Keep your iPhone X safe with one of these protective cases

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    I'm happy with this case. Fits better then the i-Blason one I just returned and has a kickstand as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074CMT7HV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Reply 42 of 55
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    I've always wondered how much the Apple leather cases actually protect the phone from drops.
    My SE has been in an Apple leather case since Day 1.  I have dropped it from waist height onto concrete 4-5 times to date, at least once face down... and never so much as a scratch on the phone itself.

I can't back up the stickiness problem Sockrolid (not quite rock solid!) mentioned - never experienced that.  But I have noticed that, over time, the embossed Apple logo began fading, and as of three months ago, it was gone altogether. 

And the case is starting to sit a little too loosely on the phone, indicating some stretching.  I will probably replace it soon, likely with a twin.  I really like the feel and the slimness.
    edited November 2017
  • Reply 43 of 55
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    elementcase.com has the best looking cases and excellent protection. Check out the Formula and REV cases in particular.

• Reply 44 of 55
    Very nice cases. After next software update, your phone will be slow, but it will last forever.
  • Reply 45 of 55
    aegeanaegean Posts: 164member
    Can't even think about putting my iPhone X in these ugly looking cases. However Apple's cases look good and I have used them in the past. Currently, I am using Apple's folio case in black. Clear case will only look good if its made out of extraordinary quality material so rather than look cheap and plastic feeling, it should look as transparent as there's nothing on the phone, which I doubt if we will be able to find.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    nethan9 said:
    Very nice cases. After next software update, your phone will be slow, but it will last forever.
    your phone won’t be slowed unless you have a used up battery that requires replacement. just like you replace the one in your car or tv remote.

newer OS software is harder for older hardware to run, same as it ever was. 
  • Reply 47 of 55
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    nethan9 said:
    Does this really need to be brought up in every god damn Apple article? Its not even funny. Its just stupid and annoying at this point. 
    shark5150fastasleep
  • Reply 48 of 55
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    My sleek X survived many slips unprotected (including several 36 inches onto carpet). A drop onto gravelly pavement while getting into car-- also amazingly unscathed-- nevertheless sent me to store. Will return my clear TECH 21 case since its protective bottom lip impedes swiping up and makes the right button less responsive. (I hope they eventually improve it, since otherwise a very protective case that still showcases Apple's finesse.) Just ordered Apple leather case somewhat reluctantly since it obscures most of phone, but minimal bottom lip looks crafted for X functions, and still give some peace of mind against dings.
  • Reply 49 of 55
    jd_in_sbjd_in_sb Posts: 1,600member
    I tried many wallet cases including apple’s and the Zover magnetic case is best 
  • Reply 50 of 55
    bluefire1 said:
    I like the Speck, Spigen and X-Doria cases in particular. I'd like to know which cases don't work with wireless charging since it would be a major annoyance to keep removing the case to charge the phone.
    I have the Speck Presidio Grip case, and it does work with wireless charging. Amazon has them for about $24 bucks, which is a great deal in my opinion!
  • Reply 51 of 55
    vlscout said:
    Do people really buy (and use) these ugly, rough and bulky cases to hide their beautiful and finely designed iPhones? IMO The only good option is a fully transparent case.
    My aunt has a child thats why she gets the most protection.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    I've owned and really liked a Spigen Tough Armor case with my 5s and my 6. Neither one had an issue despite MANY drops. So, I just decided to stick with one of those with my X.

So far so good (but it is noticeably thicker in my pocket as compared to the 6, but not horribly so.)

I thought I'd never use the kickstand, but I've used it twice already...
    edited December 2017
  • Reply 53 of 55
    fastasleepfastasleep Posts: 6,417member
    The real story here is which cases don't have a bottom lip. With swiping to open, a lip on the bottom could ruin the feeling.
    Does this not bother you for left/right edge swiping as well? I can't stand cases even more since iOS started using these gestures more universally. I'll take my chances.
  • Reply 54 of 55
    Im new to the iPhone family but im so excited i will be purchasing  the 10 version im looking for a CLEAR protective case if im spending all this money i want to know if i drop it will my screen be protected from scratches and cracking   i have had the otter box  for my previous  phone and it was very protective but also big bulky rubber that i could not slide in and out of my pocket does anybody have and suggestions i like this one... symmetry series clear graphic case (otter box product) but am unsure of its protection