Apple Pay Cash money transfers launch in US on iPhones, iPads running iOS 11.2

Comments

• Reply 21 of 64
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,291member
    elijahg said:
    Seems Apple's forgotten about the world outside the USA again...
    Yeah. That's the reason. They just forgot.
    If you wait until the whole world can roll out a feature, you'd never have anything.
    StrangeDaysmacxpressbonobob
  • Reply 22 of 64
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    blah64 said:
    Ignoring these presumably temporary rollout problems, is APC finally going to allow anonymous cashless transactions? i.e., can one create an APC account via a pre-paid gift card without any real, personally-identifying data? Once funds are on the account, it seems at that point any point-of-sale purchases would be completely anonymous, almost as good as cash. Or is this not possible yet?
    Apple Pay Cash requires a bank debit card, so no.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 64
    I'm seeing a lot more "I don't have this" than "I have this" posts.

Who actually is using it now?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 64
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,891member
    elijahg said:
    Seems they have to start somewhere and this is the best place to do so.
    just cruisinwatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 64
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,891member
    I don't see it anywhere in my Wallet or Settings, either. 11.2.
  • Reply 26 of 64
    The toggle was there earlier in Settings, but I kept receiving the “service not available” error. Now the toggle is gone. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 64
    Earlier I wrote:  Nope ApplePay Not available notice on my iPhone7 and nothing on my iPad Pro"

Now set up and working on my iPhone.  Don't see even a Wallet app on my iPad, but I do show I am set up for ApplePay on the iPad, just no Wallet or other cards besides my main card for ApplePay
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 28 of 64
    blah64blah64 Posts: 993member
    lkrupp said:
    blah64 said:
    Ignoring these presumably temporary rollout problems, is APC finally going to allow anonymous cashless transactions? i.e., can one create an APC account via a pre-paid gift card without any real, personally-identifying data? Once funds are on the account, it seems at that point any point-of-sale purchases would be completely anonymous, almost as good as cash. Or is this not possible yet?
    That's unfortunate, but thanks.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that when this rolled out that pre-paid cards were going to work.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 29 of 64
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member
    elijahg said:
    Well Apple is a U.S. company!!! So Apple is going to start here first. Besides there's all kinds of issues to deal with in other countries. Then there's exchange rates, etc. It'll spread around just like Apple Pay has been doing. Maybe faster to those countries already supporting Apple Pay. Where's the European OS and phones? It always seems to be the U.S. WIndows, Linux, iOS, Android. Symbian? I guess, long list of issues and now DEAD. Samsungs Tizen? Not going anywhere.
    just cruisinwatto_cobra
  • Reply 30 of 64
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,071member
    blah64 said:
    lkrupp said:
    blah64 said:
    That's unfortunate, but thanks.

I could have sworn I read somewhere that when this rolled out that pre-paid cards were going to work.
    I might be inclined to go get one just to try it. If I can get one at face value on a sale somewhere.
  • Reply 32 of 64
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    f1ferrari said:
    The toggle was there earlier in Settings, but I kept receiving the “service not available” error. Now the toggle is gone. 
    I got this too, It showed up earlier today and when I tried to toggle it on, it asked me to login with my password. After a while withthe spinning pinwheel, it said service unavailable. Now it’s gone completely. 
    supadav03
  • Reply 33 of 64
    Man, Apple is really sucking wind lately.  On top of all of their recent issues, this morning when I went to enable Apple Pay Cash, I would enter my iCloud password, and receive an error.  Now, the Apple Pay option is totally gone from that preference pane.  Geez!  
    supadav03williamlondon
  • Reply 34 of 64
    The toggle and Apple Pay Cash card has appeared on my iPad Pro today, but not on my iPhone 7.  I called Apple Support and was told that the feature isn't fully rolled out yet and it will be enabled by device gradually over the next few days.  That may also explain why some people get a "Not Available" message.  I think that if it doesn't work for you now then you should wait for a few days until there's an official announcement that it's really ready.  Until then YMMV.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 35 of 64
    dr. x said:
    f1ferrari said:
    I got this too, It showed up earlier today and when I tried to toggle it on, it asked me to login with my password. After a while withthe spinning pinwheel, it said service unavailable. Now it’s gone completely. 
    This was my experience as well. 

It brought to my attention the apparent fact that Apple can indeed change the software I use under license. I know this is consistent with the DMCA, but it is the first time I've seen in it action. No software update or "accept" action by the end user. The owner (Apple in this case) simply throws the switch.
  • Reply 36 of 64
    eightzero said:
    dr. x said:
    f1ferrari said:

It brought to my attention the apparent fact that Apple can indeed change the software I use under license. I know this is consistent with the DMCA, but it is the first time I've seen in it action. No software update or "accept" action by the end user. The owner (Apple in this case) simply throws the switch.
    Is that actually an example of software used under license? Is it possible that the interface you’re dealing with is web based, like the App Store, so they just made a change on the server side and you’re seeing something different on your phone?

Have you ever opened the App Store and not had the basic icons at the bottom not load or change from the previous time you used them?  That’s what I’m wondering if this is.  Not a real change, just connecting to code that’s telling what or what not to display.

I’m just guessing here so...
  • Reply 37 of 64
    5:30pm EST, running 11.2 on an iPhone X and still no signs of Apple Pay Cash. Getting annoyed now. Why are we still waiting when 11.2 has been out?
  • Reply 38 of 64
    AI blows it up again....hahaha
  • Reply 39 of 64
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    supadav03 said:
    5:30pm EST, running 11.2 on an iPhone X and still no signs of Apple Pay Cash. Getting annoyed now. Why are we still waiting when 11.2 has been out?
    Please see, @deh2k, post below that I quoted. It looks like it will be rolled out this week over the next few days device by device. Hang tight, we will get it soon.
    deh2k said:
    The toggle and Apple Pay Cash card has appeared on my iPad Pro today, but not on my iPhone 7.  I called Apple Support and was told that the feature isn't fully rolled out yet and it will be enabled by device gradually over the next few days.  That may also explain why some people get a "Not Available" message.  I think that if it doesn't work for you now then you should wait for a few days until there's an official announcement that it's really ready.  Until then YMMV.

supadav03watto_cobra
  • Reply 40 of 64
    eightzero said:
    dr. x said:
    f1ferrari said:

Is that actually an example of software used under license? Is it possible that the interface you’re dealing with is web based, like the App Store, so they just made a change on the server side and you’re seeing something different on your phone?

Have you ever opened the App Store and not had the basic icons at the bottom not load or change from the previous time you used them?  That’s what I’m wondering if this is.  Not a real change, just connecting to code that’s telling what or what not to display.

I’m just guessing here so...
    It's not. It is the settings app in iOS11.2. Pretty sure that is all Apple's Secret Sauce.