Apple Pay Cash money transfers launch in US on iPhones, iPads running iOS 11.2

Comments

• Reply 41 of 64
    dr. x said:
    supadav03 said:
    5:30pm EST, running 11.2 on an iPhone X and still no signs of Apple Pay Cash. Getting annoyed now. Why are we still waiting when 11.2 has been out?
    Please see, @deh2k, post below that I quoted. It looks like it will be rolled out this week over the next few days device by device. Hang tight, we will get it soon.
    deh2k said:
    The toggle and Apple Pay Cash card has appeared on my iPad Pro today, but not on my iPhone 7.  I called Apple Support and was told that the feature isn't fully rolled out yet and it will be enabled by device gradually over the next few days.  That may also explain why some people get a "Not Available" message.  I think that if it doesn't work for you now then you should wait for a few days until there's an official announcement that it's really ready.  Until then YMMV.

Sorry, missed that. Hopefully sooner rather than later. A little frustrating to not have it available with the launch of 11.2 
  • Reply 42 of 64
    It’s not on my phone either running 11.2 on iPhone 7
  • Reply 43 of 64
    cornchipcornchip Posts: 1,948member
    I was so looking forward to this... not available on 5s 😖
  • Reply 44 of 64

I updated to iOS 11.2, and the Cash card showed up in my wallet, but when I tried to activate it, I got an "unavailable" message. So, I went to Settings --> Wallet & Apple Pay to try toggling off/on the Apple Pay Cash button to see if that did anything. I turned Apple Pay Cash off, but once off, the toggle completely disappeared, and now there is apparently no way to turn it back on. 

Also, the Apple Pay Cash card is now gone from my Wallet. 

Within the Messages App, I still see the ApplePay sub-app, but when I tap it, it says "Apple Pay Cash has been turned off on this device" and it offers a button to "Open Settings," presumably to turn Cash back on. However, while that button takes me into the Wallet & Apple Pay settings, there is no way now to turn Apple Pay Cash back on because the toggle is gone!! Doh!

• Reply 45 of 64
    i was going to edit my post, but for some reason the system won’t let me. 

Anyway, forgot I could use Apple Pay on my iPad Pro! Super excited! Fcuk Venmo.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 46 of 64
    Got it working on my iPad Pro but can’t get it working in my X - yikes

Kind of odd that you can’t turn an existing debit card into Apple Pay cash.  I tried setting up the card (while the other one was already there)  and got an error message that stated the card was already in Wallet. Upon backing out, Apple Pay cash is available on my iPad Pro but I can’t repeat this on my X.  This has to be a bug, or shitty roll out. 
  • Reply 47 of 64
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    After reading the comments above, I came to conclusion that people are generally impatient and feeling a bit entitled when it comes to free service like this.
    watto_cobrawilliamlondon
  • Reply 48 of 64
    kevin kee said:
    After reading the comments above, I came to conclusion that people are generally impatient and feeling a bit entitled when it comes to free service like this.
    I’m just excited to finally ditch Venmo.
    maclvr03beowulfschmidtwatto_cobra
  • Reply 49 of 64
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    jbdragon said:
    elijahg said:
    Seems Apple's forgotten about the world outside the USA again...
    Well Apple is a U.S. company!!! So Apple is going to start here first. Besides there's all kinds of issues to deal with in other countries. Then there's exchange rates, etc. It'll spread around just like Apple Pay has been doing. Maybe faster to those countries already supporting Apple Pay. Where's the European OS and phones? It always seems to be the U.S. WIndows, Linux, iOS, Android. Symbian? I guess, long list of issues and now DEAD. Samsungs Tizen? Not going anywhere.
    Since the complex work with external companies (i.e. banks) is done and Apple Pay is already supported here, it can't be much more work to add the cash option to other countries, especially ones with big markets and similar financial systems to the US, such as the UK. It's the same with the AppleTV and the TV app, no sign of it here over a year after the US got it. Makes the AppleTV a pretty expensive AirPlay server and not much else.

Oh and you'll find a Brit invented the web, British Alan Turing was instrumental in designing the first computer, and Cambridge's (the real one, not the US one) ARM powers pretty much every smartphone in the world. The GPUs in iPhones are designed by a UK company, and Ive is British too. Apple has a lot of British tech in its devices, but rewards us with high prices and slow rollouts.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 50 of 64
    Mine is finally live. I don’t know why but it says:

Device account number and a random 4 digit that isn’t any of my cards. And then it says Discover Debit.

Shouldn’t it be my debit card? 
  • Reply 51 of 64
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    maclvr03 said:

Device account number and a random 4 digit that isn’t any of my cards. And then it says Discover Debit.

The service runs through a Discover card. It may deduct from your debit card just like an Apple Pay transaction does, but the Pay Cash card is a Discover card. You can elect to transfer any cash back to your bank account if you wish. 

