Apple apparently shifting more MacBook orders to Foxconn with no plans for a major update ...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    I'm sure Apple will give the MacBook Pro a small update. I'll call it right now...the continuous bitching and whining about the lack of 32GB of RAM again on it, no USB A ports, etc, etc. It'll be 2016 all over again. Apple isn't going backwards folks...deal with it! They'll have a damn MacBook Pro with 32GB of RAM when they can release one. They're not purposely holding back a 32GB version. 
  • Reply 22 of 25
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    macxpress said:
    All I want is a MacBook Pro with more than 16GB of RAM, and I will happily replace my mid-2015 MacBook Pro with one this year. I love the mid-2015 MacBook Pro, but having 32GB or more RAM would be awesome.

Why exactly do you want 32GB of RAM? What are you doing that uses 32GB of RAM on a mobile device?
    Just because it’s a “mobile device” doesn’t mean it’s less a personal computer.  Most of the high performance ones today have the options to allow users to have 32GB of RAM, having 16GB maximum already means it falls short here.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    SoliSoli Posts: 10,035member
    DuhSesame said:
    macxpress said:
    All I want is a MacBook Pro with more than 16GB of RAM, and I will happily replace my mid-2015 MacBook Pro with one this year. I love the mid-2015 MacBook Pro, but having 32GB or more RAM would be awesome.

Why exactly do you want 32GB of RAM? What are you doing that uses 32GB of RAM on a mobile device?
    Just because it’s a “mobile device” doesn’t mean it’s less a personal computer.  Most of the high performance ones today have the options to allow users to have 32GB of RAM, having 16GB maximum already means it falls short here.
    Have you seen a 19” gaming laptop with one hour battery life? Do you think Apple should make one of those? How about include Windows on a gaming Mac instead of macOS because, as you say, it would “fall short” of these niche devices that are extremely weak in other areas that Mac users tend to cherish?
  • Reply 24 of 25
    DuhSesameDuhSesame Posts: 1,278member
    Soli said:
    DuhSesame said:
    macxpress said:

Have you seen a 19” gaming laptop with one hour battery life? Do you think Apple should make one of those? How about include Windows on a gaming Mac instead of macOS because, as you say, it would “fall short” of these niche devices that are extremely weak in other areas that Mac users tend to cherish?
    That’s not what I mean.  You literally take it to another level.