Star Micronics announces first AirPrint-certified point-of-sale receipt printer

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2017
The Star TSP654II AirPrint is the first 58mm and 80mm receipt and ticket printer to get AirPrint certification -- and it will see release very soon.

The Star TSP654II AirPrint prints at 300 millimeters per second, at 203 dots per inch. The unit can be used in vertical or horizontal mode, and includes a wall mount brakcet in the box.

The unit is available in charcoal black or ultra white to match cash drawer options, and has a splash-proof housing available.

Connectivity includes Ethernet and wi-fi options. The TSP654II WebPRNT thermal printer, which should be similar to the TSP654II AirPrint, is rated for 60 million lines, and one million receipt cuts.

The AirPrint-certified model will be available in the coming months. Pricing is not yet available, but the TSP654II WebPRNT can be found for around $310.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Huh. For some reason I assumed these existed soon after using iPads as registers happened. I guess I never really thought about it. I'm glad someone did.
    edited November 2017 watto_cobraStrangeDaysdoozydozen
  • Reply 2 of 10
    payecopayeco Posts: 581member
    Soli said:
    Huh. For some reason I assumed these existed soon after using iPads and terminals happened. I guess I never really thought about it. I'm glad someone did.
    Some other payment systems have supported their own receipt printing methods. Square, for instance, has supported receipt printing with their iPad POS register system for years. In fact, the printer included with the Sqaure kit is made by this same company.

https://squareup.com/shop/hardware/us/en/products/ipad-air-wifi-pos-kit-food
    edited November 2017 Soliwatto_cobratechprod1gyredgeminipadoozydozen
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Holee crap, Star Micronics is still around?  

I remember when they were competing against Epson's MX-80 dot matrix printer.

I'm oooooold.
    netroxwatto_cobraslprescottchiaminicoffeedoozydozen
  • Reply 4 of 10
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member

I'm oooooold.
    Oh yeah, and they still have lots of products.

Speaking of old, check out this website from 1997. LOL

edited November 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 10
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,421member

I'm oooooold.
    I was actually thinking that the company sounded so familiar... gee.. thanks for reminding me.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Finally! I have been waiting for this for ages. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 7 of 10
    Printer?  What's a printer? Is it boustrophedonic?

I'm waiting for ApplePay POST terminals to transmit digital receipts back to your iPhone or Apple Watch -- and a budget program to categorize your expenses from the digital receipts.

Now, where's my breakout box?

Just for grins:

edited November 2017 watto_cobrachiaSpamSandwichjdgazdoozydozen
  • Reply 8 of 10
    that took a long while...
    StrangeDays
  • Reply 9 of 10
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Pfft! Android has had this for years.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 10 of 10
    For a corporate point of sale environment, one would have to be a fool to use AirPrint as it's woefully unreliable when compared to using static IPs.