'Midnight Fog' edition of Apple Watch Nike+ to ship on Nov. 14

Posted:
in Apple Watch
A new color combination for the Apple Watch Nike+ Series 3, "Midnight Fog," is coming to Nike's online and retail stores on Tuesday.

The product pairs an aluminum, space gray cellular Watch with a Sport Loop featuring "deep greys with iridescent accents," Nike said. It's intended to match the company's Midnight Fog Air VaporMax shoes, which are coming to North America on Nov. 27.

Like other aluminum cellular Watches, the Midnight Fog edition will start at $399. It's not yet clear whether Apple will offer the option, and/or if the new Sport Loop will be sold separately as well.

Nike has sold exclusive combinations and bands in the past however, which likely means the same for the Midnight Fog.

The Apple Watch Nike+ is effectively identical to a regular Series 3, but with custom Nike-branded bands, extra watchfaces, and the ability to preload Nike+ Run Club and launch it from a complication.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Those are some weird-looking shoes.  The uppers are fine, but what's with that sole?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Those are some weird-looking shoes.  The uppers are fine, but what's with that sole?
    Just a guess, but to me they look like they’re for outdoor trail running.
    jahblademdriftmeyer
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Just a guess, but to me they look like they’re for outdoor trail running.
    According to the (very bad Nike site) they are just general purpose running shoes "With a reinvented cushioning system, the Nike Air VaporMax Flyknit Men's Running Shoe delivers a lightweight, bouncy ride for a gravity-defying sensation underfoot and Flyknit fabric for a snug, flawless fit."

Whee!  Enjoy the bouncy ride on your $190 shoes.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 4 of 9
    if only the nike app worked reliably though. still keeps on shutting down middle of run and doesn’t sync data onto iphone immediately, sometimes taking days before the uploading happens.
    albegarc
  • Reply 5 of 9
    They look good to me.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Looks to me like they've engineered the shoe to use less material, increasing their profits per shoe. Structurally, it looks quite unsound for a running shoe. I can imagine lots of twisted ankles.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,717member
    Looks to me like they've engineered the shoe to use less material, increasing their profits per shoe.
    And engineered to wear out sooner where the inner (recessed) portion of the heel meets the outer portion.  Thus increasing sales.
    randominternetperson
  • Reply 8 of 9

Is there really a Nike-obsessed group in America that hunt for limited edition shoes at some random Nike outlets? I remember reading something about an app that allows these guys to hunt for the shoes?

I'm a Nike guy myself, but I don't need to buy more than one pair every year or so.

• Reply 9 of 9
    if only the nike app worked reliably though. still keeps on shutting down middle of run and doesn’t sync data onto iphone immediately, sometimes taking days before the uploading happens.
    I agree.  When I first got my Series 2 watch, I was eager to use the Nike Run app since it was specifically designed for the watch.  But it's a joke.  Terrible GPS accuracy, not enough customizations to workout and feedback information during a workout.  Poor sync with the phone.  I gave up on it pretty quick and find the stock workout app on the Watch works just fine.  Easy to use, extremely accurate (less than .1 miles off on a 10 mile run) and syncs up to my heath data right away.  Been just sticking with that app for a year now and am quite happy.