Apple picked as 'most innovative' company in recent US survey

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,372member
    tzeshan said:
    Why Tesla is not on the list?  It is more innovative than Google. It has products that work unlike Google many of its 'innovative' products do not work. To be innovative one critical requirement working.  By this I mean the product must be accepted by customers instead of being discontinued by the 'innovative' company. 
    I totally agree. Tesla would be way above several of the companies on this list if they were included, which they were not. Even non-tech consumer product/service companies like P&G and FedEx are much more innovative than some of the companies on this list. It's nice to see Apple on the top of a list, but this is an overly narrow field of contenders and lots of innovation is taking place outside the world of tech gadgetry.  
    edited January 2018 watto_cobra
  • Reply 22 of 27
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member
    Whatever tech qualifies as innovative is one thing, but that’s only half the story: the idea has to a) actually work as intended, and b) ship as an actual product.

Apple is very good at both. 
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 23 of 27
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,339member
    So innovative that just after this article, AppleInsider posted another article entitled, "macOS High Sierra App Store settings menu not effectively secured by user password"!

The innovation here is that you no longer need your actual password.  Just enter any password for full access.  The ultimate in convenience!
  • Reply 24 of 27
    brucemcbrucemc Posts: 1,541member
    Clearly not enough of the US population reads tech journalism.  Others they would have learned from the pundits and analysts that Apple isn’t innovative at all. 
    StrangeDayswatto_cobra
  • Reply 25 of 27
    Apple is innovative. They were at one time considered better than Microsoft.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    OK, but whose products are also the most magical?
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 27 of 27
    iPhone X, AirPods, Watch series 3, new iMac Pro, I can see why.