DJI shows off iPhone-ready Osmo Mobile 2 gimbal with better battery life, easier controls

Posted:
in iPhone
Drone maker DJI has revealed the Osmo Mobile 2, an upgraded version of its stabilizing smartphone gimbal, set to launch through apple.com on Jan. 23.

The accessory's main improvement is a better internal battery, said to offer up to 15 hours of video shooting -- more than three times what the original Osmo Mobile allowed. The Mobile 2 is also lighter than before, and equipped with a revised button layout, including a built-in zoom slider.

While iPhone video is normally best shot in landscape mode, the Mobile 2 can also be used to shoot in vertical orientation.

Software-based features include subject tracking, panoramas, timelapses, and "Motionlapses," which are timelapses shot while an iPhone is moving.

The Osmo Mobile 2 will cost $129. After it makes its premiere through Apple, it will go on sale through DJI and various resellers starting in February.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    tzm41tzm41 Posts: 95member
    Looks really cool, nice upgrade.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 2 of 6
    hmlongcohmlongco Posts: 536member
    Someone should add a good external mic and/or mic jack to these things, since the mount completely blocks the Lightning Port.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Is that price correct? The current Osmo Mobile was $299 and recently reduced to $199. If it’s $129 I’ll 100% be buying one. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 4 of 6
    analogjackanalogjack Posts: 1,073member
    No way it's chefruitstandninja said:
    Is that price correct? The current Osmo Mobile was $299 and recently reduced to $199. If it’s $129 I’ll 100% be buying one. 
    Must be an error, how could it be cheaper than the plastic bodied Ziyun. I'm puzzled though how a high quality item like this wobbles when placed in its dedicated table stand which needs to be lined with a slide of business card to keep it stable. 
  • Reply 5 of 6
    The price cut is for real. It’s now a true bargain, I’ll be getting one.

Now we just need DJI to have the same approach on the Spark.....
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Has DJI managed to sort out the issue with OIS on iPhone yet? If they have sorted this out then the Osmo Mobile 2 looks like a good buy.