T-Mobile offers up to $700 off second iPhone in latest promo

Posted:
in iPhone
The U.S. branch of T-Mobile is running a new "Buy One Get One" promotion in which people buying an iPhone can get up to $700 off a second, as long as they meet the right criteria.

Customers interested in the deal must be switching a number to T-Mobile, and trade in one of a series of eligible Apple, LG, or Samsung phones. In the case of iPhones, options extend as far back as 2013's iPhone 5s.

After buying the two new iPhones, customers must complete a rebate form within the next 30 days. Once T-Mobile receives the trade-in, compensation will actually come in the form of a prepaid Mastercard valued up to $700.

Eligible new hardware ranges from the iPhone 7 through to the iPhone X, excluding the iPhone 6s and SE.

T-Mobile regularly runs similar "BOGO" promotions, particularly in the months surrounding an iPhone launch.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    5s qualifies, 6s doesn’t?

The 5s is obsolete, while the 6s is still supported by Apple...
  • Reply 2 of 5
    entropysentropys Posts: 4,166member
    Sean, that is if you purchase a 6S
  • Reply 3 of 5
    entropys said:
    Sean, that is if you purchase a 6S
    Well I do own a 6S.. (they’re not taking about purchases but tradeins)

The way I read it T-Mobile accepts trade-ins of the 5S, but not the 6S or SE.

Which is strange...

I’m already with T-Mobile so it doesn’t matter.

By the way, T-Mobile has very good customer service.  Sprint is horrendous.  And, no Sprint’s network is in no way comparable.  Nor is it cheaper.

And, yes I’m going to badmouth Sprint until the end of time.  They’re really that bad...  they’ll bill you for whatever they like, no matter what you’ve agreed to.
    cornchip
  • Reply 4 of 5
    You read it wrong. You can trade in all the way back to the 5s but purchase must be 7 or newer
    redgeminipa
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Thank you so much for sharing. Glad to know about  this one.