"Mac Bomb Threat"

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Get rid of him. It is a totally inappropriate name.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Maybe he's talking about the Mac OS bomb?
  • Reply 2 of 22
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    what the **** does it matter what he's talking about? the name may be in bad taste but i'm against kicking him out
  • Reply 3 of 22
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    Chill out guys. I've asked for a slightly less inflammatory name to be picked, but this would certainly not warrant banning.

Loosen up. There's bigger fish to fry, trolls to be flushing out, etcetera.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Its just a suggestion. It is not an appropriate name. A new name would be a good idea. I really think it is in bad taste.
  • Reply 5 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:

<strong>Its just a suggestion. It is not an appropriate name. A new name would be a good idea. I really think it is in bad taste.</strong><hr></blockquote>

And vegans think eating meat is inappropriate. Well, if one group thinks it's inappropriate, we might as well ban it. Hey, I don't like the letter S. I think that letter is very inappropriate. Can we ban you?
  • Reply 6 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Exercise in Frivolity:

<strong>

And vegans think eating meat is inappropriate. Well, if one group thinks it's inappropriate, we might as well ban it. Hey, I don't like the letter S. I think that letter is very inappropriate. Can we ban you?</strong><hr></blockquote>

You know, that just isn't required. Bomb threats are not funny, not at all. And to try and make light of it by making up that nickname isn't funny.

Yes, it is just what I think. That's why its called a suggestion. If you don't like it, fine.

With the bombs in the midwest and things like Columbine and what not, it is in very poor taste.

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>
  • Reply 7 of 22

<strong>

You know, that just isn't required. Bomb threats are not funny, not at all. And to try and make light of it by making up that nickname isn't funny.

Yes, it is just what I think. That's why its called a suggestion. If you don't like it, fine.

With the bombs in the midwest and things like Columbine and what not, it is in very poor taste.

[ 05-06-2002: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Of course we have to legislate against poor taste because that's so offensive and very objective. Your suggestion has been noted and discarded with the rest of the trash I've heard in the last week.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Exercise in Frivolity:

<strong>

Of course we have to legislate against poor taste because that's so offensive and very objective. Your suggestion has been noted and discarded with the rest of the trash I've heard in the last week.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think you understand. We don't need to make this into a federal case, so to speak. Legislating? Who is legislating? WTF?

I am SUGGESTING to the MODERATORS (not you) that the MODERATORS CONSIDER removing Mr. Mac Bomb Threat or ask him to change his name....which Jonathon has already done, apparently. I am SUGGESTING this to the MODERATORS (still not you, but thanks for checking!) because it is in poor taste IMHO. I wasn't planning on lobbying my congressman on the issue.

Take some sort of pill.
  • Reply 9 of 22

<strong>

I don't think you understand. We don't need to make this into a federal case, so to speak. Legislating? Who is legislating? WTF?

I am SUGGESTING to the MODERATORS (not you) that the MODERATORS CONSIDER removing Mr. Mac Bomb Threat or ask him to change his name....which Jonathon has already done, apparently. I am SUGGESTING this to the MODERATORS (still not you, but thanks for checking!) because it is in poor taste IMHO. I wasn't planning on lobbying my congressman on the issue.

Take some sort of pill.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Look at the big picture. Your attitude is a microcosm of what is going on with the ridiculous PC movement today. I don't care if it offends you. Deal with it. Does it REALLY hurt you that bad? Is it REALLY that important that is has to be changed? Are you REALLY outraged or are you just pretending because that's the popular thing to do these days?

Edit: Random typos...

[ 05-07-2002: Message edited by: Exercise in Frivolity ]</p>
  • Reply 10 of 22
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Censorship sucks.

Find something better to complain about.
  • Reply 11 of 22
    Well, OMFG.

You have no idea of what my beliefs are. I am not exactly a PC person, per se.

This isn't censorship, you liberal tree huggin' freaks. The name is offensive. REALLY OFFENSIVE.

Censorship, Legislation......for God's own sake.....I was just saying it wasn't an appropriate name.
  • Reply 12 of 22
    ghost_user_nameghost_user_name Posts: 22,667member
    This is the most ridiculous argument i've ever seen.

The offending name has been changed. The member was very obliging; i merely pointed out the disapproval of some members... i really don't get this.

chill out, folks.
  • Reply 13 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by Jonathan:

<strong>This is the most ridiculous argument i've ever seen.

The offending name has been changed. The member was very obliging; i merely pointed out the disapproval of some members... i really don't get this.

chill out, folks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The point is just because one member finds it offensive doesn't mean it should be changed. Obviously the owner of that name is a pussy.
  • Reply 14 of 22

<strong>Well, OMFG.

You have no idea of what my beliefs are. I am not exactly a PC person, per se.

This isn't censorship, you liberal tree huggin' freaks. The name is offensive. REALLY OFFENSIVE.

Censorship, Legislation......for God's own sake.....I was just saying it wasn't an appropriate name.</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's offensive to you. No one else cares about you. If you don't like it, ignore it.
  • Reply 15 of 22
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    I wasn't offended one bit, but that's just my opinion.
  • Reply 16 of 22
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
  • Reply 17 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by janitor:

<strong> </strong><hr></blockquote>

I find your name to be offensive. Change it.
  • Reply 18 of 22
    Censorship does suck. But it's necessary to a certain degree. I can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater. That's censorship, but most people would accept it. I can't publish false allegations against you (and get away with it). That's censorship. I can't change my legal name to "Kellog's Rice Krispies." That's a form of censorship. There are limits to free speech.

AI's policy is up to them. There's no harm in lodging a complaint. And I think that Jonathan did the right thing by voluntarily asking the guy to change his name. But what if my name was a racial epithet? Would AI be so accomodating then? Censorship exists for a reason, it just needs to find the right balance between freedom and liberty.

Besides, if you or I disagree with AI, we can always leave.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    [quote]Originally posted by gobble gobble:

<strong>Censorship does suck. But it's necessary to a certain degree. I can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater. That's censorship, but most people would accept it. I can't publish false allegations against you (and get away with it). That's censorship. I can't change my legal name to "Kellog's Rice Krispies." That's a form of censorship. There are limits to free speech.

AI's policy is up to them. There's no harm in lodging a complaint. And I think that Jonathan did the right thing by voluntarily asking the guy to change his name. But what if my name was a racial epithet? Would AI be so accomodating then? Censorship exists for a reason, it just needs to find the right balance between freedom and liberty.

Besides, if you or I disagree with AI, we can always leave.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Speech should be free as long as it doesn't cause immediate harm. Mac Bomb Threat's name cannot be compared to yelling fire in a crowded theater. That's retarded. This is just one person who is a little too eager to be offended who doesn't have the willpower to simply ignore the name so instead has to bitch about it to the admins. Stupid PC movement and feminization of america.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    pushermanpusherman Posts: 410member
    [quote]The name is offensive. REALLY OFFENSIVE.<hr></blockquote>

No more offensive than Apple using bombs to indicate system failures in the first place.