Mine has been working since around 3pm...transferred $1 to a friend who also had it working and it worked perfect and fast. 
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 52 of 64
    maclvr03 said:

No the Apply Pay Cash card is a new debit card added to you wallet 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 53 of 64
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member

elijahg said:
    jbdragon said:
    elijahg said:
    Well Apple is a U.S. company!!! So Apple is going to start here first. Besides there's all kinds of issues to deal with in other countries. Then there's exchange rates, etc. It'll spread around just like Apple Pay has been doing. Maybe faster to those countries already supporting Apple Pay. Where's the European OS and phones? It always seems to be the U.S. WIndows, Linux, iOS, Android. Symbian? I guess, long list of issues and now DEAD. Samsungs Tizen? Not going anywhere.
    Since the complex work with external companies (i.e. banks) is done and Apple Pay is already supported here, it can't be much more work to add the cash option to other countries, especially ones with big markets and similar financial systems to the US, such as the UK. It's the same with the AppleTV and the TV app, no sign of it here over a year after the US got it. Makes the AppleTV a pretty expensive AirPlay server and not much else.

Oh and you'll find a Brit invented the web, British Alan Turing was instrumental in designing the first computer, and Cambridge's (the real one, not the US one) ARM powers pretty much every smartphone in the world. The GPUs in iPhones are designed by a UK company, and Ive is British too. Apple has a lot of British tech in its devices, but rewards us with high prices and slow rollouts.
    Would you like some cheese with your whine? Yes, I'm sure Apple just purposely chooses to piss all over the UK. Who really gives a shit about what Brit did this and where this or that comes from etc. That doesn't mean a damn thing. Get over yourself already...
    edited December 2017 StrangeDays
  • Reply 54 of 64
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    I finally got the Apple Pay Cash option and was able to set it up as in the image shown below. 

I hope this helps for those trying to enable Apple Pay Cash in Settings under “Wallet and Apple Pay” as it worked for me just now.

Edit: added second image to show what I saw when I went to messages. 

edited December 2017
  • Reply 55 of 64
    Yap, it works.....and im from ..... oh yes California, i know we suck.
  • Reply 56 of 64
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Set up Apple Pay Cash on my iPhone X without any problems. Even added money to it without any issues. Be sure to have a debit card in your wallet and be sure your settings enable it (Settings>Wallet & Apple Pay). 
    Unless the recipient also set it up on his/her iPhone, you can't send them any funds.

edited December 2017
  • Reply 57 of 64
    riverko said:
    elijahg said:
    True. Well, in Czech republic we are still waiting for ‘basic’ Apple Pay... 
    I was about to comment the same exact thing. One of the most widely available NFC payment countries and we still didn't get Apple Pay. I'm certain part of the blame is on Apple and other part is on Czech Banks and many of them with their aging infrastructure, but I don't think bank's infrastructure is the problem. Nowdays you can pay public transport tickets with NFC cards, parking in the street etc. Would be GREAT if Apple would at least bring "basic" Apple Pay to Czech Republic.
    watto_cobracornchip
  • Reply 58 of 64
    blah64 said:
    Ignoring these presumably temporary rollout problems, is APC finally going to allow anonymous cashless transactions? i.e., can one create an APC account via a pre-paid gift card without any real, personally-identifying data? Once funds are on the account, it seems at that point any point-of-sale purchases would be completely anonymous, almost as good as cash. Or is this not possible yet?

I see that someone later replied to you regarding the pre-paid gift card capability, but I'm going to address your "completely anonymous" comment.

iMessage is attached to your phone and knows your phone number, and probably your email address.  No matter the anonymity of the card used to pay, the fact of the transaction itself is not anonymous. Whether or not the details of the transaction can be discerned is another question, but the fact of the transaction is, or can be, known.

So unless you're willing to go to a lot of trouble, i.e. buying an iPhone with cash, declining to give any personal information to the seller, using a new Apple ID unconnected with any of your other accounts, using a pay-as-you-go carrier such as Cricket or StraightTalk, never attaching the phone to your home wi-fi, never actually bringing your phone to your residence or workplace (tower triangulation is a thing), never calling or texting with your family members, and a few other precautions, you ain't gonna be anonymous.

Hey, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

watto_cobra
  • Reply 59 of 64
    When I woke up this morning, Apple Pay Cash was available on both my iPhone and iPad. I set them up, got everything verified, and now have to get my wife to set hers up to try it. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 60 of 64
    elijahgelijahg Posts: 2,759member
    macxpress said:

elijahg said:
    jbdragon said:
    elijahg said:

Would you like some cheese with your whine? Yes, I'm sure Apple just purposely chooses to piss all over the UK. Who really gives a shit about what Brit did this and where this or that comes from etc. That doesn't mean a damn thing. Get over yourself already...
    If you'd taken the time to read the quoted post, you'd find I was responding to the posturing by jbdragon that the Apple is American so America should get everything first. But in your haste to try and shoot down my comment, you just made yourself look foolish.
    watto_cobra