Apple makes available sixth developer betas of iOS 11.2, macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Posted:
in macOS
Three days after the last release, Apple has issued the sixth beta releases of iOS 11.2 in conjunction with the sixth macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 beta now including a fix for the Root account generation exploit.

When finalized, the new operating system versions are expected to mark the public launch of Apple Pay Cash, which allows for peer-to-peer money transfers via the Messages app.

So far, macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 appears to be mostly a maintenance release with few added features other than support for introductory app pricing with auto-renewable subscriptions. The latest High Sierra beta appears to fix the Root account generation flaw that was rectified in 10.13.1 on Wednesday.

There are signs that AirPlay 2 may come to the iPhone and iPad soon, but only user interface changes have manifested themselves so far.

The iOS 11.2 beta also adds support for 7.5-watt wireless charging with Apple's latest handsets -- the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X.

The third iOS 11.3 beta added a new display prompt when disabling Bluetooth and Wi-Fi in Control Center. Changes in iOS 11 leave those functions active for features such as Apple Watch connectivity, AirDrop and Continuity, but disable other connections to non-Apple devices and services.

Still absent on the week is a watchOS 4.2 beta update -- with it still on the fourth testing release. Apple's tvOS remains on its fifth beta.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Any update to APFS?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    pakitt said:
    Any update to APFS?
    Hard to tell. Fusion drives are still not supported.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I experience also contact problems: my watch shows no contacts at all. I’m. It using the beta versions, but normal official releases. The only idea I have is to delete all contacts and try to reestablish them via iCloud... hopefully cleansing my phone(?) from corrupt contacts. I really don’t understand what’s happening. 
  • Reply 4 of 7
    ...is Apple using those choosing or needing to buy new top dollar hardware as beta testers...? Why can we not even download the Sierra installer anymore on an X.1 OS ? Really ? Has it gotten that (aggressively) prescriptive ? Is that policy, by design? How does this serve paying customers and users? I recall a phrase from yon - 'it just works', for just that (work)... No doubt there are some who may have modest needs (word processing bloggers dependent on ad revenue for example?) and all is 'great' for them, yet can 'the rest of us' choose our OS on new hardware, our ram or our drives in progress ever more, or even know that beyond a calendar corporate reporting timeline (is upgrade meritocracy dead?) must users 'pay, plug and pray'... (PPP) No clear or obvious warning on iTunes 12.7 hijacking app management - really ? Have sign in requests dramatically increased? Why is this? Does Apple privacy demand 'constant contact' ? I'd be more tempted towards new (2013 pro) hardware if we could easily adjust our drives and ram, and Applecare would support prior OS that might be needed for a particular flavour of workflow ? Applechurn™ has me spending more and more time fiddling with software and second guessing hardware needs vs actually getting things done... I now file bug reports too. To be fair one was actually (significantly with thanks!) fixed, yet should it be this way? It took a lot of time...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    ...is Apple using those choosing or needing to buy new top dollar hardware as beta testers...? Why can we not even download the Sierra installer anymore on an X.1 OS ? Really ? Has it gotten that (aggressively) prescriptive ? Is that policy, by design? How does this serve paying customers and users? I recall a phrase from yon - 'it just works', for just that (work)... No doubt there are some who may have modest needs (word processing bloggers dependent on ad revenue for example?) and all is 'great' for them, yet can 'the rest of us' choose our OS on new hardware, our ram or our drives in progress ever more, or even know that beyond a calendar corporate reporting timeline (is upgrade meritocracy dead?) must users 'pay, plug and pray'... (PPP) No clear or obvious warning on iTunes 12.7 hijacking app management - really ? Have sign in requests dramatically increased? Why is this? Does Apple privacy demand 'constant contact' ? I'd be more tempted towards new (2013 pro) hardware if we could easily adjust our drives and ram, and Applecare would support prior OS that might be needed for a particular flavour of workflow ? Applechurn™ has me spending more and more time fiddling with software and second guessing hardware needs vs actually getting things done... I now file bug reports too. To be fair one was actually (significantly with thanks!) fixed, yet should it be this way? It took a lot of time...
    No. 
  • Reply 6 of 7
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    Downloading 11.2 now, which has Apple Pay Cash. New for me, but Apple Pay on itself is new to me: I'm in The Netherlands.