Colgate Smart Electronic Toothbrush E1 with Artificial Intelligence uses ResearchKit, is A...

Posted:
in iPhone
The new Colgate Smart Electronic Toothbrush uses Apple ResearchKit with the user's permission to crowdsource toothbrushing data so the company can "anticipate the future of oral care."

Designed with the help of dentists, the Colgate Smart Electronic Toothbrush E1 features real-time sensors and artificial intelligence algorithms to detect brushing effectiveness in 16 zones of the mouth.

The Colgate Connect app is integrated with Apple ResearchKit, and connects to an iPhone or iPad with Bluetooth. It features a 3D brushing coach to create a custom oral care routine for the user while encouraging better brushing habits.

"Connected health devices like the new Colgate Smart Electronic Toothbrush provide a valuable opportunity to enable people to monitor their health and wellness," said Colgate-Palmolive Chief Technology Officer Dr. Patricia Verduin. "Using Apple ResearchKit to expand the boundaries of oral care is a testament to Colgate's drive to create innovative solutions that help people take better care of themselves."

The Colgate Smart Electronic Toothbrush will be available for Recommended Retail Price $99.95 USD beginning January 9 in the US exclusively at Apple.com and in select Apple Stores.

The toothbrush itself was designed by Kolibree, the same company that debuted the Magic Toothbrush on Monday that uses augmented reality to gamify children's oral hygiene.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    The new Colgate Smart Electronic Toothbrush uses Apple ResearchKit with the user's permission to crowdsource toothbrushing data so the company can "anticipate the future of oral care."

This is like the opening paragraph of a surreal comedy sketch. 
    mike1kevin kee
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Mike WuertheleMike Wuerthele Posts: 6,861administrator
    Rayz2016 said:

That did not go unnoticed by the writer.
    Rayz2016Folio
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Rayz2016Rayz2016 Posts: 6,957member
    Mmmm. 

Could be worse

https://www.cnet.com/news/icon-smart-condom-ring/

“Thrust Velocity”??

😳
    edited January 2018 fotoformat
  • Reply 4 of 9
    FolioFolio Posts: 698member
    Hahaha. One thing I do look forward to is Apple watch tracking how often I floss. Really blown away as a first timer by ease of new watch. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 5 of 9
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    Looks like a nice, compact electric toothbrush design for a reasonable $100 price.
    Now if the user can disable the 'smart' features and just turn it on and off in dumb mode
    I could consider buying one. Otherwise...
    Rayz2016
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Rayz2016 said:

I'm certain it is an entry in the Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 7 of 9
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,358member
    Bring your towel.

I'd go with this: https://www.getquip.com .

And a towel.
  • Reply 8 of 9

Hi! I've been looking for the best smart toothbrush and I find this the best one. Can I connect my QAIO Smart Mirror to Colgate E1? Thanks! 
    edited July 2018
  • Reply 9 of 9
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Everything is smart now: home appliances, etc. but this is the first time that something as mundane as toothbrush is getting AI. Interesting to see where this will go, probably not so far in the future every single things we use at home will be AI and connected to iPhone.