watchOS 4.2 launches with Apple Pay Cash for Apple Watch

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited December 2017
Apple on Tuesday launched watchOS 4.2 for Apple Watch, giving users of the wearable, connected device the ability to send and receive money from the newly online Apple Pay Cash service.

The final release comes after four beta builds were issued to developers and public testers. Apple Pay Cash began rolling out on iOS devices on Monday.

Upon installing watchOS 4.2, users will find a new Apple Pay button at the bottom of a conversation in Messages. From there, users can quickly authorize and send payments directly from their wrist, without the need to use an iPhone.

The release is identified as Build 15S102. The update also adds support for HomeKit sprinklers and faucets, adds enhanced downhill snow sports tracking for third-party apps, and resolves a variety of bugs, including one that would crash Siri when asking about the weather.

Support for Apple Pay Cash and watchOS 4.2 requires a connected iPhone running iOS 11.2. That update was pushed out early on Saturday to fix a bug that caused repeated crashing on affected iOS devices.

watchOS 4.2 can be installed from the Apple Watch app for iPhone.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I wish my 14 and 17 year old daughters can receive money. But the age limit is 18 years old...ugh. Probably due to that lawsuit where kids were charging up parents iTunes accounts.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 4
    technotechno Posts: 737member
    The update came through even though I am in Canada. The ApplePay option is available. However, when I try to set up the card in wallet, the 'Next" button is grey for the address screen. I assume this is because I am in Canada. Such a tease.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I like it but none of my contacts have set up Apple Pay cash they just use their iPhone 📱 for  taking selfie’s I don’t use the technology . ☹️
  • Reply 4 of 4
    netroxnetrox Posts: 1,415member
    The watchOS 4.2 is definitely draining my battery fast. It drains 50% by 8 hours. Something is wrong.