Dual Credit System...

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I was wondering if a alternative or dual credit system could be enacted...

What I mean by that is that "opposed to" or in conjunction with... "post count" a person could get a "replies count" for the responces to a post...

That way we may end up with more posts that have more interesting topics...

I always find its a good feeling when a topic that you have started gets over 70 replies... I just thought that maybe a person could get credit for starting interesting or long standing topics...

just an idea...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    So you want people starting lots of new topics in hopes of getting a high reply count on one of them?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Not too good of an idea IMO.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Hehe. That would be interesting. I'd have the record due to the 'Hype' thread.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    That would be hard to implement, and not an especially useful gauge either. Everyone's would be fairly low, because the majority of threads that people start don't get dozens and dozens of replies.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    [quote]Originally posted by gorgonzola:

<strong>That would be hard to implement, and not an especially useful gauge either. Everyone's would be fairly low, because the majority of threads that people start don't get dozens and dozens of replies.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah. Maybe a 'good' or 'useful' or 'interesting' thread rating for each person. But then you've got member ratings just like MacNN. Or at least like they used to have. But still, I think that would be fun.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    Hooray for karma whores!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    But then EmAn wouldn't have a high count anymore!
  • Reply 8 of 12
    I could turn on Member Ratings, but they tend to be hugely abused, since people end up giving bad ratings just because they don't agree with someone.

If people want to give it a shot, though, I don't mind, and I doubt Jonathan & co do either.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Agreed... we did a poll about Member Ratings a while back and the response was overwhelmingly negative... but... if you want to try again...
  • Reply 10 of 12
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    I don't understand this interest in ranking people, especially by simple formulae. :confused:

If anything of the sort did appear, I'd like it to be USENET newsreader-style scoring/filtering, so that the rankings were personal and private, rather than taking on the appearance of official endorsement.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Please, don't enable any rating system here.

It only promotes spam and, as groverat so eloquently put it, karma whores.

K.I.S.S.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    Ditto!