
    GG1RacerhomieX
  • Reply 4 of 29
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,350member
    ManuFR said:
    Sure it can. Just enter the figures a little slower or use Siri. That you can get the sum of 24 with that addition doesn't mean you can't get the correct answer.

Most if not all third party calc apps won't do that because there is no animation compared to Apple's app.

I will say that anybody used to quickly crunching numbers shouldn't use that calculator for critical crunching lest they experience the bug in their haste. In that case I'd be using a dedicated calculator anyway.
    RacerhomieXchia
  • Reply 5 of 29
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    ManuFR said:
    Try the app “PCalc”. It’s great.
    Or Calc Pro (with unit conversions, world currencies, etc.).
    SpamSandwich
  • Reply 6 of 29
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    ManuFR said:
    Stop whining. It's already fixed in the 11.2 beta. Or, you know, you can figure out what 1+2+3 is by yourself. 

dedgeckodedgeckozroger73RacerhomieXchiamacplusplusmagman1979
  • Reply 7 of 29
    ManuFR said:
    Until then, I slow down my typing the calculations in order for it to register. SMH
  • Reply 8 of 29
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:
    Stop whining. It's already fixed in the 11.2 beta. Or, you know, you can figure out what 1+2+3 is by yourself. 

Idiotic comment about whining.  If 1+2+3 = 24, then what else is it potentially doing wrong where the arithmetic isn't so trivial.  SpamSandwich ... those of us who did Engineering degrees too many years ago will likely vouch for the updated HP 15C app !
    SpamSandwichaylktyler82randominternetpersonretrogusto
  • Reply 9 of 29
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:

You are so true... On a device like this, the answers are:
    - use a beta software
    - type slower
    - change your app

So silly I am to think that Apple have to do it right... The lighting photo effect is in beta on a thousand dollar device but it seem’s normal to...

Not for me, sorry.

BTW, I love my iPhone but that is not a reason to tolerate a non finish job on iOS system software.
    aylkrandominternetperson
  • Reply 10 of 29
    GG1GG1 Posts: 483member
    kimberly said:
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:

Idiotic comment about whining.  If 1+2+3 = 24, then what else is it potentially doing wrong where the arithmetic isn't so trivial.  SpamSandwich ... those of us who did Engineering degrees too many years ago will likely vouch for the updated HP 15C app !
    Wow, what a blast from the past. I used the predecessor HP-34C. It still works if I hook up a power supply to it.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    I️ have never been more excited about an update than I️ am right now!
    tyler82retrogusto
  • Reply 12 of 29
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    ManuFR said:
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:

- use a beta software
    - type slower
    - change your app

So silly I am to think that Apple have to do it right... The lighting photo effect is in beta on a thousand dollar device but it seem’s normal to...

Not for me, sorry.

BTW, I love my iPhone but that is not a reason to tolerate a non finish job on iOS system software.
    Now you’re just being a troll, or maybe you have been all along. It’s a bug, a minor bug, that will be fixed in the next official update. If you can’t adapt until then you shouldn’t be using any technology at all. 
    cornchipStrangeDays
  • Reply 13 of 29
    YoSamCapsFanYoSamCapsFan Posts: 9unconfirmed, member
    As we used to joke in the System 7 days, Quality is Job 1.1.1!
    cornchiptallest skilGG1SpamSandwichbonobobrandominternetpersonretrogusto
  • Reply 14 of 29
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,945member
    As we used to joke in the System 7 days, Quality is Job 1.1.1!
    Haha! Didn’t know that, but was just going say “nice number”! Extra funny now!
    YoSamCapsFanSpamSandwich
  • Reply 15 of 29
    And when will Night Shift be fixed so it could be turned off permanantly on IPhone 5SE instead of crashing settings? Also which release will remove that exclamation mark that insists to join iCloud? (No I am not rejoining until messaging identification takes phone number as first attempt and only as second option it uses Apple ID.... or provides ability to select protocol)
  • Reply 16 of 29
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:

You could show a little bit more courtesy and less being Apple shill. Some of us predate Apple achievements and are entitled to judge based on engineering education.
  • Reply 17 of 29
    lkrupp said:
    ManuFR said:
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:

- use a beta software
    - type slower
    - change your app

Not for me, sorry.

Now you’re just being a troll, or maybe you have been all along. It’s a bug, a minor bug, that will be fixed in the next official update. If you can’t adapt until then you shouldn’t be using any technology at all. 
    Sorry but if a company as big as Apple knows a problem for long and can’t found a way to fix it during the last two updates they should maybe rethink there industrial software process.
    Being exigent for something you love using doesn’t make you a « Troll ».
    retrogusto
  • Reply 18 of 29
    MplsPMplsP Posts: 3,911member
    The ‘1+2+3’ issue is a design flaw in the UI. Poor design, but, to be fair, the calc app can correctly add the numbers if you don’t enter them faster than the UI allows so the ‘+’ doesn’t register. 

I’ve been dealing with the blank lock screen bug for the past week - nothing you can do to avoid it or prevent, and it significantly compromises the usefulness of your phone until you reset it. 
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 19 of 29
    kimberly said:
    slurpy said:
    ManuFR said:

I hear good things about that HP app.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    Well guess what.....SIRI still does not work even with that update that states they fixed it... Have tried everything they suggested to fix it to no avail and seen the update today and thought it was going to happen.. but no...
    hgvinh