iPhone X available for next-day delivery in the U.S., same-day pickup from most stores

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple has updated its online store to reflect the improved availability of the iPhone X in the United States, with potential customers informed they can purchase the mobile device with next-day delivery, or they can pick up their orders from a number of Apple retail outlets today in a majority of cases.

According to the Apple website, orders in the United States for all combinations of color and capacity of the iPhone X are claimed to be "In Stock" for deliveries, with orders arriving with customers as soon as "Tomorrow." This appears to apply to devices for all four major carriers, as well as the SIM-free variant.

The delivery time is a considerable improvement from one week ago, the last time Apple made a major update to its expected order delivery periods. On December 10, it was noted orders in the U.S. had a wait time of 3 to 5 days for delivery in most cases, extended to nine days for T-Mobile units.

In many cases, customers electing to pick up the iPhone X from their nearest Apple outlet will be able to do so today. A large number of stores show they have stock of the iPhone X for same-day pickup, though availability does not extend to all models of iPhone X in all stores.

AppleInsider's checks of store availability suggest the higher 256-gigabyte capacity model is more likely to be sold out compared to the smaller 64-gigabyte version, though again this does vary between stores.

It also appears that the iPhone X is becoming easier to acquire in other regions as well. Next-day delivery is now available in the United Kingdom, down from the previous 3 to 5 day shipment times noted earlier this month, with many stores also shown as having the iPhone X in stock for purchase.

The lower lead times for deliveries are in line with expectations from analysts, who suggest that improvements to the supply chain have improved availability. In November, KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo suggested Apple assembly partner Foxconn is shipping between 450,000 and 550,000 iPhone X units per day, up from previous estimates of 50,000 to 150,000 units per day.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    “OMG! If I can get one in a day then that means no one is buying them so it must be an epic fail!”

Does that about cover it?
    StrangeDaysmacxpresswatto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 15
    Funny that you used a picture of the Washington DC area. I think I posted last week in one of the articles that here in the DC area, the X was available to pick immediately at all the Apple stores....
  • Reply 3 of 15
    Incredible.  Who would have imagined 10 years ago when the iPhone debuted that Apple would be cranking out half a billion dollars worth of phones a day--and that's only one model.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 15
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    Rayz2016 said:
    “OMG! If I can get one in a day then that means no one is buying them so it must be an epic fail!”

Does that about cover it?
    Some here get upset that we keep hammering away at the stupidity of the trolls and naysayers. Let it go they say. Everybody knows Apple is a successful tech giant now. Well I’m here to tell you that those naysayers are as persistent  as ever when it comes to predicting Apple’s demise... any day now. Any article about Apple posted anywhere attracts that crowd and they still caterwaul about slave labor, suicide nets, the stupidity of people who buy Apple products, the Apple ‘tax’, and the notion that you can buy a fully equipped PC that leaves the Mac in the dust for only $199 at Frye’s. They are all over the Internet all the time.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 15

Incredible.  Who would have imagined 10 years ago when the iPhone debuted that Apple would be cranking out half a billion dollars worth of phones a day--and that's only one model.
    It’s always been about Apple not playing by the rules. That makes them hard to analyze and pigeonhole into algorithms and charts. And that pisses off the people who make their living by giving allegedly sage advice.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 6 of 15
    ....destroying the myth that Vegas is the fastest way to senselessly blow money
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    The butthurt is strong with this one…
    lkruppStrangeDaysmacxpressRonnnieOwatto_cobra
  • Reply 8 of 15
    Oh look, right on cue.
    StrangeDaysmacxpresswatto_cobra
  • Reply 9 of 15
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    After agonizing for months, I just picked one up, put in the T-Mobile SIM from my 5s, and was pretty much blown away. I got the sense that finally here is the debut of a computing device that feels frictionless, that you can trust as a friendly companion. The face ID just needed one or two turns with winter hats and sunglasses. Interface without home button is intuitive. Music memos (free download) on this X in some ways  better than on my big iPadPro. And shooting slo-mo on 10x zoom at little finch-like birds zipping around revealed that much of the time their wings are held tight to body, speeding with laminar flow like bullets. No regrets.  Thank you Apple! (Two minor nits, it's sleekness makes it slippery; guess I'll get a case; and preloaded Yahoo stock app could fit to elongated page better.)
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 10 of 15
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Funny that you used a picture of the Washington DC area. I think I posted last week in one of the articles that here in the DC area, the X was available to pick immediately at all the Apple stores....
    Well, that's where I live, so.
    MustSeeUHDTVpatchythepirate
  • Reply 11 of 15
    badmonkbadmonk Posts: 1,293member
    People drop $1200+ on Hamilton tickets, first class airfare, purses, dresses.  My $1149 iPhone X is a steal...only the original iPhone gave me as much happiness (and my AirPods).
    randominternetpersonStrangeDayswatto_cobrapatchythepirate
  • Reply 12 of 15
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Got to handle one for the first time today, in a Target store actually.  My impressions vs. my 7 Plus:  

-The screen is amazing.  Exceptionally sharp and clear.  
    -I'm not sure I like the feel.  I kind of like the heft of my 7 Plus.  
    -The lack of surface area relative to the 7+ is hard to get used to.  I know it's technically a bigger screen, at least height wise.  
    -I think I'm going to want a bigger screen.  Good thing I'm on the upgrade program, because I'll be first in line for X Plus.   
    -I'll likely get one in January.  

edited December 2017 watto_cobra
  • Reply 13 of 15
    Oh look, a low-post guy who hates Apple gear, here to post on an Apple site. Trollsaywha?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Stick with OPPO if you can’t afford Iphone, good for your health.....
    ops your wallet I should say _^^_
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 15 of 15
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member

'same-day pickup from most stores'

This was true for my Apple store over this last weekend, for the first time since the X went on sale. Now it's a three day wait. Not bad, but same day pickup lasted two whole days.

So if I can pick up a X in three days, it must be a TOTAL FAIL! I guess.
    watto_cobra