Apple debuts new Apple Watch Sport Band and iPhone X silicone case colors

Posted:
in General Discussion edited December 2017
Apple updated its online store on Monday with new color choices for popular accessories including Apple Watch Sport Bands and iPhone X silicone cases, offering users a more diverse selection of products ahead of the holiday shopping season.

Apple's iPhone X silicone case in spicy orange (left) and Flash.

As noted on Apple's online store, the company is introducing three new Apple Watch Sport Band colors to its already wide range of color varieties. The new hues include dark teal, spicy orange and Flash, the latter being a bright, almost canary yellow.

Apple often mixes up its Sport Band lineup, adding and deleting available color options throughout the year. The last major change came in September when the company released Apple Watch Series 3, the first Apple Watch to boast cellular connectivity.

At the time, Apple added a number of darker shades to the Sport Band collection while at the same time removing pastel colors like mist blue, flamingo and pollen. Today's addition of spicy orange and Flash recreate the palette of flamingo and pollen, respectively, but in bolder shades.

Pricing remains the same at $49, with an estimated delivery time of Dec. 6 or Dec. 7, depending on shipping method.

As for iPhone X, the company released cosmos blue, spicy orange and Flash versions of its first-party silicone case, a microfiber-lined, form-fitted wrap designed to protect the flagship handset from bumps and minor drops.

Apple first toyed with colorful silicone iPhone cases with the launch of iPhone 5c in 2013, and later expanded the idea to cover its flagship iPhone lineups. For iPhone X, Apple offers its silicone case in a total of 12 different colors, while the more expensive leather folio comes in four muted tones.

The new silicone case colors are priced at $39 and ship out by Dec. 12 to Dec. 19 at the earliest.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    I love the Apple cases but wish the drop protection was more protective.
    GeorgeBMac
  • Reply 2 of 16
    mobirdmobird Posts: 753member
    Where is the iPhone X Smart Battery Case? Do you think we will see one? Is it even possible? Would most likely render the Wireless Charging feature useless on the iPhone X I would think?
    AirunJae
  • Reply 3 of 16
    mobird said:
    Where is the iPhone X Smart Battery Case? Do you think we will see one? Is it even possible? Would most likely render the Wireless Charging feature useless on the iPhone X I would think?

I think Neil (who is basically the Perry White of AI) uses a battery case that also allows for inductive charging for his iPhone X, if I'm not mistaken.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 4 of 16
    mobird said:
    I'm not sure how useful booster cases will be in the near future...when wireless pads are ubiquitous, just top up the battery wherever you go.  that future isn't far off either, Ikea is selling furniture with charging pads now and I don't think office furniture makers are far behind either
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Slightly fluffy, this product lineup for the holiday season...
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 6 of 16
    I want battery case for iPhone X. I don’t have any problem with my X but I want it just for when traveling. 
  • Reply 7 of 16
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    bluefire1 said:
    Simple fix for that....don't drop it!
    mike1
  • Reply 8 of 16
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,279member
    Been using Apple's leather cases since my first iPhone and they are perfect for what I need.
    AirunJaeStrangeDays
  • Reply 9 of 16
    StrangeDaysStrangeDays Posts: 12,871member
    matrix077 said:
    I want battery case for iPhone X. I don’t have any problem with my X but I want it just for when traveling. 
    I find I have insane battery life, with an abundance left over by the time I go to bed each night. I doubt we'll see one from Apple.
    patchythepirate
  • Reply 10 of 16
    mobird said:
    I'm with you.  On of the main reasons I'm hesitating to upgrade from my 6s to the X is the thought of giving up my always-at-100% battery thanks to the wonderful Apple battery case (which looks funny, but is perfectly designed for functionality and ergonomics).
    jony0
  • Reply 11 of 16
    mobird said:
    I'm not sure how useful booster cases will be in the near future...when wireless pads are ubiquitous, just top up the battery wherever you go.  that future isn't far off either, Ikea is selling furniture with charging pads now and I don't think office furniture makers are far behind either
    The "near future" is at least 2 years away so no really relevant for people with, or considering, a X.  There is no way my company is going to buy new furniture any time soon to support this, and I'm sure it's not alone.  What about hotels?  Many of them still have clock radios with 30-pin iPod connectors.

Besides I want my phone in my pocket most of the time; leaving them lying around sounds inconvenient and risky to me.  "Wireless" charging is a moderately useful feature, but it's not a substitute for all-day battery life.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    Bacillus3 said:
    Slightly fluffy, this product lineup for the holiday season...

• Reply 13 of 16
    aegeanaegean Posts: 164member
    bluefire1 said:
    I drop my iPhone 6 almost every other day if not every day. In fact it goes through much insane torture when it gets into my 1 year's hand wherever she finds it. And I only have Apple's leather case on it and have no issues. But with my iPhone X, I have been using Apple's Folio case, even though I don't need slots to carry my credit card within. So it not a perfect folio but can't find anything better in the market, and I have been searching, spending hours an hours every day for a nicer case before iPhone X was even released and still no success. All I want is no non-sense, minimalistic design, 360 coverage, with precise cutouts for speaker holes and lightening port, case must have quality buttons so it doesn't scratch my iPhone button (same like Apple's official case if not better), also no logos or anything on the case, no bulkiness and quality material.
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 14 of 16
    evilutionevilution Posts: 1,399member
    aegean said:
    I drop my iPhone 6 almost every other day if not every day.
    You should get yourself tested for motor neurone disease or Parkinson’s or at least look at increasing your manual dexterity. Dropping your phone that much shows signs that there is an issue with the user.
  • Reply 15 of 16
    matrix077 said:
    I find I have insane battery life, with an abundance left over by the time I go to bed each night. I doubt we'll see one from Apple.
    maybe it is just new battery stamina, but my X has had plenty of power at the end of each day.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    mobird said:
    I'm with you.  On of the main reasons I'm hesitating to upgrade from my 6s to the X is the thought of giving up my always-at-100% battery thanks to the wonderful Apple battery case (which looks funny, but is perfectly designed for functionality and ergonomics).
    The case has a very durable battery - ours continues to keep our 6 (which has effectively NO internal battery at this point) well charged for a whole day after about 20 months of daily use. The integration with iOS is really differentiating.