Apple building 3 manufacturing plants in USA.

Posted:
in AppleOutsider
we don’t know why anyone would think this is true. If Trump were to say that companies that build (assemble) product for Apple are thinking of building plants here, I would be more likely to believe it.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    Where did AI get "manufacturing plants" from? That's very specific, but I can only find Trump saying plants. Even if Trump was specific, until we get word from Apple or Cook I wouldn't take anything he says as factual, but we all know he was vague specifically to help his lie.

Let's also keep in mind that Apple has been in the process of building new plants in the US for many years now regardless of BS from the POTUS. I expect several more data centers in the next few years.
    edited July 2017
  • Reply 2 of 4
    As far as I know I thought apple was always a american made product. I also know that alot of things are made in china and japan.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,176member
    Atomic77 said:
    As far as I know I thought apple was always a american made product. I also know that alot of things are made in china and japan.
    The iPhone is actually a Chinese product, designed in the USA. There may still be some few Macs built in America but in general Apple designs but has others, very often in China, set-up and build the actual devices/products. I don't think Apple themselves own outright any factories themselves. Every physical product is outsourced.
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 4 of 4
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    gatorguy said:
    Atomic77 said:
    The iPhone is actually a Chinese product, designed in the USA. There may still be some few Macs built in America but in general Apple designs but has others, very often in China, set-up and build the actual devices/products. I don't think Apple themselves own outright any factories themselves. Every physical product is outsourced.
    The Mac Pro has (had?) finally assembly in the US, but there are surely many components within that were manufactured elsewhere and imported into the country.