AT&T iPhone owners suffering from connectivity issues on LTE

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Had this issue last week and resolved it with a phone call. I thought a tower was down. They sent a signal to my device and I restarted afterwards...problem solved.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    For everyone who thinks AT&T is a giant piece of shit there are corresponding individuals who think the same of Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, whomever. It’s a zero sum game people. Give it a rest. It’s like those who trash Apple all the time.

bluefire1 said:
    I give AT&T full credit for doing what Verizon refused to do: Agreed to make the original iPhone available on Apple's terms.
    That said, there's no carrier as excellent as Verizon.
    Verizon is just as big a POS as AT&T and there are plenty of people who think that. Get a clue.
    pscooter63
  • Reply 23 of 25
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    What a mess. I have spent much time this evening on this, newest in a long list of ATT debacles. Finally with much effort, and many failed calls , live customer service messaging fails and eventually 30 minutes on hold, I received a worthwhile fix on my IPhone X Cellular/Wireless problem. The fix, in my case, involved disabling the PUK code and  a hard restart of the phone. 

I detest this company, the unreasonable rates they extract from clients and the customer service black hole one often falls into attempting to rectify their f*c” ups and crashes. Oh how I wish Apple could gracefully deliver us all the way through the miasma of the wireless/internet/ monopoly on our society. These sort of recurring  problems should be legislated out of existence with worthy monetary and regulatory sanctions against these failing behemoths until they can be relied on in a failsafe manner to carry out the electronic communication needs of the populace they scavenge. 
    Yeah, ATT is pretty bad. I had to get it when I bought my first iPhone in 2008. It was still AT&T only back then. I've considered switching multiple times since then, including with the iPhone 5, 6 and now 7Plus. The thing is I'm still grandfathered on data. I think that will be over soon though, as I'm about out of contract (finally).
    apple jockey
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Happened to me last night around 5:30pm EST, clicked on a favorite speed dial and it beeped and went to Call Failed.  After 5 minutes I switched airplane mode on and then off and tried again and it went through.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    I'm glad that I dropped ATT last  month to move to Xfinity (Verizon).