New Apple ad for iPhone X Animoji features Grammy nominees Childish Gambino, Migos

Posted:
in iPhone
Apple continues to embrace Animoji karaoke in its latest YouTube spot, using Childish Gambino's song "Redbone," as well as "Stir Fry" by Megos.

The ad with Childish Gambino's "Redbone" features the unicorn and alien Animoji, as seen on Apple's iPhone X.

The second ad uses the dog and poop Animoji, singing "Stir Fry" by Migos.

The ads are intended for the Grammy awards, and will play following the relevant artist appearances on the awards show on Jan. 28.

Apple does note that the video was "professionally animated," and that the Animoji feature can only record up to 10 seconds at a time.

Shortly after the iPhone X was available, social media was flooded with karaoke of popular songs on social media -- and it is easy to do.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I’m half expecting apple to release an Animoji app for easily creating longer form karaoke videos.

i doubt they were expecting that to be a thing but they may want to capitalize on it. Maybe it will be in an update to Clips. 
    doozydozen
  • Reply 2 of 5
    I’m half expecting apple to release an Animoji app for easily creating longer form karaoke videos.

i doubt they were expecting that to be a thing but they may want to capitalize on it. Maybe it will be in an update to Clips. 
    Wonder if there are any copyright issues? Or is there fair use up to a certain number of seconds?
    edited January 2018 jony0
  • Reply 3 of 5
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member

Wonder if there are any copyright issues? Or is there fair use up to a certain number of seconds?
    They could license many tracks from popular artists that people could use to build videos, if they have Apple Music maybe they'd get a bigger selection.
    That would 100% catch on with the teens to early 20s crowd, especially women (and I know what I'm talking about from my own children that are teens to young adults).
    doozydozen
  • Reply 4 of 5
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    I want an Animoji for Jack of Jack in the Box.
    It's late, I'm hungry.
    doozydozen
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jasenj1jasenj1 Posts: 923member
    Where did the company go that had the "Think Different" campaign? Apple used to focus on the amazing things people could do with Apple products to change the world. Now it's singing unicorns & poop? Self-parody?