Apple running low on iPhone 6 Plus batteries, postponing some swaps until March

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    wiseywisey Posts: 31member
    Having been to Apple stores 3 times this week, once to drop off my wife’s 2-year old 6s, once to pick it up the next day, and a third time to drop an iPad Pro 12.9 in, I had no trouble making appointments to getting service for iPhones but had time scheduling visits to fix my iPad Pro 12.98 nch. On each of the theee occasions, I saw many people getting their iPhone batteries often I. The same day but no longer than several hours.  If you go late in the day, they return you iPhone to You th next day.  
  • Reply 22 of 27
    I live in Croatia- Hrvatska Europe and own a 6 plus and unfortunately our only authorized Apple seller in capital Zagreb still has no official note on how to handle the battery swap. On two occasions at battery with 60% and 31% charge when taking photos the iPhone 6 plus simply abruptly shut down. So I called them as I am 200 km away from Apple Store and Service center Zagreb, to help me out, they still don’t know how to resolve the issue. It’s really a hard blow for me (but for Apple as well) as now all my acquaintances are making fun of me and mocking me for me commending them Apple products for so many years, and now after just 2,5 years my 6 plus becomes so crappy, as if Google or Samsung had produced it. Now I’m telling you folks at Apple - you are obliged to solve this issue yesterday and if you do not, then I will have no other solution but to claim a brand new 8 plus at your expense. P.S. Putting that 12 MP camera in 8 plus is such a shame, if you are not able to slot in at least a 36 MP shooter and make my day, I will certainly start seriously considering Samsung smartphones as my next best choice. Resolve the issue immediately or grant me a brand new machinery, Apple !
  • Reply 23 of 27
    clock07 said:
    I live in Croatia- Hrvatska Europe and own a 6 plus and unfortunately our only authorized Apple seller in capital Zagreb still has no official note on how to handle the battery swap. On two occasions at battery with 60% and 31% charge when taking photos the iPhone 6 plus simply abruptly shut down. So I called them as I am 200 km away from Apple Store and Service center Zagreb, to help me out, they still don’t know how to resolve the issue. It’s really a hard blow for me (but for Apple as well) as now all my acquaintances are making fun of me and mocking me for me commending them Apple products for so many years, and now after just 2,5 years my 6 plus becomes so crappy, as if Google or Samsung had produced it. Now I’m telling you folks at Apple - you are obliged to solve this issue yesterday and if you do not, then I will have no other solution but to claim a brand new 8 plus at your expense. P.S. Putting that 12 MP camera in 8 plus is such a shame, if you are not able to slot in at least a 36 MP shooter and make my day, I will certainly start seriously considering Samsung smartphones as my next best choice. Resolve the issue immediately or grant me a brand new machinery, Apple !
    Putting that 12 MP camera in 8 plus is such a shame, if you are not able to slot in at least a 36 MP shooter and make my day - From where did you get the idea that higher the megapixels, better the camera???? Even in Android world, EACH and EVERY OEM has moved towards 12/13 MP cameras following Apple's lead.
    watto_cobra
  • Reply 24 of 27
    My rough estimate is 30% at minimum. A lot of people use smartphones just for a couple of functions - 1.phone calls, 2.Face time = Google duo or likes 3. Email, 4. Taking photos 5. Playing/making videos. How advanced a headset would have to be for those folks ? They expect a stripped down reliable device with a best in class camera of 36-52 MP and are willing to pay 999 $ for that device ( or less). We must understand that high ranked Google and Samsung executives are reading these posts and I’m sure they will take advantage of this miserable situation with Apple abrupt shutdown mess. It will take them no more than 3-6 months to launch a dedicated smartphone as depicted above and take away at least 30% of loyal Apple customer base. It as a gold opportunity for them and no way they’re gonna miss it. Google and Samsung are being tasked, 999 $ (or even less) and they get 30 % hands down. Rough estimate!
  • Reply 25 of 27
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    clock07 said:
    Putting that 12 MP camera in 8 plus is such a shame, if you are not able to slot in at least a 36 MP shooter and make my day - From where did you get the idea that higher the megapixels, better the camera???? Even in Android world, EACH and EVERY OEM has moved towards 12/13 MP cameras following Apple's lead.
    Exactly correct! More MP doesn't mean a better camera. There's more to a camera other than how many MP it has. You can see example after example of this on the internet. Its just like because my Mac is 3 GHz and yours is 2.5 GHz, doesn't mean mine is exactly faster in the end. We learned this from back in the PPC days. Higher numbers don't always mean better results. 
    edited January 2018
  • Reply 26 of 27
    clock07 said:
    I thought Nokia had a 40MP camera in one of their phones but it ran Windows Phone 7 Phone Edition, or something pathetic like that.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    lkrupp said:
    Well, who would have expected that? Duh. Blind hysteria causing the lemmings to flock at the prospect of a near freebee. Already seeing cliams that the battery swap didn’t speed the phone back up. Evil, degenerate Apple!

not shocked. there's probably 10 different things that can cause a phone to run a little slower, only one of them being a dying battery. and yet to avoid bitching and moaning they are letting folks swap batteries that aren't even close to failing. I hear they are actually requiring battery tests to be done on all phones before and after a swap in case they get sued by folks pissed that their new battery didn't fix anything