Video: Apple's Clips 2.0 puts you in the Millennium Falcon cockpit with Star Wars augmente...

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2017
Apple's updated Clips 2.0 on Thursday, and it now supports augmented reality 360-degree selfie scenes using iPhone X's TrueDepth camera system. Other additions include Disney content including a panorama aboard the Millenium Falcon and Mega-Destroyer -- and AppleInsider shows you all the new features.

For reviews, news, tips, features and more, subscribe to AppleInsider on YouTube.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    so long green screen. wow. wish this was for FaceTime!
    tallest skilcalidoozydozen
  • Reply 2 of 12

FYI, that's not the cockpit, it's the "main hangout area" of the Millennium Falcon.   ;)
    exsangusretrogustodoozydozenlostkiwiirnchriz
  • Reply 3 of 12
    Rian Johnson (director of the upcoming "The Last Jedi") did one of these. Hilarious!
    doozydozen
  • Reply 4 of 12
    davendaven Posts: 696member
    What I would like to see is augmented reality incorporated into a VR headset so you can walk around and see the added objects. Basically you put the iPhone in a VR headset and it uses the camera and augmented reality routines to create new scenes. Of course this would require a VR headset that has a cutout for the iPhone's camera.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Do we have to wait for OS X 10.14 to see this stuff on Macs? They never did add the ability (they showcased in a keynote) to cut out mouths on famous pictures and talk with them in FaceTime, among other filters, of course.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 6 of 12
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Since we're in a politically-correct world now, the appropriate term is "Flight Deck", not "cockpit".
    GG1exsangusmacplusplus
  • Reply 7 of 12
    what an age we live in
  • Reply 8 of 12
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    I waited for Apple to have a PhotoBooth app forever. I'm surprised they laid back and let SnapChat take the market.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    jcallows said:
    what an age we live in
    What, you mean of shallow self-obsession?

I saw Kim Kardashian on the telly the other day, explaining how to take the perfect selfie before a night on the tiles. 

She advised taking three hundred pictures from slightly different angles and then posting the best one. 

KIM, I AIN’T GOT TIME FOR DAT!

I don’t understand this app, which doesn’t mean it’s rubbish. It simply means I’m not the target audience. 
  • Reply 10 of 12
    sflocal said:
    Since we're in a politically-correct world now, the appropriate term is "Flight Deck", not "cockpit".
    And the appropriate term is “Manhattan Bridge,” not “Golden Gate Bridge.”

• Reply 11 of 12
    irnchrizirnchriz Posts: 1,617member
    Works pretty well 
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 12 of 12
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    sflocal said:
    And the appropriate term is “Manhattan Bridge,” not “Golden Gate Bridge.”

I believe it is the Brooklyn Bridge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn_Bridge

However, i am not 100% sure from the picture since it could be the Manhattan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_Bridge

edited November 2017